Richmond, TX

Smith Elementary School 2

Posted September 17, 2013
School needs remodeling. Good teachers. School needs funds to help improve the school. Not the best school but not the worst.

Smith Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2010
My daughter was very excited to start school, she asked to start over and over. We sent her to pre-k at smith, and after her first day she said she did not want to go back. I had to fight her to get ready. my daughter is white, and very much the minority at Smith, I saw maybe 4 or 5 other white kids in the whole school while having lunch with her a hew times. She also said one of the teachers would yell alot, and I saw it in person, yelling in spanish to a bunch of the little kids. I have since moved schools, and she LOVES her new school, new teacher, it is a night and day difference between the schools, and I feel for any other kid suffering the same thing my daughter went through

Smith Elementary School 5

Posted December 27, 2007

Smith Elementary School 1

Posted November 30, 2005
On the second day of school,my 5 year old daughter's kendergarden teacher told my wife that someone came and checked our little girl out of school. Being new to the area, not knowing anyone, giving my wife the worst case cinerio, were thrown into a panic strickened state. The lady then stated that an 8 year old girl, who she believed to be her sister, which our daughter does not have, came into the classroom and took her. The teacher was unable to provide us with any information, no name, time, or anything written down. School administrators stated that ' it is not uncommon for students to check there sibiling out. No one knew where my daughter was for an hour. Turns out, the teacher put my daughter on the bus. The whole situation could have been avioded if the incompitent teacher would have told us that in the beginning.

Smith Elementary School
2014 Lamar Drive, Richmond, TX  77469
Last modified Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smith Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top