Posted September 11, 2014
I have 2 boys at this school and the programs are fantastic! The theatre arts department has really helped my 8th grade son break out of a shell. The communication the teachers have with the parents has been really wonderful too. I get daily emails about what was taught in class. So when I ask my new 6th grader what he learned in school, and he says "nothing really", I have something to discuss with him. I can keep track of the grades he is getting on each assignment too.

Posted June 02, 2014
Great school! My daughter loved 6th grade! The teachers have high expectations and prepare the students well for district and state testing.

Chisholm Trail Middle School 2

Posted February 04, 2014
My daughter is in 8th grade at Chisholm and this year I have had nothing but problems. I have to beg the teachers to help my daughter. The language arts teacher quit during the first semester, she was followed by a long term sub and then a teacher who expects college level writing from the students. The history teacher was also out early on in the first semester so there was a long term sub in his place which I could never get to return a phone call, email or message. The teacher returned a week before the semester ended and when I contacted him he told me he felt my child was ok with her grade. I felt much different considering she was balling next to me because he was hateful and refused to help her. Sounds like I have a bad kid right? Wrong! Until this year she was a straight A student and plans to attend medical school however with this set of educators I'll be lucky to get her out of middle school. I am seriously considering moving her to another school next week to finish out the year. If you have the choice, don't put your child in this school!

Posted January 06, 2014
This is the worst school I have ever seen. There are fights almost daily, and my 6th grader is afraid of a lot of these kids. They cuss, they're disrespectful, they fight. My girl went from straight As to having a 16 in one of her classes. A 16!!! Teacher communication was terrible in that class. We are pulling my kiddo out of this school mid term. That's how bad it is.

Posted December 21, 2013
I think that even if there is some kids who chose that wrong path, there's also going to be to be the population of kids that chose to do the right thing and have integrity. Sure there's "that crowd" but there are those kind of crowds anywhere. We are halfway through the year and there has been about 3 fights which are just catfights but the teachers mean business when they say they want responsibility and no nonsense. Principal sormani is also great. The acedemic grades are pretty high too and overall this is one of the best public schools I have experienced and I have experience quite a few:)

Posted December 09, 2013
This school sucks in every way possible. I don't have the anger or energy to write a better review, but I'll just say the administration does not take care of bullying, the teachers don't teach, the counselors don't help with serious problems at all, & neither do the principals. They kick kids out of school for no reason.

Posted September 14, 2012
My nephew who is mildly autistic was given 20 days in alternative school for picking up a 2 inch ( key chain size) pocket knife. He has never been in trouble before. He was suspended for 3 days, but they didnt feel that was enough. They admitt to understanding his disability, but dont care. He is afraid of what will happen to him there. He will have to do his academic work correctly and keep his uniform shirt tucked in otherwise he will loose credit for the day. with his disabilitys, he may NEVER get out! He didnt even know he was doing anything wrong.

Posted February 16, 2012
If your child isn't in the advanced placement program then they are thrown in with the "general population." We moved here a year ago and my daughter does not like it here. We orginally chose Round Rock because of a reputation for having good schools. Apparently there are only pockets of good schools. My daughter tells me that the kids here use drugs and engage in sexual activity before and after school. She says that some of the kids are extremely disrespectful to the teachers. If they are sent to the office they are returned within minutes with no consequences for their actions. I have not seen much in the way of parental involvement either. I would not recommend this school at all. :(

Posted November 17, 2009

Posted October 22, 2009
I have had 2 children who have gone here, and it has been an amazing experience, teachers and the principal are great at communicating and getting back to you with answers to your questions. Great school!

Chisholm Trail Middle School
500 Oakridge Drive, Round Rock, TX  78681
Last modified Chisholm Trail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chisholm Trail Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top