Posted April 03, 2014
This is more than a school, it is a family....I love the diversity - I love that my daughter goes to a school that reflects the changing demographics of the country she lives in - my older daughter graduated from Heights and goes to the local high school where she is in the top 1% - our Heights teachers and staff consistently rise to the challenge of teaching students who speak English as a second language and I would encourage anyone with any lingering racist tendencies to take a look at the quality of the bilingual classes' work and to consider the benefits of sending their child to a school that is representative of what their middle school, high school and adult lives will look like.

Posted October 17, 2013
My daughter has attended Richardson Heights Elementary for the past 5 years. Each of her teachers were excellent. She loves going to school and can't wait to share what she has learned at the end of the day. Because of the wonderful Heights staff, her elementary years have been filled with joy. I will miss Heights when she moves on to Middle School, but I know she is well prepared for her future. I really can't think of anything I would change about the school. Go Wildcats!!!

Richardson Heights Elementary School 4

Posted October 17, 2013
My school is a place where my child thrives. She has loved every one of her teachers and has had nothing but positive experiences for the last 3 years. The administrators work hard to make sure our children have everything that they need to be successful every day. The only thing that I would like to see is more parent involvement, but I know that the school staff is inviting and welcomes parents to help out in any way that they can.

Richardson Heights Elementary School 4

Posted October 17, 2013
This school is a well-kept secret in a neighborhood that is in the midst of a revitalization. With 8 years experience here, I can say that the family atmosphere is what makes it so outstanding. Teachers care for the children as if they were their own, spending time on extra enrichment opportunities for the students. The PTA is strong, supporting staff and school with extras not found elsewhere in the RISD, including Go van Gogh from the DMA and two gardens, once for growing vegetables by the Garden Club, and the other for studying various ecosystems, sketching, or just picnicking. The school offers cluster groups that prepare students for the magnet programs at West Jr. High. The office staff is friendly and efficient, parents are always welcome to volunteer (with proper background check), and the principal is loved by the staff, which is a good sign of a happy environment. Parking at drop-off and pick-up is tricky, due to the school's location at a busy intersection, but this can be avoided by parking on neighborhood streets and walking to the schoolyard. As a parent of three who have attended Heights, I recommend it.

Posted October 17, 2013
My daughter's school is Richardson Heights Elementary and it is a wonderful school. She has been there for 3 years and so far the school and the entire staff have been perfect. Everyone at the school is very friendly and even the principal is there every morning to greet every child that walk through the door. We could not have been more lucky by having such a great school in the neighborhood.

Posted October 17, 2013
This is our first year at Heights Elementary. We came from a school that was ranked highly on great schools and where I was a PTA President. Our family has had nothing but good experiences here and my boys love school. Their caring teachers are truly dedicated and I feel I'm welcome as well. I would caution parents who only look at rankings when deciding 1 school is better than another for all their children. For instance, one of my sons needs special school services and Heights is much better equipped to deal with that than our previous, higher ranked school. I am so happy we took a chance on Heights. We feel like it will provide an amazing foundation of education. I've ranked some areas less than 5 because we have not been there a whole year.

Posted August 26, 2013
Richardson Heights is a very good school. Two of my children have gone from K-6 here, and my third child is entering second grade. We made the choice to have our kids here. The teachers are caring, the parents are involved, the principal is strong. There is a nice diversity of neighborhood kids and kids bused in. There are many after school activities for kids to be involved in. The music teacher and librarian are particularly wonderful. The school is not too big, and the parents are welcoming and friendly. It has a great PTA! Very happy with RHE!

Richardson Heights Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2013
The building needs to be updated. A paint job would help; something! Everything is very old and looks nasty, especially the restrooms. Even the pictures on the wall are crooked, so right off you get a bad impression walking in. The front office staff is very rude and unhelpful with any questions. They appear frazzled all the time. For RISD's reputation, this is insulting.

Posted February 05, 2013
The staff is great. They really care about kids! It's really a family atmosphere at Heights.

Posted February 12, 2012
This is a friendly and family oriented school. The love and respect at the school is outstanding. The staff members at this school rally around the students when they are going through hard times and cheer them on during thier successes.

Richardson Heights Elementary School
101 North Floyd Road, Richardson, TX  75080
Last modified Richardson Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richardson Heights Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top