Prosper, TX
Students enrolled: 1,628

Posted June 18, 2015
The school superintendent for Prosper ISD does a fantastic job and much of his work can be seen in the students that go through Prosper High. Would highly recommend this school for your child!

Posted June 07, 2015
Every school has pros and cons. Like everything, it's attitude. Dr. Watkins is wonderful and I'm so grateful he is our superintendent.

Posted December 28, 2014
Im a 9th grader this year, i was really excited to go into high school. I started the year liking it, Im in the band so I got to ever football game, the team might have done really bad but I had fun in the stands. As the semester went on we had to learn the Prosper Rumble 2.0 which I hated they pulled us out of class to do something stupid, I had important classes that I needed a full period for not one cut short. I was getting to know my teachers more some of them were great but I had many that were really bad and didnt help me. Some of the students are great but most of them are stuck up snobs that brag about how much money they have and they put you down if you dont have as much. Ive been made fun of sense I moved here 7 years ago, its really hard on me and I dont like it.
5 people found this helpful

Posted December 18, 2014
Not bad, but they could cool it on the school spirit. Real school spirit comes naturally and doesn't have to be shoved down kids throats. Other than that however, not bad!
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 04, 2014
My family moved from out of state, and when we were looking for school districts Prosper stood out. Prosper has a lot of pride, and the fact that we can brag about our school proves that PHS is amazing academically and spirit wise.

Posted September 30, 2014
Ok so Mr. Wright did not FORCE us to do the prosper rumble, he gaves us options on wether we would like to participate of not. He is an great principal over all and haves high expectations for us because he knows we can do it. He ask very little from us as high school students but , to strive for excellence. He comes up with all these fun activity and ways for us as a school to come together and have a great time. We are in high school thats is suppose to be the best years of your life and that is exactly what he haves made it.

Posted September 27, 2014
PHS is well-known for their school spirit and Prosper Rumble, performed at the pep rallies. I think the first year we did the Rumble, the kids actually did enjoy it. But I am afraid all the publicity the principal only seems to care about being the best. What people don't realize is these kids are FORCED to learn these rumble dances. They miss class in order to practice for the pep rallies.They get real grades in real classrooms History and geography, on how well they learn the school song.The principal SCREAMS at the kids, threatens them, if they do not participate in the pep rallies. School spirit comes from WITHIN, it cannot be forced.Watching Prosper Rumble 2.0 I did not see kids filled with school spirit, I saw kids being forced to perform for ratings. I was also taken with the pep rallies when they started and was excited about the school spirit. But if this principal doesn't get a grip soon he is going to kill what he is trying to hard to create. Being the best should not be the the goal, leading the kids to legitimately care about each other and their school, should. Get a grip, Prosper, and stop blindly supporting this. School is for learning, after all, or so I thought.
10 people found this helpful

Posted August 11, 2014
Prosper has been very good for my children academically. The school has outstanding school spirit. Unfortunately, the athletic department is a country club for the rich kids or what you do for the coach. The best players do not always play. It is how connected you are to the coach and how much you kiss his behind. There are things that go on that should not.
5 people found this helpful

Posted April 23, 2014
:D My school is Awesome! No matter what all those kids and students from other schools say Prosper is a school for everyone :D I am a middle class student or more like my family is middle class. And sure people in Prosper have nice things but that shouldn't change your high school experience...that should be up to you....and how you decide to live your high school life. Let me just say the "rich gang" things we say is because we are "rich in our academics, and in our class rooms" which I know sounds kinda not for high schoolers but it really keeps us motivated. I love how our principal is motivated, and keeps us pumped up for games...last year I never even went to basketball or football games cause I thought it was just a waste of time but he's created this section for students to support our team and help get us closer as a school and I like that. I believe that the way they run things as far as punishment is fair game.if you do something wrong and you did it on purpose then that's on your kid...they made their decision, and so they pay the consequences. I love how my school supports new students who come to prosper :) If I we're to move some where Prosper is definitely the place

Posted November 14, 2013
This school is so great, it has so much school spirit and the principle is awesome! I couldn't imagine going anywhere else! I'm a freshman and upperclassmen were so sweet and welcoming when I got here! I wouldn't trade my experience here for anything else and can't wait to finish my highschool career here, I can already tell these are gonna be some of the best years of my life!

Prosper High School
301 Eagle Drive, Prosper, TX  75078
Last modified Prosper High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prosper High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top