Rosenberg, TX

Posted November 24, 2014
We are very please with the school and staff. Our daughter is happy and has learned so much in such a short time ,and her behavior has improved as well over all the school is great and the dedictated tteachers are wonderful .

Posted September 18, 2014
My kids have been here since it opened in 09-10. I have plenty of experience with this school. The principal runs it like a military. IE: Students must walk down halls with arms crossed over their chest. If caught uncrossed teachers give color changes, take away husky bucks and/or recess, etc. Teacher turnaround is alarming. I've witnessed racial profiling against students and male teachers. Maybe 5-7 phenomenal teachers. The rest have no business teaching. Each time I've visit the school I've witnessed an authority figure yell at a student. I've got personal video to prove it. The front desk clerk (1 of 2) is mean. Today was the last straw when she yelled at my kinder in front of me & other moms/students for getting a name sticker from the desk ledge, which she has done since she could reach it at 2 yrs of age. When this happened the room went so quiet you could hear a pin drop. My daughter was shocked & embarrassed & this woman should be ashamed of herself for speaking to a child this way. Especially over something as trivial as a sticker. You'll know what I'm referring to if you ever visit the school. Talk with other parents. Don't rely on comments here.

Posted August 25, 2014
My son is 3rd grader GT student. He really enjoy his school everyday and learn new things. His class class teacher Is so good . I like the principal and other office workers too. All they are so friendly and helpful. I also like the PTA guardian authority. It's a good neighborhood exemplary school with well behaved kids. My son always do well and get A/A+ marks. I appreciate and highly recommend this school. It's a humongous size elementary school with nice look.

Posted April 29, 2014
This is a great school with great management. I am very proud of the school and the positive impact on the neighborhood.

Posted April 17, 2014
This school is currently under investigation for injuries to children with disabilities. Please contact the Rosenberg Police department for public notification on these matters..

Posted February 13, 2014
We moved to Texas from out of state so my daughter transferred over to Hubenak in December. So far the transition has been wonderful. It's safe to say I'm very happy with the school. The staff and teachers have been very helpful and friendly. My daughter loves her teacher and the students seem to be so polite and well behaved. (I pick up and drop off my daughter everyday and I occasionally join my daughter for lunch, so I get to observe the students.) I couldn't ask for ask for things to turn out better.

Joe Hubenak Elementary School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
This is my daughter's first year at Hubenak and so far things are going well. The only complaint I have at this time is the attitude of the receptionist in the front office. She is not friendly. When I walked in the door and she looked at me I smiled and walked up to the counter and waited for about 1 minute before I was acknowledged and it wasn't from her...some nice lady came out of the office with the glass window and asked if I had been helped. I felt the receptionist could have atleast acknowledged my presence so I figured maybe she was having a bad day......the next 2 times I visited the school the same thing happened. I sat down and witnessed it happen to another visitor standing at the counter smiling waiting for some type of response. Again someone other than her was kind enough to ask if everbody had been helped in wbich we both said "No". I feel like she is a representitive of the staff at the school and her attitude should reflect as such but the impression she give is that she is not having a good day, don't like her job, and does not want to be bothered.

Posted March 27, 2013
Principal and assistant do not listen to parents. The teachers help students with TAKS test. They made my son stay longer and go over his work.

Joe Hubenak Elementary School 4

Posted March 09, 2012
This school is great! The principal is cruel and rude to the students, treats them like soldiers. There isn't any socializing allowed inside the building at all, not even breakfast or lunch. There aren't any skill activities allowed in the classrooms. My child is in 2nd grade and never has anything good to say about her day at school, though she gets great behavior charts and grades, she should be allowed a little excitement in her day.

Posted November 18, 2011
This school is located in Lakes of Bella Terra, and our daughter completed Kindergarten and is now in 1st grade. We are so pleased with her progress, and attribute that to the wonderful teachers who have rallied behind her and constantly encourage her to push forward. Her test scores have been excellent, and she consistently has a can do attitude when it comes to homework assignments. She's gaining a strong academic foundation at Hubenak.

Joe Hubenak Elementary School
3911 Avenue I, Rosenberg, TX  77471
Last modified Joe Hubenak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joe Hubenak Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top