Rice, TX

Rice High School 5

Posted February 16, 2009
My time in this school passed by way to fast . I enjoyed this school very much the teachers are all about helping and it grants chances to be involved in lots of sports. Which was def the best time of my life!

Rice High School 4

Posted February 01, 2006
Academic programs are excellent. UIL, Debate, AP classes, and gifted/talented programs. Sports available include football, basketball, volleyball, track, tennis, softball, baseball and powerlifting. Parental involvement high at elementary level. Below average at junior high, and high school level.

Rice High School 5

Posted November 15, 2004
My daughter has been going to Rice Schools since the third grade. We moved from Ennis and it was the best thing we ever did. My daughter has excelled in the Rice School system becoming a member of the honor society, playing in the marching band, and all the sports. Rice has helped form my daughter into a better all around student.

Rice High School 1

Posted August 08, 2004
I have had nothing but problems with this school. My oldest son used to play football for the school and was very good. They threw him into a varsity game even though he was JV. He has always had a hard time with math and when he would skip practices to come home to study instead, they would punish him at practice the next day. When he fail the subject, they kept him playing in all of the games. I told the coaches that school comes first but that's not how they feel. Now they give him a hard time only because he quit playing football. They took the fun out of the game for him. The staff there won't solve any of the problems. They favortize and are rude and cold to those who don't 'fit in'. Parents and Students, alike.

Rice High School 1

Posted May 25, 2004
Before we moved here a year ago my children were doing excellent in shcool. I have 2 in 6th grade and have had nothing but problems with most of the teachers. The principal either hides in his office or in some other part of the school. If you are lucky enough to find him, don't expect him to solve your problems. There is however one teacher I have been in contact with this year that goes out of her way to help the kids...she is also new to this school, this is her first year of teaching at Rice. If we still live here next school year I am going to homeschool. I don't even know if my children will pass this year.

Rice High School
1400 North McKinney Street, Rice, TX  75155
Last modified Rice High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rice High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top