Posted May 30, 2014
My son is in Kinder here and my daughter is in 5th. I'm very impressed with this school. They are strict but that's a good thing. My son's teacher Mrs. Prothro is so sweet and patient with my son. He has never once complained about her. My 5th grader said that her teachers are strict but not mean. She has enjoyed this school year. The kids are well behaved and there is no bullying. Great school!!

Posted October 24, 2013
Irma Dru Hutchison is a great school for my kids. They are very attentive to their specific learning needs!

Posted October 01, 2013
Hutchison is an awesome school. Our previous Principal, Eric Nicholie was always involved, be it in the gym during morning meet or just plain and simple being 'visible'. His high standards always kept Hutchison on the top and I have a great feeling about both our new Principal Mr. Mendez and our Assistant Principal, Mrs..Maresh. We as parents are hoping for high standards and good discipline this year as well. GO HORNETS!!!!!!

Posted September 26, 2013
Great school, super teachers, my kids love their teachers, we meet The principal at the pta meeting, he really impressed both my and i, keep up the excellent work , and keeping our kids safe, a drug free school.

Irma Dru Hutchison Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2013
This is agreat school. The staff is doing an outstanding job. If at least 90% of parents get involve with their children school work, then it will continue to be an awesome school.

Irma Dru Hutchison Elementary School 2

Posted September 12, 2011
At first glance you my think this is a great school but as soon as you have any concern, or they do not like what you have to say you are made to feel as if you have no idea what your talking about. My daughter got a teacher whom she was not comfortable with and her feelings were completely disregarded. I had several meetings expressing how things were not getting better and i was told that the teacher had feelings too, that i needed to give the teacher the opportunity to improve. It has been 4 weeks of waiting for the teacher to "adjust" and my daughter is still stressed and upset every day. Her behavior and attitude toward school has become a negative one and the Principal Eric Nicholie, and Director of elementary education Laura Lyons seem to not care. I thought their main concern was suppose to be their students. I guess its just for show. Daniel & Melissa Cardenas

Posted October 26, 2010
Hutchison Elementary is an outstanding elementary school. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure all students are successful. The administrators take extra measures to inspire the students and reward them for good effort. You will not find a more diverse school with over 32 languages spoken. The majority of teachers are ESL and GT certified and teach according to each child's needs, even students with special needs. An exemplary school on all aspects!!!!!!

Irma Dru Hutchison Elementary School 0

Posted June 04, 2009
The administrators seem to be fair and tough. There is a lack in professional training among the staff. The school performs well on TAKS, but has no 'proven' track record for teaching a good foundation. Although the student population is diverse there is a lack of diversity training and good classroom management. School still displays some 'small town' ideals that have not proven to be effective when dealing with diversity.

Irma Dru Hutchison Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2009
Acedimically, this school is good. However, the teachers seem unhappy and the children are very stressed. There is an uneasiness that may come from this being a new school. If your child needs encouragement or a less stressful environment, Hutchison will probably not be a good fit. If your child is able to progress on their own, then they may learn a lot. Parental involvment is not big here or encouraged. Only 'members' on the PTA board are allowed at meetings and you have to push very hard if you want to voluteer. Most parents give up early on.

Posted September 26, 2008
Hutchison is certainly an exemplary school. We could not be any happier as parents and our daughter as a student! Steven & Isabel Sampson

Irma Dru Hutchison Elementary School
3602 Ransom Road, Richmond, TX  77469
Last modified Irma Dru Hutchison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Irma Dru Hutchison Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top