Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter has enjoyed her classes here. She's had excellent and patient teachers and made good friends. I am s very pleased with the Texas Education Agency's accountability ratings for this school!

Develops character: Disagree

Some of these children aren't the best listeners... actaully, most arent, it's just the few who try that get all the praise, but if you do one thing that's not your fault, then Goodluck getting any praise

I had concerns when my child was about to start Chisholm Trail. I heard all of the rumors that most have heard. We have had the best experience. My child has anxiety issues and he has told me he does NOT want to go anywhere else. We had a bullying incident last year (6th grade) and we are currently dealing with another. The administration is OUTSTANDING and they have taken care of the situation beyond my expectations. Middle school is a rough time and no matter where your child goes to school they are going to have bullies and discipline problems. The key is having a staff that takes care of it quickly and effectively. All the staff we have dealt with are very approachable and the kids seem to love them.

Love this school and so do my kids. This school has the most amazing group of administrators that anyone could ask for. Fine Arts are outstanding and kids are given the opportunity to participate in so many different extracurricular activities. Couldn't be happier!!!

I have 2 boys at this school and the programs are fantastic! The theatre arts department has really helped my 8th grade son break out of a shell. The communication the teachers have with the parents has been really wonderful too. I get daily emails about what was taught in class. So when I ask my new 6th grader what he learned in school, and he says "nothing really", I have something to discuss with him. I can keep track of the grades he is getting on each assignment too.

Great school! My daughter loved 6th grade! The teachers have high expectations and prepare the students well for district and state testing.

My daughter is in 8th grade at Chisholm and this year I have had nothing but problems. I have to beg the teachers to help my daughter. The language arts teacher quit during the first semester, she was followed by a long term sub and then a teacher who expects college level writing from the students. The history teacher was also out early on in the first semester so there was a long term sub in his place which I could never get to return a phone call, email or message. The teacher returned a week before the semester ended and when I contacted him he told me he felt my child was ok with her grade. I felt much different considering she was balling next to me because he was hateful and refused to help her. Sounds like I have a bad kid right? Wrong! Until this year she was a straight A student and plans to attend medical school however with this set of educators I'll be lucky to get her out of middle school. I am seriously considering moving her to another school next week to finish out the year. If you have the choice, don't put your child in this school!

This is the worst school I have ever seen. There are fights almost daily, and my 6th grader is afraid of a lot of these kids. They cuss, they're disrespectful, they fight. My girl went from straight As to having a 16 in one of her classes. A 16!!! Teacher communication was terrible in that class. We are pulling my kiddo out of this school mid term. That's how bad it is.

I think that even if there is some kids who chose that wrong path, there's also going to be to be the population of kids that chose to do the right thing and have integrity. Sure there's "that crowd" but there are those kind of crowds anywhere. We are halfway through the year and there has been about 3 fights which are just catfights but the teachers mean business when they say they want responsibility and no nonsense. Principal sormani is also great. The acedemic grades are pretty high too and overall this is one of the best public schools I have experienced and I have experience quite a few:)

This school sucks in every way possible. I don't have the anger or energy to write a better review, but I'll just say the administration does not take care of bullying, the teachers don't teach, the counselors don't help with serious problems at all, & neither do the principals. They kick kids out of school for no reason.

Last modified Chisholm Trail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.