Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Great communication and interaction with teachers. My son loves his school. We love the educational atmosphere of Hubenak School.

I like this school but I have a bad experience with a lady receptionist.I asked her who was the attendance coordinator so I can email her regarding the days that my child will miss for a very important trip and she said "I am",and she gave me her business/school card with email address.I never got a reply back or a refusal.I was instead sent a letter that warned me of future absences and other state repercussions.She is never nice and pleasant .I thought she just had a bad day so I let it go.The other receptionist was very helpful though.

Be ware if your child has a learning disability, as a parent I had to pay $850 to independently test my child for dyslexia because this schools administration fought me on the issue. I even requested an ARD meeting and demanded a test for dyslexia be performed...to no surprise the results were skewed to ensure my son was not admitted into the 504 program. Consequently my son went through two more years of agony and bullying at this school due to lack of accommodations. Now I am in the process of hiring an attorney because my son is not the only child that has unfortunately had to endure this type of negligence. The school is run like a military, but if your child does not need accommodations and can test well, you will be fine. If they do not test well, the administration will only recommend retention without an effort to address underlying issues...or in my case, to get a letter from the pediatrician that my son has "attending issues" when they really have a learning disability. Please don't bother voicing your concerns to the school board because they so not return calls or return emails. I wish this was all a bad dream, because I love my home but hate the district zoning.

This is the first year at Hubenak for our 4th and 5th grader. We absolutely love it! The teachers go above and beyond to communicate any weaknesses and area of improvements for our children, as well as compliment their strengths. Wonderful PTA and the front office has always been courteous and considerate of our needs.

We are very please with the school and staff. Our daughter is happy and has learned so much in such a short time ,and her behavior has improved as well over all the school is great and the dedictated tteachers are wonderful .

My kids have been here since it opened in 09-10. I have plenty of experience with this school. The principal runs it like a military. IE: Students must walk down halls with arms crossed over their chest. If caught uncrossed teachers give color changes, take away husky bucks and/or recess, etc. Teacher turnaround is alarming. I've witnessed racial profiling against students and male teachers. Maybe 5-7 phenomenal teachers. The rest have no business teaching. Each time I've visit the school I've witnessed an authority figure yell at a student. I've got personal video to prove it. The front desk clerk (1 of 2) is mean. Today was the last straw when she yelled at my kinder in front of me & other moms/students for getting a name sticker from the desk ledge, which she has done since she could reach it at 2 yrs of age. When this happened the room went so quiet you could hear a pin drop. My daughter was shocked & embarrassed & this woman should be ashamed of herself for speaking to a child this way. Especially over something as trivial as a sticker. You'll know what I'm referring to if you ever visit the school. Talk with other parents. Don't rely on comments here.

My son is 3rd grader GT student. He really enjoy his school everyday and learn new things. His class class teacher Is so good . I like the principal and other office workers too. All they are so friendly and helpful. I also like the PTA guardian authority. It's a good neighborhood exemplary school with well behaved kids. My son always do well and get A/A+ marks. I appreciate and highly recommend this school. It's a humongous size elementary school with nice look.

This is a great school with great management. I am very proud of the school and the positive impact on the neighborhood.

This school is currently under investigation for injuries to children with disabilities. Please contact the Rosenberg Police department for public notification on these matters..

We moved to Texas from out of state so my daughter transferred over to Hubenak in December. So far the transition has been wonderful. It's safe to say I'm very happy with the school. The staff and teachers have been very helpful and friendly. My daughter loves her teacher and the students seem to be so polite and well behaved. (I pick up and drop off my daughter everyday and I occasionally join my daughter for lunch, so I get to observe the students.) I couldn't ask for ask for things to turn out better.

Last modified Joe Hubenak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.