Bad
Good

This has been the best school I have had the opportunity to be involved with. The staff is excellent and is lead by caring administrators. They have done a great job preparing my sixth grader for junior high and my daughters love their teachers and are encouraged to strive for academic excellence.

Wonderful school. My 3 children have attended MST since 2005. The staff are loving and caring. The quality of education is top notch among RISD schools. The principal, Angela Vaughn, is attentive and keeps the school running smoothly. There is great PTA support also. Many teachers choose MST as the school for their own children. As a preschool administrator, I see the quality of education given and I am highly supportive of this excellent public school.

This is an absolutely wonderful school. I'm going to be in eighth grade this year and I went to MST k-4.... Once i got to my new school I realized how great MST was. I still miss just the up beat environment and the amazing teachers I wish I could go back to elementary school and I would defiantly choose MST as my school...I remember how when I would need help they wouldn't slow the whole class down but they would come and help me one on one... I highly suggest this school to parents

We could not be more pleased with MST. This was my daughters first year there as a Kindergartner and we were impressed with the curriculum and the talented teachers. The principal and vice principal are young and energetic and this has a tremendous effect on the children in a positive way. They want to go to school and participate. We can't wait to start first grade at MST!

My family and I could not be happier with MST. Principal Angela Vaughan is an excellent asset to the school and the district and truly cares for the kids and their education. My daughter is challenged and there is a clear emphasis on Science and Technology. We are a little concerned about the after hours program being discontinued next year, but we have every confidence that Ms. Vaughan will take care of us.

Before my son started kindergarten we toured the magnet schools in RISD and evaluated private schools. We toured MST with him, and he declared very firmly that he wanted to go to MST. We all picked up on the high energy level just being in the school for 1 hour. We have been thrilled with the enthusiasm for learning that we see from all the teachers, students and parents involved. There are frequent 'fairs' to attend apart from daily learning - science, book, spelling, etc. There is an after-hours program, but as one parent mentioned it is not child care. It is designed to be a supplement to education and is entirely elective. The discipline structure and feedback methods are effective. The kids are challenged and encouraged to do extra-curricular work for praise and recognition in school. We are VERY happy with this school.

MST is awesome! We've never felt more welcome and appreciated. The teachers and administrators are all wonderful and my children have learned so much here.

MST has a dynamic atmosphere. You can see that both students and teachers love it at MST! What a great place to learn.

My kids called it a fantastic school, and I thought so too. I wish I had been a student there while growing up. There is a happy safe feeling overall, the teachers smile a lot, and the principals knew how to have fun and keep respect from the students. It is so busy that the year goes by so quickly. We are homeschooling now, but if we decided to go back to a school I would like nothing else but MST for my kids.

This will be our 5th year at MST. We love it! The teachers are very nice and concerned about their students. I love the focus on Science in the class room. Unlike other schools in our area the Principals and staff run this school, not the parents.

Last modified Math/Science/Tech Magnet is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.