PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted December 01, 2015
The headmaster, Mr. Miller truly cares about each student and family. The teachers enjoy teaching and it shows. The students are involved and happy to go to school. The students learn academics but they also go to Bible and have days when they give back to the community in varies ways. We love CCCA!

Posted November 02, 2015
My son has been attending this school for the past two years. He is in 1st grader now and he loves his teacher Mrs. Reedy. He has progress so much and I will try to let him in this school as long as I can afford.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 29, 2015
The lower Principal DeeDee Mims is amazing ! You can sense the passion for the students with her constant evaluation of current practices and programs. She cares about their safety , well-being and spiritual development.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 29, 2015
This school is ensuring that Christian values and morals are embedded in their curriculum and culture. They value individuality and promote leadership and I can see that my child is thriving in this environment which is amazing.

Posted October 29, 2015
Our family relocated back to Dallas in 2014 after being away in Chicago for 7 years. We moved to Plano, and were considering other similar Christian Private schools in the surrounding areas but decided upon Canyon Creek for our son who was entering kindergarten. I had my mom visit an open house because she is an educator and she was very pleased with the staff, school facility, technology advances, diversity, and advanced curriculum. Based on her positive feedback we visited the school during a trip to setup our relocation. The staff was so accomodating to us. We have been there since last year, now my son is in 1st grade and he just loves his school so much. He adores his teachers, nurse, principal and new found friends. We have a 3 year old daughter who will start there next year as well. There are lots of sibilings that attend the school together. I love the fact they are always seeking out the latest learning opportunties, and advancements. They allow parents to truly have a voice and see those recommendations get put into action. I recommend this school to anyone seeking solid Chrisitian Education for their children, where they are being challenged, and given confidence, and being cultivated to be great leaders.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 29, 2015
Age appropriate! Not too much to be overwhelming and not too little so as to not challenge and reinforce learning but a good balance.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted October 29, 2015
Students are encouraged to respect themselves, each other, families, staff, and the community at large. They are presented with opportunities to practice these skills by solving their own conflicts within reason, with support and encouragement from adults when appropriate. They're also provided with various volunteer opportunities to learn to be respectful involved citizens of our global community!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 29, 2015
I have stood beaming as family, friends, and neighbors complimented my eldest on his maturity and empathy, the youngest I'm proud to say is now following suit. When my son is asked where he learned to be such a caring and respectful young man he answers from my mom and teachers at Canyon Creek Christian Academy! Hearing that makes my heart burst with pride, we love our school family!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 29, 2015
One must lead by example and the administration here does exactly that; couldn't be happier with my decision to send my children to this school!

Posted October 29, 2015
Canyon Creek Christian Academy has been a huge blessing to our entire family! As a single mom with a background in education (teaching, counseling, and administration), I can confidently say this is a great school with exemplary leadership, faculty, and students! I am thrilled with the entire package of academic, social, emotional, & spiritual education that my children receive here and cannot praise the school enough. It truly is an extended family for all the students, families, and staff! I can confidently say that after being on staff at several private and public schools across the country and in DFW that Canyon Creek is Crème de la crème! I am a proud COUGAR Parent & encourage anyone that is even remotely curious to take a tour & you won't be disappointed. There is NO PLACE ELSE LIKE IT!

2800 Custer Pkwy, Richardson, TX  75080
Last modified Canyon Creek Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12