Richardson, TX

Posted August 17, 2015
Terrace Elementary is a great school because it has great leaders to pave the road to the future for it's students. The administrative staff and teaching faculty are dedicated, caring, nurturing, and inventive. They take the time to get to know your children and do their best to individualize their education. Students and parents alike feel welcomed and loved. When you enroll your children at Terrace you're not just enrolling them in a school, you are also joining a family in which every member counts.

Posted January 28, 2015
When my 3rd grade son comes home from school and I ask him about his day in class ,he always respond with a big smile and tells me ,it was great daddy. Clearly that's tells me his teacher never puts her students out of mine . When my boys got hit by a car coming from school ,Mrs T , call me and asks about my boys .Mrs T, is one of the best teachers at RISD. Mrs T , thank you very much for taking such great care of our child.. Aladdin &Rihab Zackaria

Posted September 14, 2014
This school is terrific. Teachers desire and work for children to succeed, and are enthusiastic about including parents in the process. It's a great small neighborhood school atmosphere. The diversity is terrific.

Posted September 12, 2013
Akin Elementary. My son has attended this school from 2nd grade through 5th grade and I can say they are the best years of his life. All the teachers are outstanding and the curriculum is engaging. Aikin supports an 'out of the box' thinking style and the teachers altered their teaching methods to fit the classes' needs. I felt that Aikin has helped him grow and become a stronger individual. I also believe that the faculty sets each and every student up for a successful life.

Posted October 28, 2012
Very pleased with the educational vlaue our boys receive at Richardson Terrace Elementary. Staff has been first-class in making the community feel involved in the process.EXCELLENT!

Posted December 12, 2011
I have had 2 kids go through k-6 at Terrace. My kids loved it and so do I. My children are sucessful due to the Teachers and Principals at Terrace. I do see some problems, but they are similar to other schools. Low parent involvement and lack of basic skills coming into the school. Not really the schools fault. Many times teachers are spending time with trying to correct basic discipline problems, when that should be handled at home. Unfortunately, if parents are unwilling to involve themselves in learning at home, how is ANY school going to fix that problem? We have to start at home.

Posted September 22, 2011
My two sons are for 2011-2012 school year enrolled as first and third graders. I have been VERY IMPRESSED with the strong administration team, top-shelf teaching staff and the balance of the Richardson Terrace Team. My wife and I are both very active with the PTA here (AWESOME GROUP of folks!) and I regulary get to see student life via PTA, lunch weekly with my boys and reading in to their classes. Academically my guys are ON POINT! Feel very fortunate and blessed to be in a community as rich in ethnic diversity and culture as well as economics represented here. As a parent who enjoys the door of adventure to walk thru everyday of my life- this school fits right in with our family DNA. this time in the life of our family is SO MUCH FUN and Terrace is a part!

Posted September 22, 2011
Terrace Elementary is a great school that serves all of it's students very well. We highly recommend Terrace because it focuses education efforts to make sure all of its students succeed.

Richardson Terrace Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2011
Very great school but from my experience I have encountered some very impatient teachers. They are unable to handle children with behavioral issues so they call the parents multiple times a day concerning issues such as; running in the hallway, not staying in line, moving around in chair. Not fighting or being insubordinate, but a child that has ADHD. These are minor issues that teachers should learn to deal with while handling 7-8 year olds! On a lighter note the PTA is awesome, they are on top of things and help families throughout the year!

Posted September 13, 2010
This school is awesome. My son entered Kindergarten there last year and was having difficulties. The teacher, counselor, principal and everyone did everything they could to determine what the cause was. They are very proactive and want all of their students to succeed. Despite being an ethnic and cultural potpourri, they are rated Exemplary. No child would feel out of place in this school.

Richardson Terrace Elementary School
300 North Dorothy Drive, Richardson, TX  75081
Last modified Richardson Terrace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richardson Terrace Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top