Posted September 26, 2014
My family's experience at Canyon Creek Christian Academy has been very positive. After reading some of the reviews, I have come to the conclusion that most of them do not reflect the environment that we are experiencing. The staff provides a genuine community environment with each student's educational success as a top priority. Here are a few areas that I think sets the school apart from other schools that we have attended: great communication between parents and staff, teachers work with each student on a personal level with a learning styles to increase success, the curriculum is outstanding, outstanding math department, and wonderful sports program.

Posted August 28, 2014
CCCA changed my son's life. His teachers pray for him and notice his needs. They really care about him and invest significant time and effort in him. He was socially awkward before, but now he is well-loved at school. He s tall for his age and has a learning disability, so he got picked on, but at CCCA he s loved for his personality. Also, here is a special ed program at CCCA that helps kids with learning disabilities become independent learners. An independent diagnostic agency tests the kids yearly. The results coming from CCCA are stunning. The staff at the agency asked the director of our program to bring her work to other schools. They say that CCCA s results are unique. Kids with truly challenging learning issues become free to learn. The program is called Discovery School (associated with the NILD - National Institute for Learning Development) and has separate tuition for their tailored curriculum that targets the individual students' deficiencies. It takes about 3-4 years for most students to become independent learners. My tearful thanks are offered to God and the way He uses the prayerful, loving staff and students at Canyon Creek.

Posted August 03, 2014
Last year, my child attended the K4 program at Canyon Creek Learning Center. We were so happy with the results that we have enrolled our child in their Kindergarten program. When touring & analyzing what the Learning Center had to offer, we learned it is fully accredited & has received an exemplary status from the accreditation licensing board. This was incredibly important as I wanted to know that the program met the highest standards. We have been able to get to know the teachers, all which at minimum have a bachelors degree. One thing I didn't anticipate last year was seeing how genuine & happy the teachers were. When dropping off in car line, the families are greeted in car line with smiles & morning well wishes.

Posted October 03, 2013
My child has attended CCCA for 4 years. We love the teachers and not just the primary teacher, but the Music, Art, PE and Spanish teachers as well. The curriculum seems to be very good. Our child is ahead of other children in our neighborhood. The really nice thing thing about our current teacher is how she teaches the children through fun and creative ways so that they don't even know they are learning something new. Grades are posted at least twice a week so that I can keep up with my child's progress and papers are sent home in weekly folders so that I can review any mistakes with my child. The early years are instrumental in laying the foundation for the rest of their life. Most importantly, I love that my child is in a loving and caring school where they are learning about God and the Bible. We are so blessed that our child is able to attend Canyon Creek Christian Academy!

Canyon Creek Christian Academy 3

Posted September 15, 2013
(Review 2/2) Some of my friend's at the school did have a tougher time with the curriculum, and the teacher's were very accommodating towards them. I couldn't tell you a single name of one of the teachers from my large public high school senior year, but I could tell you the names of every teacher I had from CCCA. Because the class size is so small, there was no feeling of competition or the need to out perform your peers. I was shocked by how much the kids at the larger high school obsessed over grades. The class size had its ups and downs too. I was friends with everyone in my grade, and their parents, and their siblings, etc. etc. I "played" lots of sports. It was a family environment, very close knit. If I ever needed a ride home because my mom was working late, I would have multiple offers to take me. But everyone knew everything about everyone too. And by that I mean EVERYTHING. When a random parent asks you about if your new boyfriend from another school is a christian it was a little... eerie. Good intentioned! But odd. They care. They really care and love their students. In summary, your kid won't get into Harvard but he will have friends and know the Bible pretty well.

Posted July 10, 2013
Having had two children go through CCCA, I can truly say that tit provided an excellent, well-rounded college prep education. Each teacher must be certified by the State of Texas and a Christian certification agency, who is also certified by the state. New teachers have 2 years in which to obtain both certifications. (Some teachers are certified by other states.) Neither son had any problems in college and did quite well. No, CCCA does not have as many AP classes as large public schools do, but they do offer smaller class size (15-20) in which each student can receive personal attention. Because of the small school size, students who would not even be considered for public school athletic teams can participate and even PLAY sports at Canyon Creek.. The SAT and ACT scores are usually higher than Plano's and Richardson's, as well as national and Texas scores. That is pretty impressive considering that every senior at Canyon Creek must take both of these college-admission tests, not just those students in AP/IB/honor classes or those bound for college. Loving, patient teachers who truly are called to minister to children changed my boys' lives in positive ways.

Posted July 10, 2013
During the application process we were welcomed with open arms. The staff has been so helpful and loving and has made our son feel so at home. We have been in Plano ISD for 11 years and in the last few months have already had more communication from the staff and administration at CCCA than all 11 years combined in PISD. If you want to actually have a relationship with your child's teachers, know the other parents, and have your children go to school somewhere that people actually care about their success, then you need to look at CCCA.

Posted July 03, 2013
We have been involved with CCCA for 6 years and have 2 children in the lower school. We love CCCA. We love the teachers, and the headmaster. There have been teachers that have left, but it has not changed the direction the school is heading. I have only witnessed positive change so far with the turnover. In all honesty, I love that my children are in a place that they are learning about Jesus. They come home everyday and teach me something new. Childhood is so critical/instrumental and lays the foundation for their teenage & adult years. We are blessed that CCCA is part of this journey.

Canyon Creek Christian Academy 4

Posted April 10, 2013
Concerning the preschool and elementary, CCCA is a first rate school. The elementary curriculum is definitely superior to other private schools that are much more expensive. My kids have been there 4 years and all the elementary school teachers are qualified and have lots of experience. They are getting a first rate curriculum and biblical education.

Canyon Creek Christian Academy 4

Posted February 20, 2013
I have been connected with Canyon Creek for eleven years now. While I know that no school is perfect and there are always areas to improve on, I LOVE the direction the school is going in now! There are great teachers who are extremely qualified, passionate about their subject matter and passionate about the students in school and out of school. In the past eleven years, I have not seen a collection of teachers seeking to propel CCCA forward and to a higher level of excellence as I see now. I love this school and know that any student that is in attendance is going to be taken care of, loved, and prepared for life beyond the walls of CCCA.

Canyon Creek Christian Academy
2800 Custer Pkwy, Richardson, TX  75080
Last modified Canyon Creek Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Canyon Creek Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top