Rosenberg, TX

Joe Hubenak Elementary School 4

Posted April 26, 2015
I like this school but I have a bad experience with a lady receptionist.I asked her who was the attendance coordinator so I can email her regarding the days that my child will miss for a very important trip and she said "I am",and she gave me her business/school card with email address.I never got a reply back or a refusal.I was instead sent a letter that warned me of future absences and other state repercussions.She is never nice and pleasant .I thought she just had a bad day so I let it go.The other receptionist was very helpful though.

Posted March 22, 2015
Be ware if your child has a learning disability, as a parent I had to pay $850 to independently test my child for dyslexia because this schools administration fought me on the issue. I even requested an ARD meeting and demanded a test for dyslexia be performed...to no surprise the results were skewed to ensure my son was not admitted into the 504 program. Consequently my son went through two more years of agony and bullying at this school due to lack of accommodations. Now I am in the process of hiring an attorney because my son is not the only child that has unfortunately had to endure this type of negligence. The school is run like a military, but if your child does not need accommodations and can test well, you will be fine. If they do not test well, the administration will only recommend retention without an effort to address underlying issues...or in my case, to get a letter from the pediatrician that my son has "attending issues" when they really have a learning disability. Please don't bother voicing your concerns to the school board because they so not return calls or return emails. I wish this was all a bad dream, because I love my home but hate the district zoning.

Posted March 16, 2015
This is the first year at Hubenak for our 4th and 5th grader. We absolutely love it! The teachers go above and beyond to communicate any weaknesses and area of improvements for our children, as well as compliment their strengths. Wonderful PTA and the front office has always been courteous and considerate of our needs.

Posted November 24, 2014
We are very please with the school and staff. Our daughter is happy and has learned so much in such a short time ,and her behavior has improved as well over all the school is great and the dedictated tteachers are wonderful .

Posted September 18, 2014
My kids have been here since it opened in 09-10. I have plenty of experience with this school. The principal runs it like a military. IE: Students must walk down halls with arms crossed over their chest. If caught uncrossed teachers give color changes, take away husky bucks and/or recess, etc. Teacher turnaround is alarming. I've witnessed racial profiling against students and male teachers. Maybe 5-7 phenomenal teachers. The rest have no business teaching. Each time I've visit the school I've witnessed an authority figure yell at a student. I've got personal video to prove it. The front desk clerk (1 of 2) is mean. Today was the last straw when she yelled at my kinder in front of me & other moms/students for getting a name sticker from the desk ledge, which she has done since she could reach it at 2 yrs of age. When this happened the room went so quiet you could hear a pin drop. My daughter was shocked & embarrassed & this woman should be ashamed of herself for speaking to a child this way. Especially over something as trivial as a sticker. You'll know what I'm referring to if you ever visit the school. Talk with other parents. Don't rely on comments here.
5 people found this helpful

Posted August 25, 2014
My son is 3rd grader GT student. He really enjoy his school everyday and learn new things. His class class teacher Is so good . I like the principal and other office workers too. All they are so friendly and helpful. I also like the PTA guardian authority. It's a good neighborhood exemplary school with well behaved kids. My son always do well and get A/A+ marks. I appreciate and highly recommend this school. It's a humongous size elementary school with nice look.

Posted April 29, 2014
This is a great school with great management. I am very proud of the school and the positive impact on the neighborhood.

Posted April 17, 2014
This school is currently under investigation for injuries to children with disabilities. Please contact the Rosenberg Police department for public notification on these matters..
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 13, 2014
We moved to Texas from out of state so my daughter transferred over to Hubenak in December. So far the transition has been wonderful. It's safe to say I'm very happy with the school. The staff and teachers have been very helpful and friendly. My daughter loves her teacher and the students seem to be so polite and well behaved. (I pick up and drop off my daughter everyday and I occasionally join my daughter for lunch, so I get to observe the students.) I couldn't ask for ask for things to turn out better.

Joe Hubenak Elementary School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
This is my daughter's first year at Hubenak and so far things are going well. The only complaint I have at this time is the attitude of the receptionist in the front office. She is not friendly. When I walked in the door and she looked at me I smiled and walked up to the counter and waited for about 1 minute before I was acknowledged and it wasn't from her...some nice lady came out of the office with the glass window and asked if I had been helped. I felt the receptionist could have atleast acknowledged my presence so I figured maybe she was having a bad day......the next 2 times I visited the school the same thing happened. I sat down and witnessed it happen to another visitor standing at the counter smiling waiting for some type of response. Again someone other than her was kind enough to ask if everbody had been helped in wbich we both said "No". I feel like she is a representitive of the staff at the school and her attitude should reflect as such but the impression she give is that she is not having a good day, don't like her job, and does not want to be bothered.
2 people found this helpful

Joe Hubenak Elementary School
3911 Avenue I, Rosenberg, TX  77471
Last modified Joe Hubenak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joe Hubenak Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top