Dartmouth Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2014
Teachers are fantastic. New principal is in her 2nd year and disappointing. She is not responsive to parent emails or concerns. Several families have transferred schools after her less than stellar response to bullying situations in her first year. A good school but at risk of a downturn if leadership is not changed.

Posted March 16, 2014
My sons graduated from Berkner in 2013 and 2007. I was very happy with the teachers, extracurricular activities and especially the Fantastic Music/Band department. The learning and teaching that he received from the leaders in this school will benefit him for a lifetime. The Richardson School system is superior and I would recommend it highly.

Posted June 06, 2013
As a parent who has had children in this school consistently over the last 12 years, I have only wonderful things to say. Sure, there have been situations arise, but, without exception, the faculty and staff have gone above and beyond to respond and resolve any issues ever raised. I love this school and would reccommend it without hesitation to family & friends. The neighborhood is solid, filled with families who care. New principal is young, but seems to have brought a new energy with her. Some teachers are good. Some are GREAT!! Some have had huge impact on my children in extremely positive ways. We love Dartmouth!

Dartmouth Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2013
Don't put your children in this school if you can keep from it. Principal is not seasoned enough to be a principal. Lack of focus from many teachers who seem to be there just to draw a paycheck and nothing more. My child's teacher never seemed to know what was going on. Not much homework. Lots of STAARS pushing because they get $$.

Dartmouth Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2012
I have 4 children and none have been happy at dartmouth. My older 2 were lucky to get transferred to MST, but I am now homeschooling due to the extreme bullying problem there at Dartmouth. The new principal did make an effort to help my son, but it was just too little too late and the same thing occured with my daughter in kindergarten and first grade. The teachers look the other way and do nothing to help the bullied children. The school told me mine were the only children complaining of being bullied but many other parents have told me that is not true. I refuse to let my childrens' self esteem be further affected. The district refuses a transfer to Yale or another school. We are hoping to move out of the district after 35 years here in Richardson, simply because of the bullying problem at Dartmouth and the fact that my children would be stuck with these same verbally and physically abusive children though high school.

Posted May 11, 2012
New leadership at Dartmouth has really turned it around. We have had children at Dartmouth for a decade and have seen three Principals. Ms. Kirkpatrick has brought life and vibrancy to the programs and we are (almost) sorry to be done wit the elementary arena.

Dartmouth Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2011
the best teachers!great parents.Lack of involvment this year,due to parents not feeling welcome.Office staff is mean and bothered by everything.Not even nice to children!The teachers are micromanaged and never rewarded or praised for their hard work.Its all about state testing scores.Ihave been there 9 years and have never seen the principle interact with a child no laughing, no positivity.Very Sad.

Posted January 26, 2008
Dartmouth Elementary is a wonderful school. The teachers, principal, and staff love the students and work to make sure all students are successful. The PTA is also amazing. I am thrilled my children are able to attend such a wonderful school.

Dartmouth Elementary School 3

Posted October 26, 2007
My last child is close to being through this school. It has deteriorated since the new principal. Parent involvement is down and the quality of the teaching staff has also gone down. No longer are the volunteers welcomed with open arms. Most are now treated as a bother. The office staff is lazy, several times my child has not gotten messages left with them. The principal will avoid conflict at all costs and will do it with a smile on her face. I will be thrilled when we are out of here!

Posted August 01, 2007

Dartmouth Elementary School
417 Dartmouth Lane, Richardson, TX  75081
Last modified Dartmouth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dartmouth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top