Rockwall, TX

Posted December 17, 2014
Cain is a beautiful school architecturally. Most of the teachers we've had in the almost 3 years my children have been in attendance have been great educators. You will always run in to those lazy, just getting a paycheck educators, but they have done a pretty good job of keeping those to a minimum. The principals, counselors and office staff are top notch! However, a large majority of the student body are HORRIBLY cruel. I don't know if it's in the water here in Rockwall or if there is a deficiency in parental guidance. What is wrong with Cain is the students. They are down right mean and hateful!! If you have a sensitive child, please choose another public school or go private. Save your child the mental and emotional anguish they will suffer in this environment. Please pray for the students at Cain.

Posted April 17, 2014
I could not be more disappointed in this school then I have been lately. No communications with teachers. Detentions are issued out like milk at a dairy factory. Principles are worse. Counselors do not return phone calls....EVER and no one fixes the problem of bullying. And heaven forbid your child stand up for themselves. They get a worse punishment than the bullies. I am known as 'one of those parents' because I believe that a child should be able to go to school and not have to watch their backs or feel like they have to have a friends back walking down the hall. This is an upper class education we are supposed to be getting but instead, my hopes have been dwindled by every misstep that this administration is making. There is no excuse for the childish behaviors of some of the teachers. Homeschooling is looking very good at the moment.

Posted February 25, 2014
Horrible, the punishments go towards the victim. The teachers are bad and if you attempt to report it gets worse. Notice all good ratings are before the summer of 2010.

Posted November 05, 2013
This school is one of the worst schools I have had to deal with. My child has been bullied not only by students but by some of the teachers. If you report it, it only seems to make matters worse for the child. Unfortunately, this seems to be a common thread in Rockwall. There is a big emphasis on status.

Posted November 29, 2010
I have no problem stating that this school has not met the majority of my expectations. My impression is that it begins with poor leadership, lack of direction and little, if any accountability. I am also of the opinion that if a child does not fall into the top or bottom 10% of the student body, the child will receive almost no focused intervention from the staff. Impressed? Hardly! To save myself the frustration, I'll not elaborate on the way the school "handled" (More to the point... "mis-handled") a bullying situation in which my child was the victim. Needless to say, my experiences have left me wondering if the administration at this school has my child's best interests at heart, or their own.

Maurine Cain Middle School 5

Posted March 10, 2010
This school is great[:< I really recomend every kid to go there

Posted December 13, 2009

Maurine Cain Middle School 5

Posted April 30, 2009

Posted October 14, 2007

Maurine Cain Middle School 4

Posted March 28, 2007
So far my 7th Grader has excelled in his classes - Bullies are a thing of the past its a zero tolerance school - Parents seem for the most part to want to participate in almost all activities. Teachers are very aware of all children & make sure they all have equal education.

Maurine Cain Middle School
6620 Farm to Market Road 3097, Rockwall, TX  75032
Last modified Maurine Cain Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maurine Cain Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top