Bad
Good

I was a little hesitant with my daughter attending this school simply because I grew up in richardson but on the west side and went to canyon creek and had my heart set on her going there. However it takes lots of money to go there I soon realized. This school has been nothing short of amazing! The teachers are awesome so far. I helped on the board of the pta last year and wish I could've this year as they really need help. That is the one thing I have realized with this particular school they have a lack in parental support via the pta. So if anyone reading this needs something to do they have a million things they need help with and its not scary the women are great.

Terrace Elementary is a great school because it has great leaders to pave the road to the future for it's students. The administrative staff and teaching faculty are dedicated, caring, nurturing, and inventive. They take the time to get to know your children and do their best to individualize their education. Students and parents alike feel welcomed and loved. When you enroll your children at Terrace you're not just enrolling them in a school, you are also joining a family in which every member counts.

When my 3rd grade son comes home from school and I ask him about his day in class ,he always respond with a big smile and tells me ,it was great daddy. Clearly that's tells me his teacher never puts her students out of mine . When my boys got hit by a car coming from school ,Mrs T , call me and asks about my boys .Mrs T, is one of the best teachers at RISD. Mrs T , thank you very much for taking such great care of our child.. Aladdin &Rihab Zackaria

This school is terrific. Teachers desire and work for children to succeed, and are enthusiastic about including parents in the process. It's a great small neighborhood school atmosphere. The diversity is terrific.

Akin Elementary. My son has attended this school from 2nd grade through 5th grade and I can say they are the best years of his life. All the teachers are outstanding and the curriculum is engaging. Aikin supports an 'out of the box' thinking style and the teachers altered their teaching methods to fit the classes' needs. I felt that Aikin has helped him grow and become a stronger individual. I also believe that the faculty sets each and every student up for a successful life.

Very pleased with the educational vlaue our boys receive at Richardson Terrace Elementary. Staff has been first-class in making the community feel involved in the process.EXCELLENT!

I have had 2 kids go through k-6 at Terrace. My kids loved it and so do I. My children are sucessful due to the Teachers and Principals at Terrace. I do see some problems, but they are similar to other schools. Low parent involvement and lack of basic skills coming into the school. Not really the schools fault. Many times teachers are spending time with trying to correct basic discipline problems, when that should be handled at home. Unfortunately, if parents are unwilling to involve themselves in learning at home, how is ANY school going to fix that problem? We have to start at home.

My two sons are for 2011-2012 school year enrolled as first and third graders. I have been VERY IMPRESSED with the strong administration team, top-shelf teaching staff and the balance of the Richardson Terrace Team. My wife and I are both very active with the PTA here (AWESOME GROUP of folks!) and I regulary get to see student life via PTA, lunch weekly with my boys and reading in to their classes. Academically my guys are ON POINT! Feel very fortunate and blessed to be in a community as rich in ethnic diversity and culture as well as economics represented here. As a parent who enjoys the door of adventure to walk thru everyday of my life- this school fits right in with our family DNA. this time in the life of our family is SO MUCH FUN and Terrace is a part!

Terrace Elementary is a great school that serves all of it's students very well. We highly recommend Terrace because it focuses education efforts to make sure all of its students succeed.

Very great school but from my experience I have encountered some very impatient teachers. They are unable to handle children with behavioral issues so they call the parents multiple times a day concerning issues such as; running in the hallway, not staying in line, moving around in chair. Not fighting or being insubordinate, but a child that has ADHD. These are minor issues that teachers should learn to deal with while handling 7-8 year olds! On a lighter note the PTA is awesome, they are on top of things and help families throughout the year!

Last modified Richardson Terrace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.