Posted June 22, 2014
No doubts this is an amazing school. From the principal and office staff to the amazing teachers I couldn't be more happy with the experience we had this past year. My son was in first grade and it was his first time in Texas as we moved from Miami. From the first time I felt welcomed and informed. My son's teacher was amazing. Always approachable. The academic program is exceptional. My son was always learning new things and engaged. Every activity the school had which were not many but enough the staff and principal were always there to greet us and make us part of the school. The counselor which is leaving was outstanding...so sad she is leaving. We are transferring to another school distric and are very sad but we are moving so the only reason why we are leaving.

Posted June 05, 2013
I could not disagree more with the comment below. Mrs. Beall has done a phenomenal job . She is professional and approachable. Mrs. Code is the true heart of the school. She is positive and has been a support for my children for many years. She was on mat leave for part of the year and is always very immediate when I call her. My kids absolutely adore her. The special ed department invests so much time into their students. I witnessed a teacher balling tears of joy after finding out that one struggling student passed the Star Test. All of the staff members are hard working, talented, and put their heart and soul into the students. We are so sad to transition to middle school, we feel like we are losing part of our family. Fortunately, my child is well prepared and has gained the tools to succeed thanks to the 5th grade team and other teachers along the way. They have challenged him and encouraged him. Unfortunately, the school lacks parent involvement. I volunteer when I am not working. I hope that the parents who view the school negatively take time to support the staff and get to know them rather than complain. You get out what you put into your child s school.

Posted April 24, 2013
Mrs Bealle is a horrible principle! PISD needs to sends some undercover people to schell to see how abusive some teachers are to the students. I would not send your kid their unless you want your kid to be abused! I called the counselor ms code four times and never once got a call back and the principle says to just work it out amongst yourselves! THIS SCHOOL NEEDS TO MAKE SOME SERIOUS CHANGES AND THE FIRST THING TO DO IS TO HIRE A NEW PRINCIPLE!

Schell Elementary School 3

Posted January 25, 2013
Donot like school !They also have too many activities!!!Approximately 5200 billion... I understand parents are to be involved with children schools but its over the top! And wayyyyyyyyyy too much!! Ex: School Shirt Day; Crazy slipper day; College Tshirt day; Donate a book day; Favorite Team Shirt Day; Cowboy Boots Day; Bring a book day; Watch a DVD that we sent home with your child; Create a paper doll; Create a story with pictures and send it back.....You know Im like.. okay... "Teachers aren't this your job!!" Do it!!... and leave me out.. i have enough parenting to do... that's why i send them to school for you to teach and entertain.. leave me OUT!!!lol!, not to mention I just don't have one child to focus on/ that school is over the top/ and the stuff they do should drive them crazy!!... Absolutely do not like this school/ but my child seems to enjoy it...

Schell Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2012
My 2nd grade child goes to Schell. Very disappointing and unfriendly class teacher will not show up most of the time. I wonder if PISD has any rules for teacher attendance. And there is no one substitue which makes it harder for both (kids and sub teacher) to progress in the syllabus. In the few days, the teacher shows up they spend time watching videos on Youtube (serious waste of tax dollars). Art and music teachers are fair. Principal needs to take steps and change things.

Posted November 21, 2011
I completely agree with the parent whose child is in special ed at Schell. My child is in special ed as well and the program for these kids is inadequate, the support staff under trained, and the services are horrible. We haven't really had a great experience with any of the staff either. All in all a terrible school.

Posted October 06, 2011
Schell is a great school. The new principal, Mrs. Beall, is great. She is approachable. The teachers and staff are great and friendly. I love how the teachers in each grade work closely together and collaborate. They work on knowing each student in their grade level. Schell has a gifted program on site which starts at kindergarten. The PTA offers many after school activities like Drama and Chess.

Posted September 14, 2011
My kid goes to special education at schell and its horrible,infact before this he went to west plano school and it was the same,true PISD is horrible at providing special services,no life skill at early age as they say "the fancier the restaurant the blander the food"

Posted August 10, 2011
Schell Elementary is a GREAT AND OUTSTANDING school. The art teacher is awesome!! My daughters are so motivated and happy! The principal (Mrs Danztler) is a very respectful and kind person, she's always smiling and caring with her students. Go COYOTES!!

Posted January 03, 2011
The principal is awesome, and her leadership is evident in every aspect of this wonderful nurturing school environment! It's a place where teachers smile and students feel happy, safe, and encouraged to reach for the stars. The specials staff offers a great compliment to the curriculum with a challenging art program, an outstanding music curriculum, and an upbeat PE crew that motivates students for a lifetime of healthy habits. The diverse student population is served by a dedicated and creative group of teachers. All in all a great place for students!

Schell Elementary School
5301 East Renner Road, Richardson, TX  75082
Last modified Schell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top