Bad
Good

Richardson North Junior High School 1

Posted March 31, 2016
At RNJH the policies that the administrators set are unfair and unjust, if I had a child I would not send my kid to this school.

Posted April 16, 2014
We have had a child at North for the past 3 years and one more coming up. North is a GREAT school in my opinion. The teachers are involved and interested in the educational progress of my kids. The kids are challenged to do their best and to excel in whatever class it may be. My kids have been involved with band, athletics and choir as well. Phillip Bates, the principal for the past 2 years is a very good communicator and leader. He has kept the expectations of the teachers high and I am not aware of any problems. The school is racially mixed between white, hispanic and black. This school is a huge asset to the neighborhood and feeds JJ Pearce High School.

Posted September 13, 2013
After having a bad experience and many problems in school with my son, I decided to move from Florida to Texas last year. Richardson North Junior High was a blessing in my son's life not only because of it's respectful student but also for all the teachers willing to help the students with their needs. I'm thankful for everything they have done for my son last year and for helping my kid with his grade which turned from Fs and Ds to As, Bs and Cs.

Posted March 24, 2010
richardson north is the bomb it is the best school ever. the teachers are great, they know what they are doing,and for any disagreements to come along well guess what what you are saying is not true! The teachers care alot about the students. UHH hello they did get their matsters degree.

Posted January 27, 2010
This school is really what every mom should what.

Posted August 01, 2008
My son had a great 2 years at North! The only disappointment was the Spanish teachers over the last 2 years. Other than that, we had fabulous teachers, and were pleased with the administration.

Richardson North Junior High School

Posted April 15, 2008
Comparing schools is a good thing to do. Just make sure you compare them with other schools like DISD. My son went from an excellent recognized DISD elementary to a Junior High with metal detectors, gangs, drugs, and from an honor's student who loved school to becoming distant and extremely depressed. He commented all the time 'Mom all I heard about was drugs and gangs.' We moved and now, after one year he has returned to being the child he was academically, socially, and emotionally. He loves North Junior High. I am certain there are other RISD schools that may be better but the in the surrounding Metroplex area, and even in North Dallas, there are far worse. I have enjoyed this year with my son's teachers they really seem to care, enjoy their work, and look out for the best interest of the children.

Posted February 14, 2008
I have loved everything that I've ever had to do with North Jr. High. The faculty is amazing. They are so quick to devote whatever time is needed to ensure the success of all of their kiddos. I can't wait for my youngest two to go there.

Richardson North Junior High School 2

Posted January 29, 2008
Safety of your daughter is of no concern for the administrative staff at RNJH. The teachers try to overcome the admin obstacle by doing their jobs very well. If the trend continues however, the good teachers will still flee every May. Resource department is very below average. They receive federal money for services they have no intention of giving your child. Parkhill is a much better option. Stay clear of RNJH. Our oldest was there 2006-2008. We have zero intentions of sending any of our other children here. A big disappointment.

Richardson North Junior High School 1

Posted October 22, 2006
My son is a special education student who was enrolled in 7th grade during the 2005/2006 school year. I would not recommend this school.

Richardson North Junior High School
1820 North Floyd Road, Richardson, TX  75080
Last modified Richardson North Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.