Roanoke, TX

Posted September 03, 2014
This school sucks! The teachers suck and VERY greedy for their checks! The lack of communication is HORRIFIC! If you're moving into the area DON'T JUST DON'T! My son has been bullied as well as my daughter! They didn't do a thing about it!

Posted August 05, 2014
This school is horrible, terrible, and just plain out bad. If you want your child to be harassed daily by other students, this is a perfect school. I'm looking for another school now.

Posted June 08, 2014
Recently my son was harmed in a pepper spray accident at this school. He was denied any immidiate help, and like his other peers had to suffer with irritated throaghts for the remainder of the day. I want not informed of this until he came home later that day. If you don't care about your child's education then by all means send them here, but if you care about your kid this is the last place for them to be. The principal at this school doesn't know how to take action. She cares more about silent lunch than a child's safety. I will pray for your children if they are unfortunate enough to attend this school. I wish I could give this school a -1 star rating.

Posted June 06, 2014
I would agree with the other comments parents have left. I am hoping administration takes notice and does something soon. The principal is an unprofessional and uninformed administrator who needs to be evaluated before being allowed to continue another year. The communication with some teacher's is lacking in a way that is beyond understanding. This school is one of 2 schools in NISD that is designated for SEAC students, yet the SEAC staff is always understaffed and never able to carry out the promises they make. Children aren't taught but instead handed grades so that the SEAC staff does not have to provide the education they are rightfully afforded. I know that other middle schools in this district are much more competent so there is no reason why this one is as bad as it is. There are a few shining stars at that school and I really hope that they do not choose to leave due to the lack of professionalism shown by other teachers and administration. NISD, you need to do your due diligence and start looking into this school before your ranking goes from a 9 to a 1 on this website!

Posted May 05, 2014
My child is a straight A student and feels like this school is not challenging enough compared to her old elementary school. That is dissapointing and unacceptable. If an elementary school (that was in an entirely different district) is more challenging to a student than a middle school that is in one of the best districts in the state then there is something fundamentally wrong within the structure of this school. The so-called "Pre-AP" classes don't enhance the education of the student (but at least they are more competent than the On-Level classes). Some teachers in high-school classes sit around on their phones for the majority of the class period, procrastinating (It's as if they're watching Netflix on their phones or have something extremely important to say via texting. If our students get in trouble for texting and have their phones taken away, the teachers should as well). As a parent, I'd like to think my taxes are going to good use, but I can see they're not, seeing as how the school is so cheap (but if I wasn't a parent I'd sincerely consider moving out of this area). Overall, this school should be given an even worse rating than I have the power to give it. Leave now.

Posted May 01, 2014
Tidwell IS NOT the school you want your child to attend. Both of my children have complained about their learning experiences at this particular NorthWest ISD school. I myself, feel that the communication level is ridiculous from the teachers. Also, the professionalism from the administrative department is absolutely embarrassing to know that my childern attend this school. The way that the disciplinary actions are implemented are also absurd. The Teachers at Tidwell acts as if they are students as well, some are immature and are incapable of displaying good leadership skill to the students. From what my childern come home and tell me about what is being discuss by the teachers is absolutely irrelevant to my kids education.... Seems as if all the teachers want is a check!!!

Posted April 21, 2014
The communication skills when it relates to the "parent-teacher" at Tidwell is HORRIBLE!!!!!!! Some of the teachers at this school are very UNPROFESSIONAL. Also, the administrative department could use a course in "how to do my job"!!!!!!!!!

John M Tidwell Middle School 2

Posted April 18, 2014
Teachers slack.Education lacks. Teachers will do anything to make their students look better versus teaching. The teachers give out hundreds. If you want a education and sports ,then Tidwell is for you. But if your not an athlete and you care more about the education,then Tidwell is not for you. Algebra is cool though. I hear Wilson and Medlin are better.

John M Tidwell Middle School 2

Posted April 18, 2014
I ve been at this school for the past 3 years. The hallways and bathrooms are kept really clean throughout the day. My favorite class at this school has to be Algebra 1. The teacher is amazing; his class is a fun environment but, a very educational one too. Last year every one of his students passed the end of course exam. If you aren t an athlete you have to work twice as hard academically. 100 s are practically given out like candy to athletes with a coach teacher. They mostly don t even turn in their work, but still make an A. There s a new principal this year. At first she was really involved but now I can t even recall the last time I saw participating. She hasn t changed much at this school besides the fact many fun things have been taken away this year. Do you see a connection? The food here is bad health and taste wise. That s why I ve been packing my lunch for the past 2 years. Most classes are taught by the teacher sitting down and the students copying notes off of the screen which is bad. The clubs here are very bad. The sponsors don t even care. If you have to go to this school DO NOT go in an on-level class since the teachers who teach these classes don t even care.

John M Tidwell Middle School 5

Posted October 29, 2013
Absolutely LOVE this school! Excellent teachers and the administration is very active and involved. Looking forward to two more years!

John M Tidwell Middle School
3937 Haslet-Roanoke Road, Roanoke, TX  76262
Last modified John M Tidwell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John M Tidwell Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top