Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 28, 2016
My disabled child attended school at Prairie View during 2007-2009. They refused to give him a aide to help him with his notes and such. A kid in his class attempted to help him out but then his grades became affected. They yelled at me for attempting to drop off my kid because I had to get his wheelchair out of my van. "keep it moving" They where not equipped to teach disabled children. With all the money from the area they wouldn't give in for an aide. We ended up moving for the sake of my child. Principal Frances was more concerned with retiring, then accommodating a disabled child.

Posted October 21, 2012
As a parent I feel there is soooooo much lacking from Prairie View. The teachers yell at their students, and berate them in front of fellow classmates. When you being this to the principles attention he makes you feel like your wasting his time and that you are a big joke. He also give you the impression that it is probably you child not the teacher that is the problem. I feel I get no where with this school. Im a stay at home mother and put a lot of time and money into this school for the benifit of my child and feel that even this is not enough. Its like Im back in high school again. You are either in or your out when it comes to this school and the sad thing is you never know where you stand unless you are 24/7 brown nosing the principle and staff. If I could I would rip my kid out asap and put them in private school like westlake academy. good luck to those who have to send your kids to this school....maybe you will be one of the lucky ones.

Prairie View Elementary School 4

Posted June 23, 2010
my daughter just finished the 3rd grade @ Prairieview Elementary. This past year has been a bit conflicting with having to change teachers twice during the same year. We had some issues with bullying but brought it the principal's attention & it was dealt. Other than that, we've been pleased.

Posted July 12, 2009
Since Sandy Conklin has joined the team the school atmosphere is positive. The teachers attitude is better and the kids adore him. Thank you Sandy Conklin and all the teachers :)

Posted June 08, 2008
I was super impressed with the teachers at PVE. I think among the management they have a lack of communication..I constanstly was calling the admin building to get the communication there working. You just have to stay on them to keep the communication going..... Good job PVE Teachers......less than desirable Principal Mrs. Brown!

Prairie View Elementary School

Posted January 17, 2008
I am overall impressed with Prarie View...

Prairie View Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2007
I have to tell you that I could not be happier with the level of education and attention my son is receiving at Prairie View. Keep up the good work!

Prairie View Elementary School 3

Posted August 29, 2006
I have just started my daughter in this school. She is in kindergarten, so I don't have much to base my opinion off of. But for the school year so far, I think the management hasn't done a very good job. The teachers seem very committed to their jobs and the children. But the principal and her staff seem completely overwhelmed with the growth. There seems to be no organization and the routine changes constantly. Which is very unsettling for a kindergarten student or any other child, not to mention the parents.

Posted August 24, 2006
It is very sad but this school has yet to figure out what communication and organization is all about. If you or your child need this, you will not get it here. Makes me very sad that my child must attend this school since I cannot afford private school.

Posted February 22, 2006
What an amazing school! The level of parent involvement is high, and there are many different programs for the kids. There is a regular family fun night each month. Every program is the latest and greatest available. The teachers are kind, involved, and caring. Sports, Music, Reading enrichments, and more. The student teacher ratio is about 20 kids in each class. It is a growing district and every time the classes get full they hire a new teacher for that grade. There are several new schools to be built in the next few years. The district has lots of money and it goes to the schools.

Prairie View Elementary School
609 Farm to Market Road 3433, Rhome, TX  76078
Last modified Prairie View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.