Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

School made my family and i miserable and it's been 9 years in this district.

Develops character: Agree

I feel the kids are held accountable when they make poor choices and break rules. The principal informs ALL students what is expected, the behaviors that will not be tolerated, and follows through with consequences (detentions, lost privileges, etc.) when rules are broken.

I have 2 kids that attend this school. This will be our 4th year at PHS. We have been in 3 different school districts up until this point and I can honestly say the way this school is run far exceeds anything we have experienced in the past. The principal is one of the best. He is always present, he is energetic, he creates an environment that is conducive to learning and full of pride. The students know what to expect, they know he means business and is control, yet he shows the students respect and kindness and genuine concern. I am impressed with the curriculum, the communication, the school spirit, the campus, and most of the teachers. Above all, I feel that my kids are fortunate to be a part of such a well run school and will receive a great education. I must also compliment the school board and the superintendent. I know we are in great hands.

I wish this school focused on academics as much as it does sports. If you are not interested in sports, you are lost in the shuffle. Sometimes even picked on and made to feel out of place. I have lived here for 17 years and am tired of the "Prosper Pride", forced on you. If you don't play or worse care about sports or the pep rallies you are a nobody. I wish there was more than just glorifying sports.

My daughter has been attending this school for 2 semesters. While the education is probably average at best, the rules are absolutely ridiculous. From the forced attendance at pep rallies, forced attire at pep rallies, (Yes, if the child does not conform to the pep rally schema, he or she is given detention.) the hidden ability for the school to post private information (They don't delineate what the information is.) at will, to punishing a child for one tardy, yet the bus cannot be on time. I cannot recommend this school as the principal propagates sports and some education and then tries to enforce a ridiculous amount of rules.

Talented and caring staff. Communication is fantastic and there are lots of activities for kids to get involved in (band is great!). The area is having a huge growth explosion but the district seems to have a great plan in place to manage that growth.

The school superintendent for Prosper ISD does a fantastic job and much of his work can be seen in the students that go through Prosper High. Would highly recommend this school for your child!

Every school has pros and cons. Like everything, it's attitude. Dr. Watkins is wonderful and I'm so grateful he is our superintendent.

Im a 9th grader this year, i was really excited to go into high school. I started the year liking it, Im in the band so I got to ever football game, the team might have done really bad but I had fun in the stands. As the semester went on we had to learn the Prosper Rumble 2.0 which I hated they pulled us out of class to do something stupid, I had important classes that I needed a full period for not one cut short. I was getting to know my teachers more some of them were great but I had many that were really bad and didnt help me. Some of the students are great but most of them are stuck up snobs that brag about how much money they have and they put you down if you dont have as much. Ive been made fun of sense I moved here 7 years ago, its really hard on me and I dont like it.

Not bad, but they could cool it on the school spirit. Real school spirit comes naturally and doesn't have to be shoved down kids throats. Other than that however, not bad!

Last modified Prosper High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.