PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

HCA has been such a blessing. The staff and faculty have been amazing and truly care for the students and their well-being. With smaller class sizes, its easy for the student to get the help they need whether it is academically, socially or emotionally. Love this place.

This school was a lifesaver for me and my 2 children. We have gone here since 2008, and it gets better and better each year!

As a parent, I am grateful for the experiences my children have had while attending HCA. As a family, we have made great friends, and count our HCA family like a second church family. The teachers are invested in the students- they seek to help them grow academically as well as in character. They encourage them in their strengths, and strive to foster a love for learning. When our children have had challenges, academic or otherwise, the teachers have encouraged them to preserve, be purposeful, and to work toward a resolution in a Christian manner. There are many opportunities for students to be engaged in various ways; parental involvement is also plentiful and encouraged. The administration is easily approachable and seems to be willingly participating with the teaching staff to create the best environment possible. For us, HCA has been a true blessing.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Do to no budget, they are not sent to any trainings to update their skills and teaching. Being a teacher myself, I was floored at the lack of progress and how obsolete their ideas and skills are. Many do not even hold a masters degree. The principal was an attorney, and has no business running a school...hence the reason it's so old, and yet so small.

Before sending my children here, I was sitting in Starbucks when two women sat near me and began gossiping and saying cruel things about their kids' school and teachers. The man near me gave me a look and we both giggled because they were such busy bodies. Then they said the name of the school, and I was floored! Due to a friend really liking the school, we decided to try it. It was such a horrible experience that we pulled our kids out after a few months and pit one in counseling for the bullying received for being the new kid. The parents were SO sweat to me until I left and they literally unfriended me on Facebook and one woman has continually acted like she doesn't know me at a Bible study we both attend! The staff and administration are an entirely unskilled, high ego group of people! The principal actually sat in front of the headmaster, my husband and I and shook his finger at me like I was a child because I was telling him his staff was not helping my child against the bullying! The teachers were unwilling to help when my child was struggling with the lesson. The English teacher said, "I have a long way to drive to get here and I don't have time to wait around to help any child. They either study harder or get the grade they get!" AND THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CHRISTIAN PEOPLE! Honestly, I think the people involved with this school are in their own bubble and unwilling to see the realities of their behavior. Don't waist the money! Dallas Christian Academy is much, much better!

As a student at Heritage Christian Academy, I felt that I received the best education that was available. My parents sacrificed to give me a Christian, college-preparatory education and I have been grateful for it every day. There were ups and downs during my time at the school, but the teachers and staff always stuck through it with me. After graduating from HCA, I excelled and graduated from a major university, and I give a lot of the credit to how well I was prepared during my time at Heritage. This school became a second home to me, and I still have great relationships with fellow students, teachers and staff after I left. As a student that lived it, I would recommend checking it out if you are interested in private christian education.

Bullying is not addressed as physical and emotional bullying thrives while teachers choose to not address issues at the child's expense. A bullying prevention program is not in place and when students reach out for help their cries fall on deaf ears as their told not to "tattle." There is not enough hands on engaging activities in coordination with the abeka worksheets that are used.

This school does not follow Christian values not do they put kids first. I would not recommend this school to anyone. It a joke for a school that you pay good money for.

Very political and who you know type school. Very willing to overlook certain kids when it comes to drugs or alcohol . As a parent felt this would be taken care of but still seems to go on in the school. Just look at students social media and you can see.

Heritage Christian Academy has been one of the biggest blessings in my children's and families life's.

Last modified Heritage Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12