7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted July 06, 2016
The Alexander School recognizes and encourages the unique gifts of each student. The students are academically challenged in a safe and accepting environment. We only wish we had found them sooner!

Posted July 06, 2016
TAS provides a college prep environment in a nurturing environment. Small classes and interested teachers make a huge impact on student success.

Posted July 05, 2016
The Alexander School is AMAZING! Several family members have attended (brother, nephew, and now my son) and have all excelled!! This school considers the student's abilities and takes a personal approach to instruction. My son loves this school and his teachers! This is not a "one size fits all" school. I highly recommend The Alexander School!!!

Posted March 25, 2015
I was the Valedictorian of the 2014 graduating class. I currently attend The University of Texas at Austin where I was invited to join one of their honors programs. Like every school, you have to put in the effort to get results out of your time there. Teachers do not hand you answers on a silver platter, and whoever says that, well, should look at their grades and reflect. The school gave me a chance to be who I really was and am today without being looked at as completely odd. The teachers don't want you to fail. If they set me up for failure, how could I possibly be at the stage that I am at now? The teachers go out of their way to help you be a better student. I took AP Chemistry, and it took up a good amount of time, but putting in the amount of effort that I put in, I was able to achieve a successful grade. Also, math is not anywhere close to a subject that I am good at. The math teacher, however, helped me by taking the time out of her day to go over, step by step, every single problem. Additionally, the school catered to me by setting up a course over the summer that helped me review general math and algebra, which was clearly not my subject.

Posted June 17, 2014
Testimonials What Parents Say We truly feel that moving our son to Alexander was the best decision we ever made. Parents of 2013 Graduate Alexander made such a difference in our daughter s life, as well as ours. Her enthusiasm is such a thrill to see! She feels a bond with other kids and the faculty as well. Parents of 2012 Graduate I wanted you all to know how much I appreciate what Alexander has done for my son. I have seen so much in the way of maturity, better study habits, and the love of learning in him. Parents of 2010 Graduate We credit The Alexander School for our son s excellence in the classroom and his dramatic social growth as a person. Thank you for all you have done. You may have saved his life! Parents of 2010 Graduate

Posted June 17, 2014
What Students Say The Alexander School, to me, is a safe haven I am not afraid of people judging me. Everyone, and I mean everyone, at Alexander makes me feel beautiful inside and on the outside. I think The Alexander School is a fantastic school that offers students a great learning environment. I look forward to school on Mondays knowing it will be a stress-free week of learning. Alexander students honestly care about each other more than at any other school they make the school not only the best place to learn, they make it one of the most enjoyable places to be. I am attending the perfect school. I am finally happy. It s as if a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. The moment I walked in I knew The Alexander School was the place for me, I have turned my life around for the better, and for that, I have to thank my family at TAS. Alexander is not just a school; it s a home away from home, a place of comfort, and an amazing academic environment. The students and teachers show respect and compassion towards everyone this is a school I am proud to attend. For the first time, I can genuinely be excited to get up in the morning and go to school!"

Posted February 05, 2014
The Alexander School successfully serves many different types of students, with small classes and caring, dedicated teachers. Along with the strong core curriculum and fun elective classes, they teach self-reliance, acceptance and respect. Students enjoy attending the school, make friends that last a lifetime, and speak openly of their gratitude at a heart-warming graduation ceremony.

The Alexander School 1

Posted February 04, 2014
These are not educators they are mercenaries out to take money from struggling students and parents. They show no compassion for students and are unethical in their financial dealings. Stay away!

Posted August 29, 2007
Small classes allow exceptional interaction with teacher and other students. Program teaches study skills and time management. Excelent college prep for students not working to capabilities.

The Alexander School