Posted June 19, 2014
My daughter just completed her Kindergarten year at Fern Bluff. We had a wonderful year. All the Kindergarten teachers are great! There are always lots of activities for families to get involved in- Family Literacy Night, Spring Carnival, Art night and much more. Also, Fern Bluff is such a caring community.

Posted April 09, 2014
Parent : My son has been at Fern Bluff from kinder to 3rd grade . We can't wait for next year to come! My son loves this school. All of his teachers have been wonderful . He always has a big smile when I pick him up from school & as a mom that makes my day! He is a straight A student and we like it that way. If you are moving to this area this is a great school for your child to advance in ! They teach them to be independent and take their work seriously while enjoying class. Love this school!

Posted September 19, 2013
Fern Bluff is a great school. We have been very happy here. The teachers and staff are friendly, communicate well, and really care about the students. There is a warm and inviting feel to the school. The principal is approachable, which is so important. Best of all, the school is one of the Exemplary RRISD schools, so you know your child is going to get one of the best elementary educations at this school.

Posted September 19, 2013
We have been at Fern Bluff for 6 years. Dr Wilson is professional & takes her job seriously. I had a couple issues that I feel were handled very well. The outcome may not have been exactly what I wanted at the time, but in retrospect (now that all the emotions from the situation are under control) I agree with the way she handled it. Her job is not to make everyone happy, it is to make the right decision for the student & teacher. Mrs Mercer, the assistant principal, is also WONDERFUL. We have had 9 teachers at the school so far & have not been disappointed. There are teachers that I see not being a good fit for my kids, so I mention that on the end of year form that asks for parent input for the next school year. The PTA is very active & provides amazing opportunities for the kids. Science kits, Reflections program, Math Pentathlon, classroom technology, Science nights, etc. So many opportunities available. It is FANTASTIC to see how many parents volunteer. Most important, my kids LOVE this school & love all of the staff. We have considered moving several times & decided to stay put just to keep our kids here. We LOVE Fern Bluff!

Posted May 23, 2013
This year we've had our 4th Kindergartener at Fern Bluff. And I have to say that it's still a pretty amazing school. Yes, it is public education, but I think most teachers really try to give the best education possible for the kids. Not every teacher there is great, but most of them are. We did have an issue with a teacher last year, but I was persistant and documented everything. When we sat down and spoke with the principal about this issue, she did address and take care of the situation. Dr. Wilson is shy, but she has been very fair in all my dealings with her. She will take the time to listen to parents when they make the effort to approach her. Not every teacher is great but the majority of them are. PTA is very active and provides a lot for the teachers and the kids.

Fern Bluff Elementary School 3

Posted January 27, 2013
Other reviewers are right - the principal sweeps things under the carpet and does not deal with issues raised. If she was in the real world she would have been fired - when a number of parents raise issues about the same poor teacher year after year, she should act to get them removed. We have had some amazing teachers and one terrible teacher.

Fern Bluff Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2012
I am not impressed. As stated over and over again, the school is overly concerned with earning Exemplary ratings. Students who are struggling are under enormous pressure. The halls are unwelcoming, you don't feel the positive energy at Fern Bluff like you do at other elementary schools. I understand why so many parents are turning to home schooling. My son starts grade 2 this year. If it is not signifigantly better than last year, I will be transferring him to another school district.

Fern Bluff Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2012
Great school if you're into extremist environmentalism and leftist-leaning political agendas. You'll get no help from the principle, she will defend her teachers even when they're wrong. I'm sorry, I'm just done.

Posted August 10, 2011
Fern Bluff is a wonderful place where the teachers truly care about helping each child reach their potential. Our principal even plays ping pong with students who need a little extra loving care. Dr. Wilson is a person that I am honored to work with. Our parents are very supportive and involved too. There is a lot of teamwork going on and that is the secret to our success.

Posted April 30, 2010
Fern Bluff has an amazing variety of extracurricular activities - Math Pentathlon, Destination Imagination, school plays, science activities - and what's more, the students do amazingly well in these activities. The PTA is very strong and engaged, and makes these successes possible.

Fern Bluff Elementary School
17815 Park Valley Drive, Round Rock, TX  78681
Last modified Fern Bluff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fern Bluff Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top