Bad
Good

How can I forget. I went to school 35 years ago in Richland. I had come from Mexico and learned my first words in English. I was terrified the first day at school,one spoke Spanish. My best friend was Debbie Woods. She brought lunch every day. She introduced me to bread, bologna, never knew they existed. Oh yeah, wonderful chocolate milk, I always wondered how the cow made it, I watched my mom milk the cow every morning. Every Friday I traded half my taco, she loved beans, and she would buy me a coke in a bottle and peanuts. We took the bus home everyday, we both lived in ranches, tho her parents owned theirs

we love our school, they are very personable and seem very concerned about each and every childs well being as well as their education. my grandson was placed in transition classes and had to attend another school he was there from the middle of 1st to the end of 4th and every teacher still remembered him and always asked about him when I would have to go up to the school for something, now that he is back he feels very comfortable and it is like he never left. the principal seems very calm and patient with every student and seems to really enjoy his job.

My daughter has attended for one year (Fifth Grade) and we both liked the school very much. All the teacher were excellent and challenged the students to achieve more and be responsible.It was a good experience for us both. Much parent partipcation in all school event. They had a great program for involving Fathers with the children in math.

My children attended Richland Elementary for 3 years and loved it! Many of the teachers put in long hours. In today's classroom there is such a mix that teachers have to try to reach all the kids. As parents we need to recognize this and do our part at home and help out at school when we can.

My husband and I are very happy with the teachers we've had. Our oldests teacher, this year, was very willing to do what she needed to in order to help us out. He is border line ADD and we are choosing not to medicate him and she was fine with that. Now its the end of the school year and we will miss the two great teachers and the staff that our kids have had this year.

For the most part this school has a lack of willingness to teach and help children instead they would rather leave it up to the parents, my daughters teacher has only called me into a conference 3 times in the past to express her concerns and has not really offered any help other then to medicate my child which i will not do.

We moved here this year from another school district. I was really concerned at first that my child was not being challenged enough and felt like we had made a huge mistake by moving. I emailed my sons teacher Mrs Fairman and voiced my concerns. To my suprise Mrs Fairman took a lot of time and sent me a detailed email outlining her teaching philosophy and the entire years curiculum. She has been very accomodating and always willing to help. The principal Mrs Peacock is very warm and friendly. We are very happy with this school

I am very please with Richland Elementary. We were at Binion and had to move due to a boundary change 4 years ago. The teacher/staff support is very good in this school. I have now found out there is going to be another boundary change that will effect us, yet again. I am very upset and will NOT be sending my childeren to Binion. Mrs. Peacock is a wonderful principal and is very involved. I love this school and will continue to send my children here.

My son attended this school for one year, and I am extremely glad we have moved. The teachers are sub-par. There was little to no school spirit or feeling of comradery. I can say that I did see a large percentage of parents come and participate in the class events when they did occur. The rating of 4 seems to equal the quality of school you can expect from this one.

I have been happy with most all the teachers my child has gotten in the past but, scared about the upcoming years. I have considered transfers every year. I would not recommend this school to anyone. The rating of a '4' is suitable to what I have seen. Parent involvement is rare! Sure would be nice to see more parents involved.

Last modified Richland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.