Bad
Good

Its a shame that my son has encountered the same issues at Red Oak Junior High School that a parent identified here two years ago. My son is quiet and takes his studies seriously. At Red Oak Junior High, that is apparently an invitation to be harassed by others daily. I had hoped that this school year would be better with a new set of teachers, but that hasn't been the case. Its gotten so bad that we are selling our house and moving to Midlothian in January so he can have a safer environment to learn in. Midlothian's officials were prompt in explaining their policies on bullying to me and the consequences for anyone caught doing it when I contacted them. In Red Oak, they just don't seem to care. I refuse to keep my child in this mediocre performing school and district any longer than I have to.

When my daughter started attending ROJH, I expected a school with a culture of high standards. So far I have been thoroughly disappointed. Despite the shining reviews left by others, I find the school to be sub-par academically. In addition to academics, there are several other issues that I am concerned about. There is a growing number of disruptive students who are now beginning to interfere with classroom instruction, some students are regularly bullied with no disciplinary repercussions for those doing the bullying, and the school administrators/teachers are failing to confront these problems. I have heard these same concerns from other parents as well. My daughter is an excellent student and I am an involved parent who wants her to have the best educational experience possible. Right now, ROJH is failing to provide such an experience.

I think Red Oak Jr. High is an excellent school. My son enjoys the curriculum, there are a lot of extra curricular activities available, his teachers are dedicated and the staff has been great. If your child is having discipline issues, look in the mirror, and ask yourself how involved you are in your child's education. Both parents work in this family, no stay at home mom to pick up the slack. We're all over the homework and communicate with the teachers, who welcome it. This school provides talented educators and a great curriculum. I have found the teachers here to be excellent, the councilors to be very caring, and the staff hard working and very attentive.

There are MANY schools in Tx. that enroll children. Best of luck. Hope there is the perfect one waiting for another enrollment.

Not a good school by any measure. I will be sending my child elsewhere when school resumes in August.

I read the comments on these website and am surprised how low it is. I was recently a student this past year and it was completely different under the new assistant principals. They were hard, but fair. I shared my discipline incidents and got sent home as well as AEP. If anything, students welcomed the change.

The school had a major turnaround in just one year. You noticed the difference from my child's 7th to 8th grade year. Even the enforcement of Dress Code was placed here compared to the other campuses. That's really what got some parents upset.

This school was a nightmare. My child was bullied, and nothing was done about it.

The teachers at this school are great. Kids at this age can be very difficult to deal with, and considering a lack of parental invovolement, I beleive the teahers do a great job. I do believe the principles could make better decision when it comes to detention and disipline. Overall, a pretty good school.

This school doesn't communicate with parents. I've been to the school office several times and have witnessed students be unfairly disciplined. They seem to jump straight to detentions and sending children out of class. If you are limited in your ability to speak English this problem is multiplied! Avoid this school This

Last modified Red Oak J High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.