Bad
Good

I would rate this school lower by it won't allow me. I'm a former teacher at IMMS. I was run out by the principal and the HR department. They didn't state a reason but blamed me for the major failures of other staff and administration. They went as far as cutting my paycheck in half. This isd is a joke and they need to be investigated... Improper uses of grant monies to changing state test scores. The number of teachers run off there is close to 150 out of roughly 225 in three years. This ISD needs to be shut down!!

My son has gone to this school for 3 years now. We have had no problems until this year him being in the 2nd grade. His teacher has no clue how to teach. My son used to be a straight A student and now is getting C's and D's. The school or the teacher has not done anything about this. Very frustrating!

I am a single father with a son that is in Kinder. He seems to be happy but so far some of times there just haven't been the best. Im not going to down this school to much as I am a product of this school. I would agree with some of the other posts and say they do pick which students they are going to help and let the others just fade away. The school is growing and will be larger, and have more teachers once all the new money comes in. In five years it may be the best school in the area to send your child. But right now I would only have your child there if u have no other choice. My sons teacher forgets to send home is homework and then expects him to double up on the next night. HES 5 !!

My daughter is a Pre Kinder and she loves the school and teachers, I really dont care for the community but the schools are good better than the fort worth isd well that's my opinion.

This school district should be avoided! Find a better district for your children. There are some great teachers there until they are chased away by the way the district treats them!! They have an extremely high turn over rate!!

My so has been going to school here the last 2 yrs. I can't wait to get him into a better school district. The teachers seem to single out which kids they like and do not like and make it difficult for the ones they don't 'care' for. I have seen this in several classrooms not with my son but with children I care for I am child care provider. The office staff is never helpfull hey can never answer any questions no matter how simple they may be. The priciple is awfull she talks to parents like they are children and is completely disrespectful of parents and students alike. I tried to become an 'involved parent' as they say but was criticized for making any suggestions or attacked for making notice of things that need improvement. It honestly seems that parent involvement is discouraged. I am sincerely appalled

They have a great staff and really care about the kids.

I love this school! We have actually delayed moving because we feel so comfortable of our child going to this school, the principal and staff, teachers are all so caring, she had a awesome pre-K teacher Miss. Dufur, and a great kinder. Teacher Mrs. Gruber, i will definintely be staying where we are, I know my child is safe in the school!!

I love this school! I am a parent of a 1st grader and soon to have a son in Pre-k..My daugther has learned soo many things from a teacher whose 1st time teaching kindergarten at Castleberry Elem..She told her students that each and everyone of them was SMART..and my daughter knows it and shows it.My daugther's I.Q is highier than some students I know from F.W.I.S.D...I loved the fact that they worked one on one with the students that go there..The school is very understanding and are always there to help you when it comes to their students..I'm very pleased to see the outcome they provied for my daughter! I can't wait to see what wonders they'll do for my son in Pre-k!

I became an active parent in 2002 when my child was in third grade. It was difficult for me to speak my mind then and I regret it. I knew something was terribly wrong with the whole district. The school blames the parents and kids for how bad the place is, but there are other schools in Texas that are just a poor and they can still teach the kids.

Last modified Castleberry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.