Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Hi everyone If you like your child has a good disiplin and high education with very firendly atmosphere , this is the right place . I am so happy my son is going to this school and I believe , he is in right path . Thanks to mr Dylan best headteacher

Red Oak ISD is a joke and anyone who doesn't agree either doesn't have plans for their child to further their education after high school or enjoys seeing their tax dollars pay for the superintendents house along with many other non district related things. I graduated from Red Oak K-12 and now my kindergarten started this year and the only reason for that is because our house isn't finished being built yet and we live behind the elementary. The teachers are inadequate, administration all close personal friends that were brought in after Scott Nivens became the superintendent, the dress code is the only thing I can say they're strict on and well educated about. They check kids for socks! Socks! Who does that?! I've been to eat with my daughter several times and watched the lunch teachers make them throw their lunch away and not eat because the one the parents provided wasn't up to their standards (they looked just fine to me) I've then gotten up and bought (6 kids) since the first day of school lunch with the money I put on my daughters account because no kid should go hungry and then when it was brought up to the principle was told it wasn't any of my business. I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET AWAY FROM RED OAK. take your kids anywhere else and I mean anywhere and they'll be better off! I thought it was bad when I was in school and years later it's 1000x worse.

I loved the education my two children received at Red Oak High School. I think a good education is the responsibility of not only the school, however, but the parents as well. This puts parents in the responsibile role of finding outside help if it is needed to supplement a child's learning, and if supplemental help is required, that is fine. Both of my children are doing great at the four-year colleges they are attending, and I give the credit to Red Oak ISD! Their AP program is outstanding!!! I do think you have to know what each child needs....and some kids just need more help than others. Teachers at RO do their best to provide for their students.... from what my family and friends have seen!

This school is below average at best. My son is a senior and had we not made sacrifices outside of school to supplement the inadequate education at RO, he would not be college-ready at all. I feel so sorry for the parents who want a good school for their children, but are unable to afford outside tutoring and classes necessary for them to obtain a decent education that Red Oak fails to provide.

Big enough to offer unique programs, and small enough to feel like an individual. My daughter attends ROHS and I love the fact that she has so many clubs, sports and programs to choose from. Urging your kids to get involved will mean a better year for them and you. Any time I've had an issue, the office staff seems eager to talk it through. Just sayin'

The school falls short when it comes to handling disruptive students. My son has classes where problematic students are preventing the planned lessons from taking place. Something needs to be done.

Has a dumbed down curriculum (research CSCOPE); teachers that are treated badly and harassed by incompetent tyrannical vice-principal; students know they don't have to work and learn because the district lets them recover credits by takin a short computer course after they fail regular courses. Teachers are beaten down and have given up, so they just go along. District is led by a superintendent who is totally focused on the money--thus they will allow anything to happen as long as kids show up every day so they collect their funding which is based on daily attendance. Weeks and weeks of instruction time are sacrificed by incessant testing and assessments, some of which are put together by central office personnel with no knowledge of subject matter--teachers are excluded from participating in any determination of instructional policy--total top-down political administration. Principal bows down to system and does not support teachers. I do not recommend.

Love this school and everything about it! Keep your problem kids in other schools, please :D

I am a mother of a Young Lady at ROHS and I love the school. She has attended Red Oak schools since ROJHS. Yes there are kids who pick and prod other kids but that is not the schools fault. That would be the parents not doing what they need to with their kids. My daughter has been picked on for her acne and I talk to her daily to see whatis going on now. My daughter doesn't bully people because she is. I as a parent have taught her not to be a bully. I don't put the blame on the School for bullies I put it on the parents. My daughter loves the schools and beged me to stay in Red Oak when we were looking at moving. A school is not just the Principals, teachers, and staff. It is the students and the whole community. I am glad my daughter is at Red Oak and so is she. All my support to the teachers who have to put up with disruptive kids. I am a big part of the program my daughter is in and will always like the teachers for what they have taught her. Red Oak is a great place to be.

Count me as a parent who isn't pleased with this school at all. Poor teacher quality, weak academics, out of control students and incompetent leaders who consistently fail to address these problems are the main reasons this school has continued to rapidly decline. Also, bullying is definitely a major problem at ROHS. It has happened to my son and his friends and nothing is being done to address it. The fact that several other parents have mentioned bullying of students in their posts just shows you how widespread the problem is. I posted my comment here and later the same day, I was attacked in another post for exposing the bullying problems at this school. That is what you have to deal with at Red Oak High when you speak up. If it was your kid being picked on, you wouldn't be making excuses for the bullies.

Last modified Red Oak High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.