Life School Red Oak

Charter | K-12 | 1554 students

Sweep tile

Posted October 7, 2008

My son has been at LSRO for two years now. His previous teacher was excellent, we appreciated the way she communicated with us daily. The only concern that I have is the fact that the student per teacher ratio is getting out of hand. One reason for choosing LSRO was the quality of education, parent involvement, and teacher/student ratio, and over crowding in public schools, but now LSRO is well over the the state average and each year it's getting worse. In order to receive a solid education, the number of students per teacher should be less than 24-25 students. First thru third grades are important learning years and if a student is not able to get the attention they need early on, they tend to fall behind later. I hope this is addressed in the future.

Posted October 1, 2008

Life School Red Oak has a good environment for the Elem. students but they lack in their Upper Class. Jr. High and High School students. The students are not challenged,the teachers don't explain the work, the techers seem to be unprofessional and have no idea what they are teaching about. The students can't get help with work and the staff is unprepared for any situation that may arise. Life School also lacks in displine regarding the upper level students.

Posted July 19, 2008

My daughter went to Life school for the first time this year. She was nervous leaving her 'public'school friends but when I picked her up after the first day she was all smiles. Sure they have to teach to the test but name one district in Texas that doesn't. I do not plan on her changing schools until I move her to college.

Posted June 23, 2008

My daughter has gone here since it opened, and now she is going into the 9th grade. My two other children attend, and we are all very happy! The principal, and administration, and teachers all care very much for each student, and want them to excel in every area. Parents do not feel as if they are an outsider, you are their partner in your child's education. My children will all graduate from Life School Red Oak. We are not going anywhere.

Posted March 14, 2008

My daughter is finishing kindergarten at life school and my son will be attending this year. I love this school! The principle is great, the teachers are awesome. My daughter has learned so much, it amazes me. I love the fact that they are all about parent involvement. If you love your kids and care about their education, you will definetly send them to Life School.

Posted March 4, 2008

We have just started this year with LSRO and so far it is great! It is worth the drive! The leadership and teachers are great and really care not only about the student's education but their lives!

Posted January 31, 2008

This is our second year at Life School Red Oak. I have two children there, in second and fourth grade. Although the classes are large, my children are excelling and I am very impressed with the teachers and the principal leadership. Kepp up the good work!

Posted January 2, 2008

This is my daughter's second year. We have been impressed my the teachers and the staff.

Posted November 14, 2007

I'v been going to Life School for 2 years now and it's a great place to be and learn!

Posted August 30, 2007

This is our second year at LSRO. I have 2 children, 1 in elementary - 1 in junior high. They both love it. They are just starting to add more athletic programs, etc as they grow. I would love it if they began things like band. The only real complaint I have is the pick up after school can take a while.

Posted August 18, 2007

A great school! Our Grandchildren attend and are doing very well.

Posted August 13, 2007

LSRO is an outstanding institution. I was priviledged to volunter in the class room two days a week, and I enjoyed every minute. helping the teacher and the little children was a very rewarding experience. I recommend LSRO to any parent. Withe Quality of leadership the school has. I only envision bigger and better things. I am looking forward to 2nd grade with great expectations.

Posted August 11, 2007

This school is the best thing that has ever happened to me.Life School teacher Mr.Davis has taught us allot.He is the coolest teacher ever.My teacher last year was Mrs.Ortiz she never gave up on the class.When you didn't understand she would go over it again.

Posted July 13, 2007

As a concerned and involved grandparent, I can honestly say I have never seen a school like LifeSchool Red Oak. After sending 2 of my 3 children to public school and watching the damage it did to their lives, I sent my 3rd child to private school. Even a costly private school with high ratings did not offer the positive all-round education that my grandchildren are getting at little to no cost. Thank you Life School for providing a way for even the underpriviliged children to get a quality life-based education!

Posted July 11, 2007

This is my third year at life school. I am Impressed and dissapointed with different things. The Athletic Department for seventh and eighth grade is growing very rapidly and yes, maybe they dont have alot of money to spend on Athletics but is that what school is about? The seventh and eighth grade do not have the same classes. I would know. Yet the teachers arent the best at explaining things often but they do teach the subjects well. So over all Im so so about the school.

Posted June 30, 2007

Life School is a great school to attend!I'm a current student attending the school.I have been there for three years and this uear will be my forth going into my freshman year.The teachers are great!They really make learning funThey also care about the students and help them out.Some teachers will go in early to help tutor or even stay after school to help.The staff/teachers also make sure your kids are in a safe place and take care of them.The parents also help out at the school and are involved.The big difference,to me is that it is a discipline school.That is what I love about it.It's not like the other schools I used to attend.Then there is Mr.Mena!He is a great person and cares abut us!

Posted June 15, 2007

life school is terrible! i have three kids who went there. The seventh and eighth grade have the same classes and the teachers do not explain clearly

Posted June 11, 2007

Life School is awesome. My son has completed two years and has excelled receiving top awards in his class both years. While touring Life School, Mr. Mena said something that stuck in my mind...'This is the way we do things because we feel it is the right way to do it. If you do not agree with the way we do things, then this is not the school for your kids'. I knew right then that this is where I wanted my kids to go to school. This school is not for everyone. Much more is expected from both parents and students than is required from other public schools. I think the thing that says the most about Life School is its re-enrollment rate which I believe is around 98%. I will take 25 well behaved kids in a classroom over 15 with 4 disruptive kids any day of the week.

Posted May 30, 2007

This will be our last year at life school red oak. The classes are far too big and the teachers too young. There are not enough aids for the early grades and not enough money spent on the children and instruction. The library is pitiful and their atheletic dept. is off to a slow start. The teachers teach to the test and do not form personal relationships with their students.

Posted May 25, 2007

Life School Red Oak at first sight would be a good school. But the over crowed class room and lack of season teachers are at its highest. I thought that this was the way to go after private school. But after two years and 27 to 30 kids in a class room later this will be my kids last year. I think that life school may be growing to fast and to many students that are bright are not being challenged. So I guess I will just have to stick with what I know best and thats paying for what I want smalller class room and more challenging work.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

131 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

132 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

140 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

139 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

138 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

146 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

145 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

144 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

132 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

133 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

115 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

115 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

113 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

113 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

68 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

68 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

73 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

145 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

139 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

143 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

143 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

141 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

126 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

105 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

All Students85%

Black or African American94%

All Students100%
Black or African American100%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Asian 2% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

777 S I 35 E