Richardson, TX

Posted December 08, 2014
This school is one of the BEST in RISD, earning "Met Standard" and ALL SIX AVAILABLE DISTINCTIONS this past year (2013-2014)! Only four RISD elementary schools accomplished this feat. The PTA is doing great things, giving parents opportunities to be involved, providing programs for students and families, and creating support for faculty. Thank you to the PTA for doing an excellent job! Way to go Richland Elementary. I'm so glad my children go to our neighborhood school.

Posted May 17, 2014
I think richalnd is a wonderful school as a student in the fourth grade currently Richland is under construction so it's going to be bigger and better from a students point of view Richland is wonderful

Posted March 05, 2014
I love this school and neighborhood. We have raised both of our kids here since birth, now ages 10 and 12. Over the years we have seen an amazing metamorphis in Richland Elementary... From recognized to exemplary with more involved parents and students from THIS neighborhood, teachers/staff/principal are amazing,excited, involved, and engaged. So sad we are going off to middle school.

Richland Elementary School 2

Posted September 29, 2013
Over 50% of the staff turned over after the 2012-13 year due to the management style of the administrators- including many of the teachers that had led the school to exemplary status.

Posted April 01, 2013
I love this school. I had one child graduate from this school and one currently in this school. In my experience the communication between the parents and teachers were great. The teachers care and show concern about the children's progress.

Posted October 10, 2010
Great teachers and students who want to learn.

Richland Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2009
My family and I moved from Colleyville to Richardson last year and my oldest boy went to Richland Elementay a P-6 school. My child went from a Explentary school to a Recognized school, the difference definitely showed up in his report cards and his attitude towards school. His grades went down dramatically, I know teachers take a lot of heat, but it just seems that they did not really care and they did not have the time. Also, the school is very old and dirty needing many upgrades, I know this because I am an Architect. From talking to other parents and reading other reviews about the middle school he will be attending, my wife and I will be moving back to the Colleyville area and I will just drive the long distance, it's better than the alternative of having to put them back in that horrible school district.

Posted July 11, 2009
We have had an excellent experience with this school. The facilities are wonderful, and the staff and principal are great. We love the diversity and the community spirit of this area.

Richland Elementary School 2

Posted June 25, 2008
In spite of the efforts of some good teachers and administration, this school is pretty bad. It has been taken over by a very low class of people. Watching the way parents acted during various programs during the 2007-2008 school year, explained why the majority of kids there behave so poorly.

Posted March 03, 2004

Richland Elementary School
550 Park Bend Drive, Richardson, TX  75081
Last modified Richland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top