Posted September 10, 2014
We moved to this neighborhood because of Stinson Elementary's high academic ratings. Never has it failed to meet our expectations. My husband & I work in higher education, and feel we have high expectations for our children's education. We also equally care about their social well being. The principle, VP, counselor, & teachers show such care for our children, but also challenge them to think, work hard, & grow in responsibility. There is a culture of high volunteerism by parents within the school which helps unite us as a community. The school's diversity gives my kids a beautiful global perspective. The PTA if full of people who work hard to provide incredible programs & opportunities for our children. We feel blessed to be a part of this school & community, and highly recommend it to others..

Posted September 05, 2014
I highly recommend this school! Our son started kindergarten and the very end of the school year, and the school really went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and to ensure that our son felt safe. The office staff is wonderful and friendly, and the two teachers we have had so far are both approachable, professional, knowledgeable and warm. This is a wonderful school!

Posted May 18, 2013
Awesome in every way. We moved here two years ago from Frisco and it is amazing how our children blossomed here. One of the best schools in DFW area.

Posted April 23, 2013
I am the shortest kindergarten teacher that worked here from 2008-2011. I miss my K team and wish to come back to join them someday. I wish to thank the parent who posted a compliment posted on April 9 (my birthday) about Kindergarten in 2007. I love Writer's Workshop too! =)

Posted April 23, 2013
All the teachers here are dedicated and passionate about their work. They demonstrate greate teamwork within their grade level, school, and work with parents to ensure students' successfulness.

Posted April 26, 2012
I had several parents recommend a teacher to me and I decided to take their advice and boy was that a wise decision. Mrs. Gibson is clearly a professional teacher! I love her gentle spirit yet tough love approach to teaching! I believe requesting her to shape the mind of my little one was a great choice as I think she set a great educational foundation for my child. Thank you Mrs. Gibson! You are graciously appreciated!

Posted February 25, 2012
Started here in 2nd grade and loved it! I had the best teacher (Sandra LupPlace) She is the best!

Stinson Elementary School 1

Posted October 23, 2011
Horrible experience. I always felt like an outsider even in the PTA. The 3rd grade teachers were not approachable and dismissed me when I wanted to discuss bullying. I feel that if I was a certain race I would have had a better relationship with the school and teachers. I don't know why my child's teacher would ask me how long I have been in this country. I was born here and my child and I do not have an accent. Ignorant much?

Stinson Elementary School 1

Posted September 07, 2011
This school refused to help my then first grader. The teacher treated me like a mutant and blamed any and all issues on me for having been divorced! I moved from Richardson into this school district and my son attended half of kindergarten and all of first grade there. I actually put him in Harmony Science Academy instead of making him suffer another year in this awful school! It's all well and good if your kid falls in their neat little box, but GOD FORBID you kid is gifted or has some sort of behavioral problem! My son was made to feel like a freak! Ms.Gibson sat him alone and didn't insist the other kids even show him common courtesy that all PEOPLE deserve! I was willing to think it was our situation until I moved to Harmony. My boy has absolutely no issues there, and I refuse to think much has changed with him as a person. The teachers just let him explore, invent, and USE his mind more instead of focusing on the exercise of conformity. GOOD RIDDENS!

Posted September 06, 2011
Coming from Dallas (DISD ARGHHH) I did not know what to expect from Stinson. My youngest daughter started here in 2nd grade and had a WONDERFUL teacher (Amanda Jackson) and she made our transition into this new district easier. My daughter is now in her 4th grade year here and has not skipped a beat! Her test scores have greatly improved and she has learned so much more. The school also offers a diverse community and we love that. I would recommend to any parent that is seeking out a better public school for their children to consider Stinson Elementary, I'm glad we did!

Stinson Elementary School
4201 Greenfield Drive, Richardson, TX  75082
Last modified Stinson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stinson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top