Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teacher was way ahead on her planning. ( I volunteer often) She communicated well, answered questions quickly via email and kept us informed of any concerns. My child loved going to her class to learn. That has not always been the case.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teacher treated my child fairly and kind. Rules we're applied to every student. My child was recently diagnosed with ADHD. The teacher made subtle accommodations to help him succeed. The appropriate meeting were held toward the end of the year for his ADHD, but before then, the teachers and staff helped to rebuild his self esteem which in turn encouraged better behavior and confidence.

This is an Awesome school! Great, caring, passionate teachers that want to see the children succeed. Parents are welcoming and friendly. We transferred to this school after leaving a terrible experience at a local charter school. We could not be more pleased with the transition.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I joined the school's PTA so I could get to know the students my son is around, the teachers and staff. Through my involvement with them, I have learned that the staff is dedicated to promoting an exceptionally healthy environment for my son to thrive and be successful.

Dartmouth has been a great school! My son has been there for 3 years now and I would recommend it to anyone. I believe he is getting the academic (and emotional) support he needs to prepare him for a great future. The teachers and staff are very hard working and the principal has been wonderful. The PTA is very inclusive and also works hard to make the school and extracurricular events a success. I look forward to being involved with Dartmouth for many more years to come with my other children.

Horrible School. Principle doesn't handle bullying at all. She just sweeps it under the rug and pretends it doesn't exist! My children will be transferring after this school year to a better school. Not only do they allow students to bully but TEACHERS as well!

Teachers are fantastic. New principal is in her 2nd year and disappointing. She is not responsive to parent emails or concerns. Several families have transferred schools after her less than stellar response to bullying situations in her first year. A good school but at risk of a downturn if leadership is not changed.

My sons graduated from Berkner in 2013 and 2007. I was very happy with the teachers, extracurricular activities and especially the Fantastic Music/Band department. The learning and teaching that he received from the leaders in this school will benefit him for a lifetime. The Richardson School system is superior and I would recommend it highly.

As a parent who has had children in this school consistently over the last 12 years, I have only wonderful things to say. Sure, there have been situations arise, but, without exception, the faculty and staff have gone above and beyond to respond and resolve any issues ever raised. I love this school and would reccommend it without hesitation to family & friends. The neighborhood is solid, filled with families who care. New principal is young, but seems to have brought a new energy with her. Some teachers are good. Some are GREAT!! Some have had huge impact on my children in extremely positive ways. We love Dartmouth!

Don't put your children in this school if you can keep from it. Principal is not seasoned enough to be a principal. Lack of focus from many teachers who seem to be there just to draw a paycheck and nothing more. My child's teacher never seemed to know what was going on. Not much homework. Lots of STAARS pushing because they get $$.

Last modified Dartmouth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.