Bad
Good

I've had two children attend this school, we moved here from Garland and can honestly say either RISD or this school in particular are at lower standards than GISD. The office staff and most of the teachers are very friendly, but academically I wonder how some of them even became teachers, and a few of them really need to retire as they seem too set in their ways. One of my daughters teachers told her she was wrong on a particular science project, when my daughter brought in the documentation to prove her data was correct the teacher said it didn't matter, and though she got an A it left my daughter dismayed. I've always had the feeling the kids were not being challenged enough compared to when they went to GISD, especially in the lower grades, my daughter very rarely has homework. Math has been a major concern, we know what her older siblings learned in GISD and my daughter would be far behind if we did not give her extra tutoring at home. We get the feeling the faculty mean well, but are not challenging the kids enough to prepare them for the future. I can say there have been improvements since the new principle came in 2012, but there's still a lot that needs to be done.

I have two children that attend this school. I know that the teachers and staff do what it takes to make sure that my child is safe at school and when they leave the school. Every teacher has built up their love for learning and had a positive influence on their lives even after they had completed their grade. We love our school!

The school also provides tutoring and 'success maker' sessions for those needing special attention in certain subjects. Every avenue has been provided for my child to succeed in the subjects she's struggling in.

Last modified Amanda Rochell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.