Manford Williams Elementary School 5

Posted January 21, 2014
Williams is an awesome school! It is very diverse...both in student population and teacher experience. Though it is an older school, it does not lack in technology or implementation of what is best for children. I have a first grader and I have been very happy with the Kindergarten teachers and now the first grade teachers. I love the "extras" that they do for the children. The administration is very easy to talk and personable. They handles issues in a timely fashion...fair and consistently and very flexible. If I had to forewarn anyone of a "problem" it would be that it sits off a main street and the traffic can get backed up, but that is no fault of the school. Completely out of their control. Other than that, if I had my choice of schools it would be Williams again and again!

Posted June 29, 2013
My kids have attended the school for 3 years and absolutely love it. The teachers are very respectful and loving. There are ample opportunities for parental involvement and I always feel welcome. Technology in the classroom is current and encourage. This is an excellent place for a child to learn. It is an older school and parking is a problem but most elementary schools have limited parking. The school overall would get a 5 out of 5 but the building needs a few updates. Something the school board should look into.

Manford Williams Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2012
Unless there is a serious problem, most kids will say they like his/her teacher and friends. We moved to TX and ended up assigned to Williams. As the year as gone on, we have come to realize in depth the quality of environment. While the teachers we have met have been nice, keep in mind that nice does not equal an effective educator! There isn't enough space to fully detail the negatives, but here is an overview. The principal does not show true leadership, she comes in a little late, leaves early. It is difficult to get an accurate assessment of your child's progress; the teachers always say, "he/she is doing as expected." The work is inadequate, simply put.Parents CANNOT come to the school at any time, we have to set an appt that must be approved and stay only 30 min! Therefore limiting parent involvment. We have seen favortism with students bc some parents have the teachers as neighbors. To the date, three parents have switched elementary schools just this year (2012) bc of the lack of quality of the school. Parking is a major problem as WAS the lack of a traffic light in front of the school that was put up after several major accidents! We are moving!

Posted November 30, 2009

Manford Williams Elementary School 5

Posted October 24, 2006
Both of my kids have attended Williams. We've had a great experience. My kids were challenged and loved going to school. Excellent school with great teachers

Posted August 12, 2006
- a former student

Posted August 09, 2005

Manford Williams Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2005

Posted December 04, 2004
I have been happy with the education my son has been receiving at Williams. The work he's doing challenges him. My son likes his school and teachers. I like the ethnic diversity of this school as well.

Posted September 22, 2004
This school has good teacher quality,and good discipline. It just needs stronger leadership. Being too nice it's not all what is needed to succeed. If you go back 6 years, you could really tell that it had a good leadership.

Manford Williams Elementary School
5111 FM 762 Road, Richmond, TX  77469
Last modified Manford Williams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manford Williams Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top