No rating

Heritage Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Rockwall

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $192,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,140.

Posted October 20, 2014

My transferred our child from public school to hca hoping to get a more satisfying experience with Christian values. We were very surprised with the treatment and u professionalism this school has put forth. I would not suggest you to transfer any child to this school. They do favor the children of workers and parents that volunteer all their time at the school. Some parents aren't able to be at the school all the time and children shouldn't be treated any different due to the parents schedule. I do not recommend Heritage Christian academy.

Posted May 10, 2014

Heritage Christian Academy has been one of the biggest blessings in my children's and families life's.

Posted June 25, 2013

Heritage Christian Academy has been an oasis-in-the-desert for my daughter. We enrolled her four years ago due to bullying in the public school. She has found many friends, found her niche in drama, and has blossomed in the last four years due to being in a safe and nurturing environment. The teachers are top-notch and care about the students. The academics are above public school and continue to go higher each year. The math and science initiative for the high school has certainly raised the bar in this area. The Christian atmosphere cannot be beat! The school strives to keep the costs low and it is a blessing. Whatever the cost, it is 100% worth every penny! I am glad my daughter has had a chance to make wonderful high school memories. This school is growing rapidly every year. The new high school/middle school building is beautiful and well-equipped. The elementary building will be remodeled/updated next. The headmaster is an amazing leader and all staff are excellent in their field. This is the best school within 100 mile radius in my opinion.

Posted February 7, 2013

I attend HCA and disagree with the user below. (doesn't even seem real since nobody left over Christmas break this year:) but that's besides the point) Heritage is a great school, and while the academics are worse than majority of public schools, the Christian environment is wonderful, and the students are nice for the most part.

Posted December 22, 2012

I was a student at HCA for four years and i left because i was bullied and i told the teachers but they didnt do anything for me.. I was blamed for things that i didnt do and They always belived the person that was bulling me and i have had enough of HCA... They also give more attention to the teachers kids and help them more then the other kids that dont have a parent working there

Posted October 25, 2012

My child was a student here for 4 years. I feel the academics are sub par. Also, the administration doesn't address bullying as aggressively as they should. Seems to be a separate set of rules/code of conduct for kids...showing favoritism to children of staff and those who are financially generous to the school.

Posted July 31, 2011

My son has attended HCA for 6 years! He is now entering 8th grade. Each year we have the same discussion of him staying at Heritage or enrolling in public school. Each year I get the same response which is: "I love HCA!" The many reasons are; small class rooms which allows your student to get some extra attention he or she may need. Unlike public school. Challenging and stimulating curriculum that follows Biblical values and supports Biblical truths,unlike public school. The opportunity to play every sport available, football,baseball,basketball and more. Unlike public school where you must meet a certain criteria to play. The best part about Heritage is knowing each morning I drop my child off at school that he will be encouraged to be the best he can be guided by Biblical truths and values! Looking forward to another year!

Posted July 28, 2011

I am a proud parent of a 6th grader at HCA, our family loves the school and we feel very blessed that she gets to attend such a great school!! She has loved going to school everyday since K-4, the staff is awesome, from the Head Master, to the Principals, to the the Teachers! There is a loving Christian environment that allows the students to grow both spiritually and academically. There are also many activities to choose from, sports, band, praise team, cheer, scream team and dance team!! I would recommend HCA to anyone looking for the BEST Christian Collage Preparatory education possible!

Posted July 27, 2011

I am a teacher at HCA and it has been the most rewarding job I have ever had. After leaving the public school system, I entered HCA with skepticism only to be delighted with the staff and students. HCA gives the staff encouragement, prayer and guidance. The students have the benefits of learning in a Christian environment from teachers who love their job. HCA educators do not teach the TAKS test every day, but are able to teach all the TEKS with all the learning styles of the students and at their pace. HCA is a loving, enriching environment that practices Christian values.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 20, 2011

Heritage Christian Academy is a blessing! This school focuses on a Christian education with an excellent academic program. The administration and staff are godly and love the Lord and the children. What a wonderful environment for our children!! Keep up the good work!

Posted May 5, 2011

Our plan was to have our children attend this school until they graduated. However, that is no longer the plan. The administration is more focused on money than the biblical education of their students. They support teachers who have misrepresented the truth even if it is documented in their own words. Although they have a functioning bus, parents are expected to transport all students on field trips. We recommend against enrolling your child into this school unless you are prepared for dishonesty from teachers without consequences from the administration.

Posted May 2, 2011

After meeting with the head master, we discussed in detail our expections and challenges with our son. We were assured the school could handle it. We were so excited to enroll our son in April 2010. That excited quickly became frustration after school started for the 2010-2011 Academic Year. The teacher hasn't been fully honest about events in the classroom nor about school policy. So far we have found 3 different incidents in which what the teacher said has come back as untrue. We teach our son to be honest yet the school promotes deception and untruthfulness. When speaking with the principal about these findings, she had no response. We submitted a formal letter and it has been almost 2 weeks without a response from the school. We HIGHLY discourage enrollment into this school as deception and money are their top priorities.

Posted November 2, 2010

I am a parent of 3 kids who are attending HCA for the first time this year. We have been thoroughly impressed at the quality of education (God-centered, yet well rounded and challenging), extra-curricular programs, and overall leadership of the school. I would recommend this school in a heartbeat to other parents.

Posted August 2, 2010

I am a 2010 graduate from HCA and I have been here for the past 14 years. I would not trade my time here for anything. As I go off to college I know that I am 100% prepared academically, athletically, and spiritually. My class of 15 students received a total of $1.2 million in scholarships and I will be attending college with almost a full ride in scholarships in academics and athletics as well. The teachers and administrators have been incredible spiritual mentors to me throughout the years. Because of them, I know I will go to college with a strong relationship with the Lord and a faith that cannot be shaken. Heritage will forever be my home.

Posted June 6, 2010

My daughter has been at HCA for the past two years. We love it and can't say enough good things about the headmaster and the teachers. The high school curriculum is challenging and we feel that our student will definitely be ready for college level studies after HCA. For a small school, there are quality activitities in every area - athletics, choir, drama, dance, cheer. There is a place for everyone to shine. We plan to stay until graduation day (especially after seeing how much scholarship money was offered to this year's graduating class).

Posted April 27, 2010

We have been at HCA for 8 years. Our plan was to have our kids graduate from there. Over the years the administration has lost its focus on how to run a good school. Unless things change with the Headmaster and some board members HCA will not be around much longer.

Posted January 18, 2009

HCA upgraded their math curriculum several years ago. They no longer use saxon math. As far as football, HCA seems to consistently be the team to beat in 6 man football. However, there are plenty of other activities to choose from such as: Drama, Choir, Praise Team, Band, Cheerleading, Dance Team, Flippers, Scream Team, Dazzlers, Art, Film Media, Photography, Yearbook, Basketball, Softball, Track and Mission HCA. Over the last few years the Board President has worked hard to upgrade the reputation of the Board of Directors. HCA is on the right track. I highly recommend this school to every Christian Family.

Posted November 25, 2008

Great environment for children. My kids look forward to go to school every morning. The teachers do an excellent job with the kids with every day activities in the classroom, field trips or special projects. In my opinion, the area that needs improvement is the physical building. Classrooms and green areas need to be added. Improvements have been done and the tuition continuous being fair which is a big accomplishment.

Posted August 22, 2008

Our child recently graduated from HCA and, along with 2 others, was accepted at Texas A&M University in College Station. I don't know how many other small (15 total graduates) Christian Schools could achieve such a record; all students who applied to college were accepted. In addition, over $350,000 in schoarships were offered to the graduates. What an impressive record for a school that charges about 2/3rd the tuition of other Christian Schools in the area.

Posted June 20, 2008

HCA is a warm and friendly place. My family was looking for a top-notch academic environment and the best in Christian education - not willing to sacrifice one over the other. We found both at Heritage Christian Academy.

Asian or Pacific Islander 1% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (972) 772-3770

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Video / Film production

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1408 South Goliad Street