Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 25, 2015
Ms. Terrell has been the best teacher we could have asked for. She made our transition from another school district flawless.

Posted November 25, 2015
I am the type of person who heavily researches anything and everything about my life prior to making decisions, schools are no exception. This is our first year at R.E.S. and so far we have loved it. The school is very technology driven, which is great for the day and age we are in. The classrooms have tablets that the children work with to create presentations, record what they've learned to share with the parents, etc. My daughter is in first grade and her teacher has been terrific. She's great at communicating openly with me about how well my daughter is doing, and areas where she needs a little extra work. My daughter has loved every bit of the school year so far. They have events that go on all the time. She loved performing in the Veteran's Day program. I can't wait to see the educational changes that will come our way as the year progresses. We love being a Ranger family!

Posted May 04, 2015
This is a great school! My son has been going there for two years now and he loves going to the school. The teachers are very nice, friendly and caring. The Principal, Mrs Kristi King has been wonderful!

Posted January 14, 2015
I couldn't imagine sending my child anywhere else. This is her 4th year here and we've always had the best experience.

Posted February 16, 2012
Love this staff and the school. Was looking for charter at the beginning but then we enrolled our son here. Now we are happy we didn't go with charter as the curriculum is on par with charter schools and the staff are professional.

Roanoke Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2011
We love this school. I am sure I would be frustrated if it were my child from the other parent review. TX in general is ahead of the game; esp NWISD. We have transferred to IND and my daughter schooling has gone backward I feel. My child was also in the dual language program. I had one child not. Both children were expected to complete & were driven to do homework, feel great about themselves (love roundup) promoted. THe children are ahead of the game and TX has science. You can not replace that. The staff always addressed me by name and cordial, helpful. Mrs. Merki was always out an about. We will miss her. Everyone HAPPY to see parents there and involved. Probably the biggest volunteer happy school I have ever been involved in. Enjoyed our xperiences...and miss them too.

Posted October 19, 2009
This school focuses on family involvment.

Roanoke Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2009
I will be moving out of this school distric soon. My son is not reading where he should be and their only response is to hold him back. He does not qualify for other 'services' available to other children because he has been tested and does not have a learning disability. So they will not help him in any way. I pay for tutors out of my own pocket and if he ever fails a TAKS test the decision to hold him back 'will be taken out of my hands.' This school has very caring teachers but the principal and district as a whole is only interested in their TEA rating. I would not give them ANY stars.

Posted January 15, 2009
I love this school. My daughter is in the new Dual Language Program and I can't say enough about her 2 teachers, Ms. Agularia and Ms. Webber. I have a talker and they have worked with me on ways to encourage her to do better and focus on her studies. Everyone at the school seems to be on target with where they want the kids to go and do. As far as 40 kids and two teachers, you have the right to remove your kids from this type of class if you so choose. I like the fact that they have classrooms for every type of learner. I love the fact that this school is forward thinking in starting the Dual language or combine classrooms. It only betters the child. According to research my child should speak, write, & understand Spanish and English by 5th grade. WOW!!!

Posted October 07, 2008
I am really pleased so far with Roanoke Elementary. The interaction between the PTA and the teachers that I've seen is definitely not what I expected after the school district I came from. Last week, the school received the Exemplary School Award and the celebration brought tears to my eyes. The children all received t-shirts funded by the Roanoke City Council or City Hall, can't remember which. The PTA had asked them for their help. The principal had them all close their eyes and put on the shirts as they were passed out - still keeping their eyes closed. Afterwards, the children opened their eyes and saw their shirts. The principal gave a speech to tell them how wonderful they each were and then a million balloons fell from the ceiling as the music 'Celebrate' started playing. The children were allowed to jump up and play with the balloons.

1401 Lancelot Drive, Roanoke, TX  76262
Last modified Roanoke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.