Bad
Good

Posted February 19, 2016
This school is a joke. If you're like me and have a child that does not naturally excel in school and want your child to actually learn something, then take your child somewhere else. Teachers will change grades to ensure they pass so the school gets their money from the government. My child miraculously received a 100 on an assignment when he wasn't even there. This school is setting our children up to be failures as adults! I don't want them to give me child grades, I want them to teach them and I believe my child needs to know, if you don't do the work you will not succeed in life! My son has actually told me his history test "re-do" consists of looking up the answers on his phone. Also, how can you turn in assignments 3 weeks late and still get a 100?! I write this after going on "Skyward" this morning and seeing all of my son's grades posted in his English class (the last day of the grading period) and he had a 64, only to return to the sight this afternoon to find out somehow that grade is now 75 and the test that he made a 60 on he now, somehow, made a 100! Even if he re-did the test, there is no way it should be a 100. This happens every report card. When our children grow up, there will never be a job they'll be able to keep by just showing. It is impossible to get my child to care about his grades when he knows he is going to pass no matter what he does or does not do! If you are not concerned if your child actually learns anything and only that he/she passes to the next grade, then this school is for you!

Posted December 17, 2014
Cain is a beautiful school architecturally. Most of the teachers we've had in the almost 3 years my children have been in attendance have been great educators. You will always run in to those lazy, just getting a paycheck educators, but they have done a pretty good job of keeping those to a minimum. The principals, counselors and office staff are top notch! However, a large majority of the student body are HORRIBLY cruel. I don't know if it's in the water here in Rockwall or if there is a deficiency in parental guidance. What is wrong with Cain is the students. They are down right mean and hateful!! If you have a sensitive child, please choose another public school or go private. Save your child the mental and emotional anguish they will suffer in this environment. Please pray for the students at Cain.

Posted April 17, 2014
I could not be more disappointed in this school then I have been lately. No communications with teachers. Detentions are issued out like milk at a dairy factory. Principles are worse. Counselors do not return phone calls....EVER and no one fixes the problem of bullying. And heaven forbid your child stand up for themselves. They get a worse punishment than the bullies. I am known as 'one of those parents' because I believe that a child should be able to go to school and not have to watch their backs or feel like they have to have a friends back walking down the hall. This is an upper class education we are supposed to be getting but instead, my hopes have been dwindled by every misstep that this administration is making. There is no excuse for the childish behaviors of some of the teachers. Homeschooling is looking very good at the moment.

Posted February 25, 2014
Horrible, the punishments go towards the victim. The teachers are bad and if you attempt to report it gets worse. Notice all good ratings are before the summer of 2010.

Posted November 05, 2013
This school is one of the worst schools I have had to deal with. My child has been bullied not only by students but by some of the teachers. If you report it, it only seems to make matters worse for the child. Unfortunately, this seems to be a common thread in Rockwall. There is a big emphasis on status.

Posted November 29, 2010
I have no problem stating that this school has not met the majority of my expectations. My impression is that it begins with poor leadership, lack of direction and little, if any accountability. I am also of the opinion that if a child does not fall into the top or bottom 10% of the student body, the child will receive almost no focused intervention from the staff. Impressed? Hardly! To save myself the frustration, I'll not elaborate on the way the school "handled" (More to the point... "mis-handled") a bullying situation in which my child was the victim. Needless to say, my experiences have left me wondering if the administration at this school has my child's best interests at heart, or their own.

Posted March 10, 2010
This school is great[:< I really recomend every kid to go there

Maurine Cain Middle School 4

Posted March 28, 2007
So far my 7th Grader has excelled in his classes - Bullies are a thing of the past its a zero tolerance school - Parents seem for the most part to want to participate in almost all activities. Teachers are very aware of all children & make sure they all have equal education.

Posted August 17, 2006
This is a great school with all the right tools for this critical time in a child's life...the transition to high school. Both my children excelled at Cain Middle School. The principal has a great organization, and the teachers are first rate - the truly care.

Posted August 15, 2006
The youngest of our seven children just completed Middle School at Cain. Being in the military, we have moved all over the USA. Cain is the best we have ever experienced. The school has top-notch leadership and motivated teachers. The facility is second-to-none and reflects the pride of the teachers and administrators. We were fortunate to have made friends of some top professionals in Rockwall before we moved there, and they were unanimous in their praise of Cain. I pass this on to any of you considering a move to the Rockwall area. Your kids deserve nothing less.

Maurine Cain Middle School
6620 Farm to Market Road 548, Rockwall, TX  75032
Last modified Maurine Cain Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.