Richland Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 316 students

Posted August 13, 2014

How can I forget. I went to school 35 years ago in Richland. I had come from Mexico and learned my first words in English. I was terrified the first day at school,one spoke Spanish. My best friend was Debbie Woods. She brought lunch every day. She introduced me to bread, bologna, never knew they existed. Oh yeah, wonderful chocolate milk, I always wondered how the cow made it, I watched my mom milk the cow every morning. Every Friday I traded half my taco, she loved beans, and she would buy me a coke in a bottle and peanuts. We took the bus home everyday, we both lived in ranches, tho her parents owned theirs

Posted October 20, 2013

we love our school, they are very personable and seem very concerned about each and every childs well being as well as their education. my grandson was placed in transition classes and had to attend another school he was there from the middle of 1st to the end of 4th and every teacher still remembered him and always asked about him when I would have to go up to the school for something, now that he is back he feels very comfortable and it is like he never left. the principal seems very calm and patient with every student and seems to really enjoy his job.

Posted May 25, 2010

My daughter has attended for one year (Fifth Grade) and we both liked the school very much. All the teacher were excellent and challenged the students to achieve more and be responsible.It was a good experience for us both. Much parent partipcation in all school event. They had a great program for involving Fathers with the children in math.

Posted August 1, 2008

My children attended Richland Elementary for 3 years and loved it! Many of the teachers put in long hours. In today's classroom there is such a mix that teachers have to try to reach all the kids. As parents we need to recognize this and do our part at home and help out at school when we can.

Posted May 9, 2008

My husband and I are very happy with the teachers we've had. Our oldests teacher, this year, was very willing to do what she needed to in order to help us out. He is border line ADD and we are choosing not to medicate him and she was fine with that. Now its the end of the school year and we will miss the two great teachers and the staff that our kids have had this year.

Posted February 27, 2008

For the most part this school has a lack of willingness to teach and help children instead they would rather leave it up to the parents, my daughters teacher has only called me into a conference 3 times in the past to express her concerns and has not really offered any help other then to medicate my child which i will not do.

Posted January 3, 2008

We moved here this year from another school district. I was really concerned at first that my child was not being challenged enough and felt like we had made a huge mistake by moving. I emailed my sons teacher Mrs Fairman and voiced my concerns. To my suprise Mrs Fairman took a lot of time and sent me a detailed email outlining her teaching philosophy and the entire years curiculum. She has been very accomodating and always willing to help. The principal Mrs Peacock is very warm and friendly. We are very happy with this school

Posted December 27, 2007

I am very please with Richland Elementary. We were at Binion and had to move due to a boundary change 4 years ago. The teacher/staff support is very good in this school. I have now found out there is going to be another boundary change that will effect us, yet again. I am very upset and will NOT be sending my childeren to Binion. Mrs. Peacock is a wonderful principal and is very involved. I love this school and will continue to send my children here.

Posted August 6, 2007

My son attended this school for one year, and I am extremely glad we have moved. The teachers are sub-par. There was little to no school spirit or feeling of comradery. I can say that I did see a large percentage of parents come and participate in the class events when they did occur. The rating of 4 seems to equal the quality of school you can expect from this one.

Posted April 3, 2007

I have been happy with most all the teachers my child has gotten in the past but, scared about the upcoming years. I have considered transfers every year. I would not recommend this school to anyone. The rating of a '4' is suitable to what I have seen. Parent involvement is rare! Sure would be nice to see more parents involved.

Posted September 22, 2006

Richland Elementary keeps getting better each year that our current principal is there. The staff is more motivated than ever, and their enthusiasm is contagious. Their outside-the-box approach pushes my kids to think for themselves. Emphasis on personal responsibility and making good choices is in line with our parenting philosophy. Extracurricular activities are gradually increasing, including the in-school TV station where kids broadcast the Pledge of Allegiance, news, and weather into each classroom. It would be nice to have more parental involvement and interest.

Posted July 31, 2006

I think the school is great. I think that most of the parents are working class parents and there need to be a few more options for after school care for those that cannot afford daycare prices, like a YMCA or something.

Posted April 25, 2006

This school has a low level of parent involvement, high hispanic speaking parent/student ratio, very few extracurricular activities and low emphasis on them. The teachers and staff are very friendly and helpful, but overall the school is what I would consider low standard.

Posted February 24, 2006

Richland Elementary is not a school that is able to provide a caring nurturing enviroment for children. I think that hazing and bullying is not properly handled. The children are under a great deal of stress.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

53 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

53 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

51 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

50 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

47 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students89%

Limited English proficient (LEP)100%
Proficient in English84%
Non-migrant87%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

56 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

57 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

33 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

33 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

41 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

42 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

41 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students79%

Proficient in English83%
Non-migrant83%
Non-Gifted78%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

• JED CARLETON
Fax number
  • (817) 595-5110

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now