Posted May 13, 2013
All three of my kids attended Springer. The teachers have been great! They are always willing to help kids excel at any level. They go above and beyond to help before or after school if a child needs some extra help. They also have provided transportation to my children in 6th grade for math so they could attend math at the middle school. I don't know too many schools that would do that!

Ouida Springer 2

Posted October 23, 2010
Mr. Pitcher is great , but the teaching method at this school is not acceptable for the most part. Many of the teachers are young and inexperienced and the good ones are always out and have a substitute that is less than effective. I have found that this school offers about 1 really good teacher in each grade level. Good luck on getting the good teacher. The art and music teachers are great. I find that most of the teachers at this school are only interested in teaching the children how to pass the TAKS tests. I find that little is really taught other than that and as long as everybody makes a passing grade on the TAKS tests, it is playtime. Nevermind them actually learning anything. REALLY !

Posted December 12, 2008
Springer is a fantastic school. Although its test score are low in some areas, as was previously stated, it draws some of its students from one of the lowest income areas of Rockwall County. It also draws a large number of its students from one of the wealthiest areas of the county. This mix of students allows my children to receive an education in an environment that is both ethnically and economically diverse. I feel that social education is as important as the academics. With the exception of one experience the staff is fantastic. When we had a problem with a teacher, the principal was responsive to our requests and concerns and fixed the situation....I can honestly say, that the students are truly at the center of all decisions at Springer.

Ouida Springer 0

Posted September 15, 2008
Last year was our first year at Springer Elementary. We have had such a great experience with the teacher's and staff at Springer. The environment is relaxed yet motivational. I feel that the school's focus is on the children first, which is how it should be. We are very happy and glad to be part of the Springer family.

Posted August 01, 2008
I agree with previous comments concerning the rating of this school. The teachers that my son has had have been first rate.

Posted May 02, 2008
I agree with the other review--stats definitely do not tell the whole story! We attended Dobbs Elementary 1 year (it was rated 10 on this site) and it was awful. My kids definitely didn't receive that kind of education there. Springer, on the other hand, has a lower rating but is our favorite elementary we have attended (of 3). The principal knows the children by name, and greets me by name with a smile when I enter the school. The teachers are excellent--some of the best we have experienced. We have never had one bad experience at this school. It is very diverse ethnically and economically and does include students from one of the poorest/most at risk neighborhoods in the county. Perhaps that is what brings the scores down. But I give it a full 5 stars, because I couldn't be happier with our experience there.

Posted December 12, 2007
I have three children that have gone to this school ever since the school opened. ALL of the staff is exellent and know what they are teaching. There are some newer teachers, the teachers that have been teaching for years help the new ones out. The principal and vice principal are there to talk with the students and are wanting to get parents feed back. I have appriciated how the teachers keep up with parents about want is going on in the classroom/school. My children love this school and want to stay, unfortunatly we need to move and I'm worried about finding a school that matches up to Springer.

Ouida Springer 4

Posted August 20, 2007

Ouida Springer 4

Posted August 01, 2007
Statistics do not tell the whole story. This is a school in one of the most 'at risk' areas in Rockwall ISD. That very fact is what helps to drag the statistics down. This school employs the RISD Teacher of the year, so it's not for lack of ability or skills on the teacher's part.

Ouida Springer 3

Posted June 29, 2006
My grandchildren had to transfer to Springer from Dorris Jones due to boundaries being changed. We are still unhappy with the forced transfer. I feel that Springer still needs to do whatever it takes to bring up their test scores. Jones stil has better stats. It is disturbing to me that the children had to change to a school that is getting lower marks. Hopefully this will improve.

Ouida Springer
3025 Limestone Hill Lane, Rockwall, TX  75032
Last modified Ouida Springer is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ouida Springer Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top