Posted February 16, 2012
Love this staff and the school. Was looking for charter at the beginning but then we enrolled our son here. Now we are happy we didn't go with charter as the curriculum is on par with charter schools and the staff are professional.

Roanoke Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2011
We love this school. I am sure I would be frustrated if it were my child from the other parent review. TX in general is ahead of the game; esp NWISD. We have transferred to IND and my daughter schooling has gone backward I feel. My child was also in the dual language program. I had one child not. Both children were expected to complete & were driven to do homework, feel great about themselves (love roundup) promoted. THe children are ahead of the game and TX has science. You can not replace that. The staff always addressed me by name and cordial, helpful. Mrs. Merki was always out an about. We will miss her. Everyone HAPPY to see parents there and involved. Probably the biggest volunteer happy school I have ever been involved in. Enjoyed our xperiences...and miss them too.

Roanoke Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2010

Posted October 19, 2009
This school focuses on family involvment.

Roanoke Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2009
I will be moving out of this school distric soon. My son is not reading where he should be and their only response is to hold him back. He does not qualify for other 'services' available to other children because he has been tested and does not have a learning disability. So they will not help him in any way. I pay for tutors out of my own pocket and if he ever fails a TAKS test the decision to hold him back 'will be taken out of my hands.' This school has very caring teachers but the principal and district as a whole is only interested in their TEA rating. I would not give them ANY stars.

Posted January 15, 2009
I love this school. My daughter is in the new Dual Language Program and I can't say enough about her 2 teachers, Ms. Agularia and Ms. Webber. I have a talker and they have worked with me on ways to encourage her to do better and focus on her studies. Everyone at the school seems to be on target with where they want the kids to go and do. As far as 40 kids and two teachers, you have the right to remove your kids from this type of class if you so choose. I like the fact that they have classrooms for every type of learner. I love the fact that this school is forward thinking in starting the Dual language or combine classrooms. It only betters the child. According to research my child should speak, write, & understand Spanish and English by 5th grade. WOW!!!

Posted October 07, 2008
I am really pleased so far with Roanoke Elementary. The interaction between the PTA and the teachers that I've seen is definitely not what I expected after the school district I came from. Last week, the school received the Exemplary School Award and the celebration brought tears to my eyes. The children all received t-shirts funded by the Roanoke City Council or City Hall, can't remember which. The PTA had asked them for their help. The principal had them all close their eyes and put on the shirts as they were passed out - still keeping their eyes closed. Afterwards, the children opened their eyes and saw their shirts. The principal gave a speech to tell them how wonderful they each were and then a million balloons fell from the ceiling as the music 'Celebrate' started playing. The children were allowed to jump up and play with the balloons.

Posted September 30, 2008
My daughter was in Mrs. Buford's class in Kindergarton and I can't say enough about her! She was awesome with the kids and you can see the love she has for teaching. We transferred here from Okc. in January 07 and the whole school made my daughter feel welcome. The principal, the nurse and office personel introduced themselves to her the day we enrolled. I thought we were just blessed to have been put in Mrs. Buford's class but my daughter is now in 1st grade and Mrs. Maunsell is just as great! The teachers really focus on the kids and encourage them. The morning round-up is awesome and really gets the kids motivated. The school has a lot of field trips and makes learning fun for the kids. My daughter started 1st grade reading very well, counting to 100, doing addition and subtraction up to 10. Thanks for everything!

Posted February 20, 2008
I took my child out of this school and now have to pay for her elemantary education. If your child is having any problems at all the only answer they have at this school is hold them back. The priciple told me that not all children are college materal. We're talking about a second grader here! She is now in a great school and was on B honor roll last sem. The Principal makes all the difference and the one at this school just does not care at all!!!

Posted September 03, 2007

Roanoke Elementary School
1401 Lancelot Drive, Roanoke, TX  76262
Last modified Roanoke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roanoke Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top