Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers we've experienced thus far are kind, consistent, caring, and easily recognize the students' abilities.

Amount of homework: Agree

There are times that the homework seems a bit too much but other times that it's just right. However, I know some other students that struggle with what my child find easy and then vise versa. So overall, I think it's a good balance and helps the students practice and comprehend what they need to learn.

We relocated from out of state and found a great home in River's Edge. We had our children in private school prior to this and insisted we stay in private school. After a year of the ridiculous commuting time and feeling the private environment wasn't as great as we expected, we switched to public, Austin Elementary. I was quite nervous as the curb appeal of the school doesn't give a "wow" factor. HOWEVER, as soon as we walked in, I was "wowed" by the friendly office staff along with the tall, kind, and welcoming principal. Then we got a tour and I was very impressed with the library, curriculum, facility, nurse, and few teachers that we met that day. I have since loved the welcoming feel I get each time I go have lunch with my kids (about weekly), the teacher's genuine care of education and personal attention, the parent involvement, PTO, and extra activities/events they do.

Austin Elementary is a school above the rest... It is a school that takes pride in it's community that it serves. My daughter attended Austin from Kinder through 5th grade. Now that she is in 7th, she often says how much she misses her time at Austin. Thank you Austin for building such a strong foundation of learning with my most prized possessions~ my children.

Austin is a wonderful school. I have a child with autism attending here and they are incredibly good at recognizing his needs and meeting them. He has been at this school for 3 years now, and he thrives in this environment. They even have him in regular classes with typical children. The principal knows most of the students because he doesn't spend all day behind his desk. He is loved by teachers, students and parents alike, creating a warm atmosphere for learning.

austin is a great school.They are very involved with the kids.....

Great teachers, great staff! Wonderful learning environment!

I love the involvement of the teachers, faculty and parents. They also have a great HOST program to help students.

In all it's a wondeful school for the most part. It has a great HOST program for reading.

This is a great school !! The staff is very friendly, and caring, and each child is important to them.

Last modified Stephen F Austin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.