Rhome, TX

Chisholm Trail Middle School 2

Posted March 08, 2012
We are so frustrated with this school! The principal up and left in the middle of the year, the counselor for 6th grade doesn't return calls. Teachers are average at best.

Chisholm Trail Middle School 2

Posted November 06, 2011
Our child had a wonderful experience attending elementary school in the Northwest ISD, but Chisholm Trail is in a whole different ballpark. Although some of the trouble that our child and family have been frustrated by probably stems from poor management and decision-making at the district level, the principals at Chisholm seem to be sitting back and hoping that the school will run itself. Most of the work done by students is expected to be performed online this year. There was no preparation provided for children and parents in advance, however. The staff was unaware that the Netbooks distributed could not access the Internet from many homes. Teachers post documents that cannot be downloaded or utilized. Our child received an F for not logging into a Facebook-type program for Language Arts. Some of the teachers care and are competent, but there is one (at least) who desperately needs to return to school herself, for the sake of her students. Another has expressed to me her own frustration with the way this campus is run. Chishom Trail is a disorganized place. The students are not the only ones who have some homework to do! Sadly, for them, it will be turned in late.

Chisholm Trail Middle School 4

Posted September 02, 2011
Middle school is such a difficult age for all children. I appreciate the teachers that reach out and try to make a difference. I do see many at this school that are outstanding teachers. My daughter has participated in the orchestra program for two years, and we have not be impressed with the leadership from the teacher. Mrs. Fox (an exceptionally outstanding teacher)used to teach at Chisholm, but is now at the high school. It was taken over by Mr. Smith, who clearly should have chosen a different career because it is clear he does not enjoy his job or his students. For such an outstanding program, we are very disappointed because our daughter wants to drop out of that class every day!

Chisholm Trail Middle School 1

Posted April 02, 2010
I dislike this school very much. I'm sad that my girls will have to endure it before a change happens and it is improved (it can only get better?) The principal really doesn't care about the students or the parents. The mood is very apathetic.

Posted March 23, 2010
We moved here because of the 'Highly Acclaimed' Northwest School District. My child did not go to any elementary schools, but did go to Chisholm Trail Middle School. We are very disappointed and wish we were still in the Plano School District that we moved from.

Chisholm Trail Middle School 4

Posted January 28, 2010
GO BULLDOGS!! With that said, I am EXTREMELY unhappy with the Athletic Admin for the re structure they did for Football. So glad we won't have to deal with that next year. The change in the district was our biggest struggle which is not the school nor the coaches fault. Dr. Thornell is a strong Principle in many ways but very forgiving. this is my sons 8th grade year and easiest year so far. He struggled in 6th and 7th grade and with the help of Thornell and a few patient teachers he is doing quite well. The parents are the greatest!! Everyone is very friendly and everyone watches out for the others kids. Classrooms are a little over crowded, however, with the new Middle School this should be corrected.

Chisholm Trail Middle School 3

Posted January 26, 2010
My daughter didn't like this school when sge first came about a week ago because the office was a little pushy making her take classes she didn't want just because of room issues. At her old school, she was very happy, had a great attitude, and was friends with everyone; here she has trouble finding people to interact with her, who are interested in being her friend,not just for the first day.

Posted September 07, 2009
Both my kids have attended CTMS. We absolutely love the school!!! The new principal is wonderful. The teachers are always accessible either via e-mail or phone. Everytime I go into the office, I am greeted with a smile. What a wonderful school...

Chisholm Trail Middle School 5

Posted October 23, 2008

Posted September 29, 2007
My son started here this fall as a new 7th grader. So far I am not impressed. The 7th grade has to take a mandatory math enrichment class to enhance their math skills due to poor scores on the TAKS test. This keeps them from being able to have any electives. They spend 2 periods in language arts and reading and 2 in math. My son transferred in from another district and is learning things he learned in 5th grade in the math enrichment class. So far, I am not impressed. He is able to take AP math and has access to 4 AP classes but it would be nice for all of his hard work to be able to have an art class or Spanish as an elective. Maybe they should be able to test out of this math enrichment class.

Chisholm Trail Middle School
583 Farm to Market 3433, Rhome, TX  76078
Last modified Chisholm Trail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chisholm Trail Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top