Bad
Good

My autistic adhd child has nothing but bad experiences from school. That is until he went to Rockdale Elementary. For the first time, he is making friends, getting good grades and is not being treated as an outcast. He walks in the doorand says "I had a wonderful day!" When he goes somewhere with us, kids say "Hey, Zack! See you at school tomorrow!" My child hated school (I dreaded the first day also." And now, He Loves School! That makes me tear up just typing it!!!! Thanks Rockdale Elementary for making a difference. The first day Zack joined 2nd grade, he began to get upset at his work. A boy in the class room encouraged him by saying "calm down buddy, you'll get it.....just take your time." Thanks to his patience and that child's parents, my son is no longer mad at his work

Getting involved does nothing in this community. My family has been very involved here. We have run a business here, donated time and money to the schools and many churches. We even have family members who have lived here their entire lives (they just aren't wealthy, in small town standards). All this has done nothing to keep the town "elites" from smiling to our faces and throwing knives at our backs. This community simply is not supportive of anyone outside of the select few. And if they decide you aren't one of them, they will run you down until you just can't take anymore, no matter what you do.

I would not send my children back to this school.The school doesnt take care of problems.they dont look for the best intrest of your child at all.So please trust me if your thinking about sending your child to this school think twice and if you do.You will see exactly what im talkng about.Im a parent and i wouldnt wish this on anyones child.

I believe we have a great school that is only getting better. With new leadership we are heading in the right direction. We have some excellent teachers that truly care about our children. Making our schools look better has helped the pride at Rockdale Elementary. I am proud of our schools and I know that with all of the hard work that is going on this year, that is will show. I support the teachers and the administration 100% in all that they do. Anyone that doesn't believe that we have great teachers and a school needs to visit or volunteer to see for themselves. You shouldn't criticize unless you are willing to volunteer and see for yourself the excellent things that are going on at your child's school.

Last modified Rockdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2