Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

I value the system of responsibility and accountability they use when it comes to discipline. Every action does not require a visit to the principal's office. My son is adamant about the no bullying policy, of which, I am also a huge fan! I have never heard a teacher speak to my child in a harsh manner and I believe that teaches respect and shows students how they should talk to others. I teach my son values at home, but when I talk to him about school he feels he is being treated fair and equal in school.

I believe Richland Elementary is a great place for children to learn and grow! My child is a student of this school and has been since Kindergarten. I can not for the life of me understand why nor how this school could receive such a low rating. To any parents that are considering enrolling your children in this school, please do not let this site be the determining factor in your decision. This school is by far an 8 - 10! The PTA members have grown and the principal just received an award of excellence for this school! No way this school should be a 6! My son has loved each one of his teachers and he is on the shy side. I felt so relieved upon meeting each teacher each year because the excitement that he had for learning continues to grow and I am so appreciative! I gave this school a 4 star only because I do feel like they should give more homework. Please don't skip this school and check it out for yourself.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I feel like there could be more homework. My son has not brought home any homework so far

this school is the worse school, my kids ever attended. especially the the language art teacher she does not care about students future at all. when you ask her why kids doesn't have home work, she will tell you that she knows what she is doing and if you have problem,call the governor and report. I wanted to mention her name also but this time I will just say that she is very unprofessional.

This school is one of the BEST in RISD, earning "Met Standard" and ALL SIX AVAILABLE DISTINCTIONS this past year (2013-2014)! Only four RISD elementary schools accomplished this feat. The PTA is doing great things, giving parents opportunities to be involved, providing programs for students and families, and creating support for faculty. Thank you to the PTA for doing an excellent job! Way to go Richland Elementary. I'm so glad my children go to our neighborhood school.

I think richalnd is a wonderful school as a student in the fourth grade currently Richland is under construction so it's going to be bigger and better from a students point of view Richland is wonderful

I love this school and neighborhood. We have raised both of our kids here since birth, now ages 10 and 12. Over the years we have seen an amazing metamorphis in Richland Elementary... From recognized to exemplary with more involved parents and students from THIS neighborhood, teachers/staff/principal are amazing,excited, involved, and engaged. So sad we are going off to middle school.

Over 50% of the staff turned over after the 2012-13 year due to the management style of the administrators- including many of the teachers that had led the school to exemplary status.

I love this school. I had one child graduate from this school and one currently in this school. In my experience the communication between the parents and teachers were great. The teachers care and show concern about the children's progress.

Great teachers and students who want to learn.

Last modified Richland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.