Bad
Good

My son is currently in 3rd grade and we started at Stinson after the holiday break in 1st grade. Everyone was very warm and inviting and right away my son felt like he fit in. All of the teachers have been great with my son and have all communicated very will with me. I have yet to meet a staff member who is not warm and inviting. I feel they all enjoy being educators and have the kids best interest at heart.

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

We had had a few bullying situations and they have been handled and resolved quickly and efficiently.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son comes home talking about all different types of people and courageous things they did. I think he is getting value based learning material and I like that.

Amount of homework: Neutral

I personally think that kids in elementary school should not have homework, I think they need time after school to be kids and play. That being said I don't think there is an unreasonable amount I just wish kids didn't have it at all this young.

Stinson has a very strong drive for excellence and continual improvement. The students feel this drive strongly, and it motivates them to do their best.

We moved to this neighborhood because of Stinson Elementary's high academic ratings. Never has it failed to meet our expectations. My husband & I work in higher education, and feel we have high expectations for our children's education. We also equally care about their social well being. The principle, VP, counselor, & teachers show such care for our children, but also challenge them to think, work hard, & grow in responsibility. There is a culture of high volunteerism by parents within the school which helps unite us as a community. The school's diversity gives my kids a beautiful global perspective. The PTA if full of people who work hard to provide incredible programs & opportunities for our children. We feel blessed to be a part of this school & community, and highly recommend it to others..

I highly recommend this school! Our son started kindergarten and the very end of the school year, and the school really went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and to ensure that our son felt safe. The office staff is wonderful and friendly, and the two teachers we have had so far are both approachable, professional, knowledgeable and warm. This is a wonderful school!

Awesome in every way. We moved here two years ago from Frisco and it is amazing how our children blossomed here. One of the best schools in DFW area.

I am the shortest kindergarten teacher that worked here from 2008-2011. I miss my K team and wish to come back to join them someday. I wish to thank the parent who posted a compliment posted on April 9 (my birthday) about Kindergarten in 2007. I love Writer's Workshop too! =)

All the teachers here are dedicated and passionate about their work. They demonstrate greate teamwork within their grade level, school, and work with parents to ensure students' successfulness.

Last modified Stinson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.