Rosenberg, TX
Students enrolled: 1,527

Posted September 28, 2014
alot of bullys teacher look the other way dont let your kids go to this school they dont go by no child left behind iss makes student miss there classes

Posted February 06, 2012
We moved her in 2007 under the notion LCISD was one of the best school districts. After the rezoning, I was completely disappointed. The diversity of the school was completely disrupted. There is a vast difference @LCHS since rezoning. I cannot understand why funds are not spent on LCHS to improve the appearance inside/out as well as them having more student organizations. They had one of the best football teams and now there are hardly enough players to make a team. It is completely obvious where funds are being allocated. The AP/PAP te achers are awesome, if your child is in them; however, the regular classes have teachers that are migrating from 1-3 classes/day trying to teach, since alot of teachers went to GR and Reading Jr. High. It is almost embarassing to call LCHS a HS because of its appearance. A large majority of students attending GRH are zoned to LCHS. Alot of parents requested inner district transfers or they had nearby relatives/friends whose addresses they use. Students have no social clubs and need more organizations to give them something sociable to do. FUNDS ARE TERRIBLY NEEDED FOR MANY IMPROVEMENTS at this school. Why isn't the Superintendant concerned?

Posted February 08, 2011
the school has good academics, athletics, and music programs, but some of the teachers aren't that good. the administrators harass students over stuff that doesn't make sense, and many of the students constantly get in trouble. and some of the teachers don't care. the school is simply good.

Posted August 12, 2010
i've noticed teachers are racist towards african americans, and disrespectful, with unfair treatment. the teachers can't teach well anyway. alot of the same teachers will be teaching at george ranch, so expect that school to be the same level as lamar

Posted May 24, 2010
WORST SCHOOL IN FORTBEND COUNTY. BLOOD & CRIPS SCHOOL GANGS RUN THIS SCHOOL GO TO Fort Bend ISD OR George Ranch High School in the Lamar CISD

Lamar Cons High School 2

Posted January 01, 2010
For my first 2 years in school was fun, but after that, it just blows. Some of the teachers and staffs here are really disrespectful to students of no reason and some of those teacher can't teach right, although many of the few teachers that I had are still the the good teachers. Also, the football season really blows after winning state for 2007. If you really want a school with better teaching quality and a more respectful teachers and staff around here, consider going to the Fort Bend ISD or the next upcoming George Ranch High School in the Lamar CISD.

Lamar Cons High School 4

Posted July 31, 2007
I am a parent of a senior and sophomore at LCHS and I must say my children have had nothing but praise for the teachers of this school. My children are taking advanced classes where the teachers are challenging them and preparing them for college. Kids who what to excel have every opportunity at that school, the teachers are always available to help in any way they can.

Lamar Cons High School 4

Posted June 27, 2007
My elder daughter, also a Lamar High 2006 graduate. just finished a very successful freshman year at a major Texas university. I belief her success is partially due to a quality high school education. Like most things, the effort you put into something will have an impact on the outcome. My younger child is currently enrolled at Lamar High School. While there have been some administrative and faculty changes the past two years, the school looks to be on the right track.

Posted November 10, 2006
I Graduated from Lamar High School in 2006. I was extremely dissatisfied with the quality of education which I received. I am now a student at Texas State University. It is now plainly obvious that this high school did not prepare me for college. A small number of teachers actually do care where the students are going in their lives, but most are there for the check every two weeks. If you want your child to succeed in life, send them somewhere in First Colony.

Posted October 09, 2006
I graduated from Lamar Consolidated in 2004. I was very involved in activities around the school including the girls' soccer team and choir. While the extracurriculars were always fun and exciting, the classroom experience in many cases left something to be desired. There were several wonderful teachers at Lamar who really did put the effort into getting a point across to their students. Overall though, the academics were not up to the standards of other high schools I know of. As for safety, I'm sure it's better now, but considering in the four years I attended Lamar there was only one we didn't grace the news whether it had to do with a teacher student affair, or being kept in lockdown until 5 with swat in the hall. I hope the new principal had made better changes. There are good people there though so there is hope!

Lamar Cons High School
4606 Mustang Avenue, Rosenberg, TX  77471
Last modified Lamar Cons High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lamar Cons High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top