Bad
Good

Stinson has a very strong drive for excellence and continual improvement. The students feel this drive strongly, and it motivates them to do their best.

We moved to this neighborhood because of Stinson Elementary's high academic ratings. Never has it failed to meet our expectations. My husband & I work in higher education, and feel we have high expectations for our children's education. We also equally care about their social well being. The principle, VP, counselor, & teachers show such care for our children, but also challenge them to think, work hard, & grow in responsibility. There is a culture of high volunteerism by parents within the school which helps unite us as a community. The school's diversity gives my kids a beautiful global perspective. The PTA if full of people who work hard to provide incredible programs & opportunities for our children. We feel blessed to be a part of this school & community, and highly recommend it to others..

I highly recommend this school! Our son started kindergarten and the very end of the school year, and the school really went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and to ensure that our son felt safe. The office staff is wonderful and friendly, and the two teachers we have had so far are both approachable, professional, knowledgeable and warm. This is a wonderful school!

Awesome in every way. We moved here two years ago from Frisco and it is amazing how our children blossomed here. One of the best schools in DFW area.

I am the shortest kindergarten teacher that worked here from 2008-2011. I miss my K team and wish to come back to join them someday. I wish to thank the parent who posted a compliment posted on April 9 (my birthday) about Kindergarten in 2007. I love Writer's Workshop too! =)

All the teachers here are dedicated and passionate about their work. They demonstrate greate teamwork within their grade level, school, and work with parents to ensure students' successfulness.

I had several parents recommend a teacher to me and I decided to take their advice and boy was that a wise decision. Mrs. Gibson is clearly a professional teacher! I love her gentle spirit yet tough love approach to teaching! I believe requesting her to shape the mind of my little one was a great choice as I think she set a great educational foundation for my child. Thank you Mrs. Gibson! You are graciously appreciated!

Started here in 2nd grade and loved it! I had the best teacher (Sandra LupPlace) She is the best!

Horrible experience. I always felt like an outsider even in the PTA. The 3rd grade teachers were not approachable and dismissed me when I wanted to discuss bullying. I feel that if I was a certain race I would have had a better relationship with the school and teachers. I don't know why my child's teacher would ask me how long I have been in this country. I was born here and my child and I do not have an accent. Ignorant much?

This school refused to help my then first grader. The teacher treated me like a mutant and blamed any and all issues on me for having been divorced! I moved from Richardson into this school district and my son attended half of kindergarten and all of first grade there. I actually put him in Harmony Science Academy instead of making him suffer another year in this awful school! It's all well and good if your kid falls in their neat little box, but GOD FORBID you kid is gifted or has some sort of behavioral problem! My son was made to feel like a freak! Ms.Gibson sat him alone and didn't insist the other kids even show him common courtesy that all PEOPLE deserve! I was willing to think it was our situation until I moved to Harmony. My boy has absolutely no issues there, and I refuse to think much has changed with him as a person. The teachers just let him explore, invent, and USE his mind more instead of focusing on the exercise of conformity. GOOD RIDDENS!

Last modified Stinson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.