Richardson High School 1

Posted August 12, 2014
This is an okay school for academics. That's about the only positive I can give. If you have a son or daughter into athletics then don't even bother expecting to win. The athletes are terrible and the Coaches are even worse. It must be nice to collect a check but your athletes don't produce. The only successful athletic program is Girls track and field. Outside of that it's just going to be a waste. Don't even think of getting a scholarship cause these coaches do nothing to help the few who actually have athletic talent. Smh I moved my child to this school and I see what a waste it is. I had no idea RHS was the laughing stock school of athletics in RISD. We definitely will be transferring next school year.

Posted July 21, 2014
This school is such an amazing school that I just love to brag about! It has so many great activities, clubs, and classes to take part in! We have 9 magnets; Theater, Robotics, Visual Arts, Science, Health Science, Communications, Law, and Photography. We also have several dance activities like cheerleading, drill team (Eaglettes), country western dance team (Desperados), and a hip hop dance team (Hypematic). We have many AP classes you can take for college credit too. We have an organization called avid that you're in all through high school that teaches organization skills and prepares you for college! We also have an after school program called SOAR for kids to be apart of. We have an extremely talented choir program that got the highest marks this last year at UIL for all 6 choirs that we brought. We also have a talented band and orchestra program including a marching band. We have a programming team that goes and competes each year and a lot of our student have learned to code at our school, which is a great skill to have! I go to school here and I'm in the 10th grade. All of my teachers have been really kind and helpfully, I truly love this school!

Richardson High School 1

Posted February 06, 2014
A good school, but not for special ed services or special ed support in regular ed classes.

Posted August 17, 2013
My daughter is a Junior this year and has been in the RISD since 4th grade. RHS has a music program second to none, she hopes to teach music after college. The curriculum is challenging and the course book reads like a university. I love the diversity of the kids, when I go to the school there are kids of all races together in groups, not separated. The kids benefit from this reality later in life. The counselors do a wonderful job of meeting with the kids and helping them plan courses relevant to their college plans and keeping them on track. The staff are very good at keeping up with the individual kids and quick to note behavior differences that could indicate problems of self esteem and/or emotional difficulties. I would compare her education to the private schools in the area, and some of the private school kids do come to RHS for the law magnate. Great school and wonderful staff.

Richardson High School 3

Posted January 29, 2013
I have seen the quality of teaching drop over the last couple of years. RHS does have its handful of wonderful, energetic teachers but it also has a newer group that doesn't return e-mails, passes the buck and doesn't appear to have the students' best interest at heart. If I hear, "talk to someone else, or I don't handle that" one more time, I think I will scream. Come on team, get on board!!

Posted May 24, 2011
Richardson High School is a fantastic place to send your kids. The teachers and staff are all extremely dedicated to each students success and the school provides an excellent environment in which to learn and excel. If you're in this district and sending your kid to private school you're wasting your money.

Posted October 17, 2010
My eldest daughter graduated from RHS and loved her academic experience at the school. Our younger daughter is now at RHS and totally loves the school. My daughters have been challenged academically and the multi-cultural population makes it a school that is preparing our children for the global real-life world. GO EAGLES!!

Richardson High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
Richardson High School serves as both a neighborhood school and the Magnet High School for the district providing a unique environment for exploration of interest within a classic high school setting. The RHS commitment to all students is displayed in its seven magnet programs, a re-emerging athletic program and award winning music and academic competition programs. All in a 100 year old Recognized school where 40+ languages are spoken within student homes.

Richardson High School 4

Posted September 13, 2010
My child entered Richardson HS after spending nine years and (my) many $$$ in private school. She has dyslexia and ADHD however, Richardson has done so so much for her..equal to or more than the private school....RHS is an OUTSTANDING SCHOOL.

Posted August 21, 2010
RHS has been very good for my children. They've been challenged in coursework, and they have enjoyed traditional high school activities. They have friends of all kinds. It prepared them well for the next step in their education.

Richardson High School
1250 West Belt Line Road, Richardson, TX  75080
Last modified Richardson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richardson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top