Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Very diverse campus in both students and staff. Staff and teachers are always very friendly and approachable. The principal in very innovative, creative, and compassionate. You can tell the staff love where they are and my children do too! The teachers work hard to ensure every child is successful and they communicate progress often along the way with the parents. I love this school and my kids do too!

The area neighborhoods are growing and the school is very overpopulated BUT the campus administrators have done an excellent job of setting guidelines, procedures and making sure everyone is safe and parents are well informed! Very diverse campus, both student and teachers...outperforming other schools in the area. I absolutely love this school!

My daughter has attended Williams since kindergarten and she is about to complete 5th grade. She has absolutely loved her years at this school as have we, her parents. After the zoning changed right before she was to start kindergarten she would have attended Dickinson in Greatwood. After then seeing the older building that was Williams I was quite unhappy. The phrase however is so true.....do not judge a book by it's cover. The dated outside does not reflect the latest and greatest technology on the inside. The teachers are outstanding, the environment is positive and supportive and they make learning fun. We are completely grateful for the superior quality education our daughter has received at this school.

Williams is an awesome school! It is very diverse...both in student population and teacher experience. Though it is an older school, it does not lack in technology or implementation of what is best for children. I have a first grader and I have been very happy with the Kindergarten teachers and now the first grade teachers. I love the "extras" that they do for the children. The administration is very easy to talk and personable. They handles issues in a timely fashion...fair and consistently and very flexible. If I had to forewarn anyone of a "problem" it would be that it sits off a main street and the traffic can get backed up, but that is no fault of the school. Completely out of their control. Other than that, if I had my choice of schools it would be Williams again and again!

My kids have attended the school for 3 years and absolutely love it. The teachers are very respectful and loving. There are ample opportunities for parental involvement and I always feel welcome. Technology in the classroom is current and encourage. This is an excellent place for a child to learn. It is an older school and parking is a problem but most elementary schools have limited parking. The school overall would get a 5 out of 5 but the building needs a few updates. Something the school board should look into.

Unless there is a serious problem, most kids will say they like his/her teacher and friends. We moved to TX and ended up assigned to Williams. As the year as gone on, we have come to realize in depth the quality of environment. While the teachers we have met have been nice, keep in mind that nice does not equal an effective educator! There isn't enough space to fully detail the negatives, but here is an overview. The principal does not show true leadership, she comes in a little late, leaves early. It is difficult to get an accurate assessment of your child's progress; the teachers always say, "he/she is doing as expected." The work is inadequate, simply put.Parents CANNOT come to the school at any time, we have to set an appt that must be approved and stay only 30 min! Therefore limiting parent involvment. We have seen favortism with students bc some parents have the teachers as neighbors. To the date, three parents have switched elementary schools just this year (2012) bc of the lack of quality of the school. Parking is a major problem as WAS the lack of a traffic light in front of the school that was put up after several major accidents! We are moving!

Both of my kids have attended Williams. We've had a great experience. My kids were challenged and loved going to school. Excellent school with great teachers

Last modified Manford Williams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.