Bad
Good

Posted April 05, 2016
My son is currently in 6th grade at C.D. Fulkes and he loves it! I also substitute teach there and get to see how wonderful this school is. You will not find better teachers and staff; they are dedicated to their students and it shows. My son is challenged academically and is recognized for his hard work. Many of the teachers have been at the school for years and there is not a high teacher and Principal turnover like at Ridgeview, so the faculty and staff really get to know all of the students and their families. The Principal is the best of the best and always has an open door if a parent has questions or concerns. The campus is lovely - it's old in a very cool way with lots of history behind the walls (this was the first school in Round Rock!). It is also the only middle school in RRISD to have a beautiful auditorium, which makes concerts and performances even more special for the kids and the audience. The class sizes are 20 or so students since the school has only 750 students over 3 grade levels, so there isn't an issue of overcrowded classrooms like at other middle schools. I really can't recommend this school highly enough. Ignore the naysayers (most of whom have never set foot on campus); this is a great school with terrific teachers that any child would be lucky to attend.

C D Fulkes Middle School 4

Posted March 05, 2015
I have had both of my boys go to CD and had wonderful experiences. We moved to Round Rock about 3 years ago from a very small town where everyone knew everyone and everything. My oldest son is now at Cedar Ridge :-( and is special needs. You cannot tell he had issues by looking at him though. The teachers at CD were exceptional in getting to know how he learns best and creating lessons with that in mind. He truly excelled there. My youngest who is now in 7th there is extremely bright but doesn't like to show it. Teachers are great about challenging him. Is it a low-income income school? Yes. Is It very integrated with all races? Yes. It's all part of what makes It a great place to bring up wonderfully open-minded children. The school is behind on technology in the classrooms and it's old but that showed problems with the allocation of money from the district. The teachers and the administration is extremely caring, not only about my boys but also for me. I love it there.

C D Fulkes Middle School 4

Posted November 06, 2013
I've found the teachesr to be responsive and dedicated, the students love their school. The biggest problem I see is to many parents not involved in their children's lives as much as they should be. The kids here are mostly from lower middle class and poor families offten with 1 parent, The school doesn't get the Best of everything that some of the other schools have but they do more with what they have. Yes i'm biased, I attended this school in the late 70's.

Posted October 29, 2013
I just came from a football game played at CD Fulkes. I see where the school gets their ghetto reputation. When it came to sportsmanship, the parents were the worst. They should be embarrassed of themselves. They should concentrate more on raising and molding young adults rather than being questionable adults themselves.

Posted October 27, 2013
What I don't get is, why does everybody call CD a ghetto school? It's the ONLY school in Round Rock that has a fancy theatre auditorium and stage.

Posted September 15, 2013
CD Fulkes is a great place to be, I have worked on other campuses, yet asked to be transfered here due to the great climate. As a teacher, I see compassionate, caring students and staff members who go above and beyond to help each other out.

Posted November 12, 2012
Cd Fulkes has such a bad reputation on the Round rock community. I have a child that goes there and they come home everyday telling me stories on how they are being bullied. I have talked to the principals multiple times and they still havent done anything. I am vey tempting to take my child out of this school and transfer them to Ridgeview. Cd Fulkes need to have some discipline and ground rules set cause this is very ridiculous.

Posted February 02, 2011
My 6th grader is constantly bullied. Not only that, but has been assaulted numerous times and has been threatened to be killed. I have expressed my concerns many times to many of the principals at this school - but so far their "No Bulling Tolerance" seems to be farce. The staff tries to blame my son as he doesn't know problem/conflict resolution and that's why he is experiencing these issues. He goes to a teacher - they discount what he says and sends back to the situation, or they say "Well we did not catch anything on tape" or that because my son can't remove himself from the situation because he can't leave the class and the teacher is just plainly ignoring the situation thus allowing the bulling to continue. There is a huge issue at this school, their policy and their lack of protecting our students. My son SHOULD NOT HAVE TO LEARN PROBLEM/CONFLICT RESOLUTION to deal with the bullies at the school. THIS SCHOOL NEEDS TO RELEARN THEIR OWN POLICY AND IMPLEMENT THIS WITH THE BULLIES AND NOT THE BULLIED.

C D Fulkes Middle School

Posted April 20, 2010
C.D. Fulkes is the best middle school on earth no doubt. The teachers & the way they teach is amazing.

C D Fulkes Middle School 3

Posted May 24, 2009
I am personally offened by the person who wrote that 'C.D. Fulkes is full of undisciplined kids.' C.D. Fulkes has disciplined students. Its middle school, what do you expect? Perfect students?

C D Fulkes Middle School
300 West Anderson Avenue, Round Rock, TX  78664
Last modified C D Fulkes Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.