Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We loves Jones! They have lots of clubs and events throughout the year to involve your children in and the teachers care and are involved.

The teachers truly care about student success and progress. They work to meet student needs in all areas, not just the academics. Great school to attend!

We moved to Texas from Tennessee this year and were displaced to Jones in early September. This school has a new principal and assistant principal. What ever problems there were in the past are long gone. I was impressed. The guidance counselor was instrumental in easing the girls in. The principal and vice principal are fantastic at dealing with issues approximately and with a caring heart. My daughter's, in 3rd and 5th grades, were challenged academically and loved going to school every day!

So many changes this year- for the better! Great leadership both with Mrs. Twedell and Mrs. Reeves. This school will be going strong!!!!

I went to school there in 6th Grade. My worst Year ever. The Principals woudn't take care of anything. There were a lot of bullies during the Year, and the principals thought they were the Number 1 students. I am glad they got new principals. It might change now

We are new to this school, and are very happy with it so far. The teachers aare helpful, and seem organized. My children seem happy there. I am impressed with their extra activities they offer being they are an elementary school. The only negative is their office staff. Ive been called a few times so far for various reasons and when I return the call I have encountered the same unfriendly woman answering the phone everytime. She almost makes me feel like I am bothering her. Otherwise it is a good school and they seem like they really care about the kids!

As a parent who has two kids who recently were moved to this school I can say that while I think the teachers are trying I do not sense the leadership can perform given the situation (unsure if they know how to at the leadership level). I do not sense the teachers receive support and the school is unorganized (especially lunch room). There seems to be a general lack of engagement at the highest levels. I sense the parents are trying (some of them) but due to the student makeup (family background and primary language) I would not recommend this school. The vast majority of what I see is kids simply being dropped off wtih the hopes of a good education but many are forced multi lingual with their parents not taking an interest in trying to instill a more common family language. Many kids (from my time being there) also share a view that this is not a great place to be and I have been told of problems out of many students (discipline issue) which do not seem to be dealt with or are only dealt with using techniques which will not solve the issue. School also seems to send home more ads (advertisements for city businesses) than they do homework.

I have no complaints about Jones. I drop my kids off to get their education and so far its been a great ride...

As a parent who has been at Jones for over 2 years now. I have to say that the school is doing a magnificent job! As with anything there is always room for improvement. The principal and Asst. Principal are open minded to new suggestions and ideas and take care in being apart of all the students at Jones. As for the teachers, there are all kinds of personalities and they are all so different. But they have one thing in common.. they are all there to educate our children and do a superb job!

As a parent I feel: New principal is unorganized, biased. The school has lost several great teachers. Contimplating moving across town to a new school.

Last modified Dorris A Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.