Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

No communications and do not follow Individualized Education Program (IEP) for special needs children. Autistic child and another student were sent home on the wrong bus. Parents were not notified until 2 hours after the bus stop scheduled time. The school is understaffed and the Vice Principle is under qualified for the position.

We have moved this summer to get away from Tidwell. There were a couple of teachers who were bright spots in the year, but we have had more bad experiences than good. It started with the buses, where my child was subject to witnessing constant profanity and physical fighting (there were only middle school students on this bus). The school was overcrowded, and it seemed obvious the staff was overwhelmed. If you child was in band, it was expected you pay out of pocket for private lessons before or after school. Pre-AP classes were nearly the same as on-level. Communication was sub-par. The nurse would send students back to class unless there was blood or vomit, and sometimes vomit was ok. There were some very talented teachers at this school, but there were others who were not. A couple couldn't enter grades in the gradebook timely, and we would learn an assignment was missing weeks after the due date. a few times it would be my child's fault;more times it was not. My child's tablet didn't work (keyboard didn't work, didn't connect to wi-fi) for the majority of the school year, and very little was done about it due to budgets. We ended up buying a laptop. It seemed like the principals were too busy putting out fires to actually run the place. We are all relieved we have moved away. Best of luck to all!

There seems to be a real disconnect at this school with the teachers and communicating with parents and each other. Its quite surprising really at how bad communication is with a handful of teachers. Its interesting that despite having an assistant principal for each grade, they still cannot pull it together. Its frustrating at the best of times. But the young teachers do have a lot of time to take selfies and post them constantly on their class pages, despite the serious need for additional training on communication and professionalism. I get no where, and frankly, have given up. Even the school district couldnt care less, they returned a call four months after I had left a voicemail. I guess they set the example. As much as we pay in taxes up in North Fort Worth for this school system, you would think you woukd get what you pay for.

This school have help my kid because they help her through everything so you can say all that you want about the school but I think it is a great school and it has help my daughter with her problems

Please ignore the other comments below about Tidwell. I have now had all three of my children at Tidwell and couldn't be more happier. The teachers have always been considerate of my special needs student- especially the 6th grade teachers, reading being his favorite! Spending years at Granger Elementary and getting daily updates, it does take a little bit to get used to the communication procedures, but the teachers are teaching 100+ students as opposed to 20. All my kids and their friends are happy there- be positive. Remember when choosing a school most reviews are written by disgruntled parents looking for a voice, not a true picture of the school.

It is extremely disappointing knowing that my child hates the school that he attends (Tidwell). My child has been humiliated, belittled, and neglected by the unprofessional, childish so call teachers that are employed at Tidwell to the point that he has no desire to attend school. I feel that the teachers are only there to get a paycheck. I also feel like most of the staff that I have come in contact with put on a front as if they really care. I would not recommend anyone to even bring their dog or pet to attend this school.

My son has thrived at Tidwell. He has always been a good student; however, he struggled in adjusting to middle school as we moved into NISD. His teachers have shown dedication to helping him advance in his education. They have been there every step of the way with tutorials, parent communication, and encouragement. The coaching staff has done a great job of pushing my son to work hard and develop strong work ethic in class as well as extracurricular activities. He has been afforded the opportunity to participate in a top notch orchestra program. The Top Titans program encourages a well-rounded student with emphasis on academics, citizenship and community service. The principal has addressed our concerns promptly and with great consideration for our time and our son's best interests. The key to a great educational experience is a partnership with the school, child and parents. All three must be all in to make it work. Through Titan Dads, and other parent involvement opportunities this has been one of the best middle school experiences imaginable. I highly recommend TMS! Go, Titans.

This school sucks! The teachers suck and VERY greedy for their checks! The lack of communication is HORRIFIC! If you're moving into the area DON'T JUST DON'T! My son has been bullied as well as my daughter! They didn't do a thing about it!

This school is horrible, terrible, and just plain out bad. If you want your child to be harassed daily by other students, this is a perfect school. I'm looking for another school now.

Recently my son was harmed in a pepper spray accident at this school. He was denied any immidiate help, and like his other peers had to suffer with irritated throaghts for the remainder of the day. I want not informed of this until he came home later that day. If you don't care about your child's education then by all means send them here, but if you care about your kid this is the last place for them to be. The principal at this school doesn't know how to take action. She cares more about silent lunch than a child's safety. I will pray for your children if they are unfortunate enough to attend this school. I wish I could give this school a -1 star rating.

Last modified John M Tidwell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.