Richardson, TX
Students enrolled: 2,528

Posted November 27, 2011
I am the father of 3 girls who graduated in 1999 and twins in 2005. They all loved it and one went on to get her PhD and our twin daughters recently received their master degrees. I liked the diversity. I think more could have been done to encourage dialogue among the students on diversity.

Posted November 15, 2010
This is one of THE best Public High School in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex! The teachers care, they don't give up on the student, and they grade it fairly. I saw a huge increase in my son's mathematics skills in two months!

Posted August 23, 2009
I am currently a Junior at this school, and have loved it since Freshman year.

Posted August 01, 2008
Berkner is a large, very diverse school, where students receive a quality education and are exposed to students of many backgrounds and cultures.

Berkner High School 4

Posted July 28, 2005
Good academic program. Music program excel within the state. Many students receive scholarships to universities. Sports and drama are available as electives. Overall good school

Berkner High School 3

Posted May 12, 2005
I'm attending the school now and I would recommend attending Berkner if you want your child to be exposed diversity of cultures, religions and education. The exposure a young athlete can receive by football (won district championship this year), basketball (lasted to second round of playoffs, won district championship), tennis, volleyball, cheerleading, drill team, etc...is outstanding. If you're blessed enough, you'll receive a teacher that pushes you to the max, I have several and those are the best kind...the ones that want you to get past high school and beyond. The school actually pays for PRE-SATS when you're in the 10th and 11th grade to prepare you for SATs in twelfth grade. The counselors are extremely involved in fulfilling the desire of a student and what they want to accomplish after high school. Berkner is great for those who are expecting more and yearning for more.

Berkner High School 4

Posted January 10, 2005
I went to this school a few years ago. Overall I'd say it is a great school,with one a few flaws. My sophmore year I skipped 60 out of 80 days and they didnt contact my parents to inquire about this until the very end. At this time, we had some really great principals, an officer on duty in the building and a great lunchroom (had taco bell, subway and chik fil a in school! Caring teachers and was a good experience when I straightened up :o)

Berkner High School
1600 East Spring Valley Road, Richardson, TX  75081
Last modified Berkner High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berkner High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top