PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 13, 2016
This school has taught my son to be extremely respectful. I get complemented for my son's manners at least 2 times a week.

Posted February 13, 2016
This school was a lifesaver for me and my 2 children. We have gone here since 2008, and it gets better and better each year!

Develops grit: Agree

Posted January 20, 2016
Students are not often given a pass from doing the hard work, but are adequately rewarded when they are determined to be focused and diligent.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted January 20, 2016
There are high expectations for students in this environment. As a parent, I appreciate this very much.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted January 20, 2016
As in any school environment, you are not just dealing with the personality of your student and his/her teacher- but personalities of all the other children/families involved… Sometimes this is differing from your now goals and values…but isn;t that real life? I say this to say, that thought compassion, caring, and empathy is a characteristic goal a school can hope to develop- these traits are most developed in the home.

Posted January 20, 2016
As a parent, I am grateful for the experiences my children have had while attending HCA. As a family, we have made great friends, and count our HCA family like a second church family. The teachers are invested in the students- they seek to help them grow academically as well as in character. They encourage them in their strengths, and strive to foster a love for learning. When our children have had challenges, academic or otherwise, the teachers have encouraged them to preserve, be purposeful, and to work toward a resolution in a Christian manner. There are many opportunities for students to be engaged in various ways; parental involvement is also plentiful and encouraged. The administration is easily approachable and seems to be willingly participating with the teaching staff to create the best environment possible. For us, HCA has been a true blessing.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted November 29, 2015
Do to no budget, they are not sent to any trainings to update their skills and teaching. Being a teacher myself, I was floored at the lack of progress and how obsolete their ideas and skills are. Many do not even hold a masters degree. The principal was an attorney, and has no business running a school...hence the reason it's so old, and yet so small.

Heritage Christian Academy 1

Posted November 29, 2015
Before sending my children here, I was sitting in Starbucks when two women sat near me and began gossiping and saying cruel things about their kids' school and teachers. The man near me gave me a look and we both giggled because they were such busy bodies. Then they said the name of the school, and I was floored! Due to a friend really liking the school, we decided to try it. It was such a horrible experience that we pulled our kids out after a few months and pit one in counseling for the bullying received for being the new kid. The parents were SO sweat to me until I left and they literally unfriended me on Facebook and one woman has continually acted like she doesn't know me at a Bible study we both attend! The staff and administration are an entirely unskilled, high ego group of people! The principal actually sat in front of the headmaster, my husband and I and shook his finger at me like I was a child because I was telling him his staff was not helping my child against the bullying! The teachers were unwilling to help when my child was struggling with the lesson. The English teacher said, "I have a long way to drive to get here and I don't have time to wait around to help any child. They either study harder or get the grade they get!" AND THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CHRISTIAN PEOPLE! Honestly, I think the people involved with this school are in their own bubble and unwilling to see the realities of their behavior. Don't waist the money! Dallas Christian Academy is much, much better!

Posted May 01, 2015
As a student at Heritage Christian Academy, I felt that I received the best education that was available. My parents sacrificed to give me a Christian, college-preparatory education and I have been grateful for it every day. There were ups and downs during my time at the school, but the teachers and staff always stuck through it with me. After graduating from HCA, I excelled and graduated from a major university, and I give a lot of the credit to how well I was prepared during my time at Heritage. This school became a second home to me, and I still have great relationships with fellow students, teachers and staff after I left. As a student that lived it, I would recommend checking it out if you are interested in private christian education.

Heritage Christian Academy 1

Posted April 26, 2015
Bullying is not addressed as physical and emotional bullying thrives while teachers choose to not address issues at the child's expense. A bullying prevention program is not in place and when students reach out for help their cries fall on deaf ears as their told not to "tattle." There is not enough hands on engaging activities in coordination with the abeka worksheets that are used.

1408 South Goliad Street, Rockwall, TX  75087
Last modified Heritage Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Heritage Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top