Amanda Rochell Elementary School 2

Posted October 20, 2013
I've had two children attend this school, we moved here from Garland and can honestly say either RISD or this school in particular are at lower standards than GISD. The office staff and most of the teachers are very friendly, but academically I wonder how some of them even became teachers, and a few of them really need to retire as they seem too set in their ways. One of my daughters teachers told her she was wrong on a particular science project, when my daughter brought in the documentation to prove her data was correct the teacher said it didn't matter, and though she got an A it left my daughter dismayed. I've always had the feeling the kids were not being challenged enough compared to when they went to GISD, especially in the lower grades, my daughter very rarely has homework. Math has been a major concern, we know what her older siblings learned in GISD and my daughter would be far behind if we did not give her extra tutoring at home. We get the feeling the faculty mean well, but are not challenging the kids enough to prepare them for the future. I can say there have been improvements since the new principle came in 2012, but there's still a lot that needs to be done.

Posted September 05, 2010
I have two children that attend this school. I know that the teachers and staff do what it takes to make sure that my child is safe at school and when they leave the school. Every teacher has built up their love for learning and had a positive influence on their lives even after they had completed their grade. We love our school!

Posted May 14, 2009

Amanda Rochell Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2008

Posted February 01, 2008
The school also provides tutoring and 'success maker' sessions for those needing special attention in certain subjects. Every avenue has been provided for my child to succeed in the subjects she's struggling in.

Amanda Rochell Elementary School 3

Posted August 08, 2006
My son has been attending school at Rochell since he was in kindergarten. He will be in the third grade this fall and has struggled academically. He failed on and off for a year and a half and no tutoring by a certified teacher was offered (I even requested). The school and the district as a whole has poor communuication with parents. Students are allowed to have averages in the 40's in math and are not given enough support. I am very disappointed in the leadership of this campus. I wish I could change schools.

Amanda Rochell Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2006
My son attended this school for K-2nd grade. Luckily he is a self-learner that does not need alot of 'extras'. He managed to survive, however not because of the teachers. This school lacks parent involvement and the staff does not 'welcome' you at the school. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 08, 2006
My daughter attends Rochell and we have loved it since day one. She is a third grader right now and to date all of her teachers have been wonderful! When she was struggling with reading she was tested to see what was wrong and they are the ones who discovered that she is dyslexic and they have put her into the classes that she needs to help her read. Because of all of the help that they have given to her she passed her reading TAKS test and only missed 2 on it. I reccomend Rochell fully and can't wait for my son to start there next year.

Amanda Rochell Elementary School 2

Posted June 30, 2005
My son attended Rochell during his 1st and 2nd grade years. His first year was a complete success as his teacher praised him and focsed on the positive. Second grade however was a nightmare. I received continuous notes home from the teacher asking me for suggestions and telling me she was at her wits end because my son was bored in her class and she didn't know what to do with him. He received bad conduct marks, low grades and begin thinking he was a failure. I learned that the teachers were telling my child he's likely to fail. The principal stated she's running the school in a 'prepatory manner'. I have been extremely disappointed with the leadership!

Posted May 13, 2005
We have traveled all over the world with our children, and never has another school been more supportive, respecting, and genuine. Educational standards are exemplery, and students receive a quality classroom atmosphere. Move to rockwall, if only so your kids can study at Rochell!

Amanda Rochell Elementary School
899 Rochell Court, Rockwall, TX  75032
Last modified Amanda Rochell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amanda Rochell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top