Bad
Good

This school is the worst with favoritism! If your child is a favorite or the parent works within the school district, then your child will have special privileges & get away with certain circumstances... such as not being punished or disciplined for bad behavior. All students should be treated equally and in a fair manner-- unfortunately this does NOT apply to Cannon Elementary.

The school is absolutely fantastic. The kids are great teachers are great but the homework they give out needs to have better instructions.

DC Cannon's Principal is disconnected from this school and has no business being in the education field! The school does the bare minimum and nothing above what the state requires them to! The staff does not know state policies and the princippal acts as if he is the top dog and cannot be challenge. I recently filed a formal complaint against the school district for violating state policy regarding a recent Lice problem at the school. They stated they were also not going to inform parents of this issue because again they were not required to! Stay away! A veteran teacher allowed an Aid to convince her to call me at home and place my child on the phone and coach her into telling me she was a liar because she told me something different than she told her teacher! The principal is condescending, rude, dry, and sarcastic. The nurse is uneducated in her own field and had to pull some bogus document from the another state to use to argue with me over them not following state definitions. The superintendent informed me that I cannot expect all policies to be in black and white! Yes I can! And the Texas Education Agency agrees! Know your rights as a parent!

Excellent teachers and staff .Please keep up the good work our granddaughter is a straight A student here and loves her friends and the teachers and the principal . Thank all of you and keep up the good work,,,,

I absolutely love D.C. Cannon Elementary! The teachers, staff, and principal are all very nice and caring towards the students! My daughter works hard in everything, and is always going on and on about how great it is. The teacher teaches everything to the point, not just what they need to know for the State Tests!! The kids are nice as well!!

I have been very pleased with this school, teachers and principle. I love the reward systems for the students who strive to achieve their best. I have met helpful and nice parents too. I am looking forward to next year. My child loves his school too especially P.E. , teacher, principle, computer lab, math and reading AR program.

The principal is horrible. He doesnt get involved with the kids, he doesnt address problems between kids or teachers. He is the worst prinicpal I have ever seen at this school!

Last modified D C Cannon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2