Posted November 19, 2014
I has my kids in a montessori school since babies and was a not sure about the public education. So happy we got into ACM where the kids go and come from school happy and exited. Amazing group of teachers, staff,PTA and a very involve principal that contributes and promotes a positive , healthy learning environment .

Posted May 18, 2014
I cannot say enough about this school. We have 2 kids here and the school is amazing! Every day I pick up my kids from school and ask how their day was, they answer with "awesome". The teachers, principals, and parents cannot be beat. The opportunities my kids have been able to experience with enrichment, REACH, specialized learning groups, etc has been wonderful and they have soared. This is a private education for free. My only regret is that we have to move out of state and I am distraught that we have to leave this school that we love. Go Falcons!

Posted October 21, 2013
ACM has had its share of obstacles to overcome over the past 10 years. The current school is the result of a merger between a small neighborhood school and a large, diverse magnet school. The current principal, Nelwyn Shows, has been in place for about five years now, and this school just gets better and better each year. The quality of the faculty, the extracurricular opportunities, the parent involvement ... all are unmatched, in my opinion. My daughter completed her seventh year at ACM last year, and now she is in junior high. Her time at ACM gave her a solid foundation, taught her how to balance her life both academically and socially, and prepared her for many future successes. As a parent, I have poured my heart and soul into this school, and I have been rewarded tenfold. I can't imagine a better elementary school experience for my children.

Posted October 20, 2013
We moved from Frisco ISD to RISD because of the schools. After exhaustive research, I came across ACM and knew that was where I wanted our son to go to school. We looked for houses within the area and were lucky enough to find one just down the street! The school is amazing! The teachers are invested, the principal is invested, the PTA a group of committed, caring parents....I cannot say enough positive things about this school. We are blessed to have found ACM!!!!

Posted October 20, 2013
ACM is the best school a family could ask for! The teachers are ALL wonderful and so the kids and their parents! My sons loves everything about ACM. He's not had a teacher that he didn't absolutely love and that says more than anything. Not to mention we (parents and PTA) are more involved and know what's going on with our children's school than I feel most schools are. ACM deserves to win! Go FALCONS!

Arapaho Classical Magnet 4

Posted October 29, 2012
My son began kindergarten this year.The strengths of the school are its instructors, the district and the parental involvement. My son's kindergarten teacher communicates regularly through email, a portal website, and folders with information and activities. The workload is age appropriate and diverse, the student population is a true reflection of the community, and the staff is nurturing and caring. There is room for improvement, but most importantly the school welcomes parental input and supports their efforts/outside projects. The school has a real sense of community and it reflects in the older students assisting younger students before and after school, with reading and learning activities, and in other areas where they gain responsibility and caring.

Posted September 04, 2012
We love ACM! I have a 2nd grader and 4th grader and could not be more pleased with my experience with both girls. The teachers and staff are all great and very caring. We have even had a few of them come to my girls' soccer games on the weekends! That's commitment! The students are happy and the parental involvement is phenomenal. We are "magneted" in and could not be happier with our choice! The school is diverse and a good place to learn about tolerance and understanding of others that are different from you. The school was just awarded the Healthy Zone School award - the only school in Richardson to receive this honor.

Posted April 01, 2011
Wow! When I started here, this school was Arapaho Elementary School! My family moved here when I was in 1st grade. I had Mrs. Holmes for 1st grade & Ms. Neil (Now Mrs. Zimmerman) for 2nd grade. When I was in 3rd grade, we merged with Classical Magnet. I had had Mrs. Duffy, who came from CMS, for 3rd grade, and Mrs. Walley, who also came from CMS, for 4th grade. My family moved again after I finished 4th grade! There are only 5 teachers left at ACM that worked at the original Arapaho Elementary School: Mrs. Holmes, Mrs. Andrews, Mrs. Brown, Mrs. Dean, and Coach Jackson. I knew each and every one of them! I hope they still renember me. GREAT SCHOOL, GREAT STAFF! GO FALCONS!

Arapaho Classical Magnet 4

Posted September 25, 2010
Wonderful school with some amazing benefits. Our son has some extraordinary teachers but my son has also had some less than qualified teachers here.

Posted June 15, 2010
My daughter came to this school in fifth grade and was welcomed by the teachers and community in the school. She was able to be involved in many activities and felt right at home even though she transfered in. Her teachers were super: available when needed, good to her and challenging, and helped her get acquainted with her classmates. There were numerous programs to attend and open for the students and family. We especially enjoyed the Pumpkin carving with story characters and then the reading night that followed. It was fun and my daughter really enjoyed it. They also had a fitness night, school carnival, family reading night, I think this is an awesome school! I made the right choice sending my daughter here.

Arapaho Classical Magnet
1300 Cypress Drive, Richardson, TX  75080
Last modified Arapaho Classical Magnet is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arapaho Classical Magnet Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top