Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 12, 2016
My daughter has been attending this school for 2 semesters. While the education is probably average at best, the rules are absolutely ridiculous. From the forced attendance at pep rallies, forced attire at pep rallies, (Yes, if the child does not conform to the pep rally schema, he or she is given detention.) the hidden ability for the school to post private information (They don't delineate what the information is.) at will, to punishing a child for one tardy, yet the bus cannot be on time. I cannot recommend this school as the principal propagates sports and some education and then tries to enforce a ridiculous amount of rules.

Prosper High School
Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted September 16, 2015
The curriculum is challenging but I felt like our son had the opportunity to get help if needed.

Posted September 16, 2015
Talented and caring staff. Communication is fantastic and there are lots of activities for kids to get involved in (band is great!). The area is having a huge growth explosion but the district seems to have a great plan in place to manage that growth.

Posted June 18, 2015
The school superintendent for Prosper ISD does a fantastic job and much of his work can be seen in the students that go through Prosper High. Would highly recommend this school for your child!

Posted June 07, 2015
Every school has pros and cons. Like everything, it's attitude. Dr. Watkins is wonderful and I'm so grateful he is our superintendent.

Posted December 28, 2014
Im a 9th grader this year, i was really excited to go into high school. I started the year liking it, Im in the band so I got to ever football game, the team might have done really bad but I had fun in the stands. As the semester went on we had to learn the Prosper Rumble 2.0 which I hated they pulled us out of class to do something stupid, I had important classes that I needed a full period for not one cut short. I was getting to know my teachers more some of them were great but I had many that were really bad and didnt help me. Some of the students are great but most of them are stuck up snobs that brag about how much money they have and they put you down if you dont have as much. Ive been made fun of sense I moved here 7 years ago, its really hard on me and I dont like it.

Posted December 18, 2014
Not bad, but they could cool it on the school spirit. Real school spirit comes naturally and doesn't have to be shoved down kids throats. Other than that however, not bad!

Posted October 04, 2014
My family moved from out of state, and when we were looking for school districts Prosper stood out. Prosper has a lot of pride, and the fact that we can brag about our school proves that PHS is amazing academically and spirit wise.

Posted September 30, 2014
Ok so Mr. Wright did not FORCE us to do the prosper rumble, he gaves us options on wether we would like to participate of not. He is an great principal over all and haves high expectations for us because he knows we can do it. He ask very little from us as high school students but , to strive for excellence. He comes up with all these fun activity and ways for us as a school to come together and have a great time. We are in high school thats is suppose to be the best years of your life and that is exactly what he haves made it.

Posted September 27, 2014
PHS is well-known for their school spirit and Prosper Rumble, performed at the pep rallies. I think the first year we did the Rumble, the kids actually did enjoy it. But I am afraid all the publicity the principal only seems to care about being the best. What people don't realize is these kids are FORCED to learn these rumble dances. They miss class in order to practice for the pep rallies.They get real grades in real classrooms History and geography, on how well they learn the school song.The principal SCREAMS at the kids, threatens them, if they do not participate in the pep rallies. School spirit comes from WITHIN, it cannot be forced.Watching Prosper Rumble 2.0 I did not see kids filled with school spirit, I saw kids being forced to perform for ratings. I was also taken with the pep rallies when they started and was excited about the school spirit. But if this principal doesn't get a grip soon he is going to kill what he is trying to hard to create. Being the best should not be the the goal, leading the kids to legitimately care about each other and their school, should. Get a grip, Prosper, and stop blindly supporting this. School is for learning, after all, or so I thought.

Prosper High School
301 Eagle Drive, Prosper, TX  75078
Last modified Prosper High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prosper High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top