PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Our kids have attended RRCA since early childhood and are now in the secondary program. The academic expectations are strong and we like that our kids have been challenged and not held back. They have always been ahead of their peers in the public schools as we've learned through interactions with friends. The teachers and staff have been wonderful through the years and have addressed any concerns we may have had quickly and respectfully. Like any school, it isn't perfect because it is made up of people. We don't use the school as our church and the school doesn't want to take the place of a church but it does appear some of the families take this view. Thankfully we have seen this trend changing through the years with more dedicated families finding RRCA and utilizing its ability to be a support to them in their Christian walk as a family. I highly recommend this school if you want a quality academic education based on a biblical worldview.

I consider the students & staff at round rock christian academy to be my family. round rock christian academy has created a safe environment where I feel I can be myself & have been for the last four years. I couldn't be more proud to call it my school.

This is a wonderful Christian school with strong academics and caring teachers. My daughter had been attending rrca for three years now and has thrived in this environment. She has helped to tutor some of her other friends who attend a local charter school near here. With every school, you get out of it what you are willing to put into it. Our family takes academics seriously and rrca provides the opportunity to excel in academics while also providing a Christ centered and caring environment. The children here are respectful and I have not heard or seen any issues of bullying or violence. I also really like that she will be able to take college classes once she's in high school at rrca. This will allow her to be ahead if the curve before evening starting college.

Mediocre, at best. All my kids have attended RRCA at some point in the last 10 years, so I feel like I can give an accurate review. While we loved early childhood and early elementary, it wasn't until they transferred to other schools that we realized the mediocrity once you get past 4th or 5th grade. My kids are behind in English, math, and science and had to get caught up, even retaking a few classes. RRCA's quality clearly has gone down in the last few years. High faculty and student turnover, evident friction among staff, and constantly griping and unhappy parents leads me to believe there is a problem with leadership. I do believe that nice, well-meaning people are in charge, but quality and professionalism is lacking. I would characterize the school as an alternative to home schooling, not necessarily a strong college prep school, as claimed. Just because you pay for education doesn't mean it is higher quality than public school.

Our children have attended this school for the last 7 years and we continue to be impressed with the challenging curriculum, the Christ-centered education and the sense of community. They actually welcome parental involvement (unheard of at some schools). We completely recommend this school!!

This was our first year at RRCA and we really love it! My daughter is in the first grade and Has really thrived at this school! She is making great friends too!!! Can't say enough good things!

My daughter is going into her second year at RRCA. She started PreK last year, and I was astonished to see such a rapid growth in her. By mid-year she already began to read and could do simple math problems. It's easy to see the difference between my child's development and my friends children (who attend public schools) by the end of the school year. Cost is very affordable and the staff and teachers are easy to talk to and communication is always open. If i could change one thing it would be the lunches provided and lunch time allowed for such young children (too short). Lunch doesn't offer very healthy food, but this is always fixable with a lunch taken.

Our son has attended RRCA since prek. He is going into 1st grade this year. He had fabulous teachers every year and we are prayful for same this year with a brand new teacher. It hasebeen great academically and spiritually. I do have to agree with another review commenting on lack of parent involvement. Wish school would do more to encourage that for both those working in and outside the home. We encourage any who are able to consider this school.

Academically the school is very good with competent Christian teachers who are concerned with student success. But, if you are looking for common Christian goals in parenting with other families you will find this lacking. This is not an important goal for RRCA or their interview process would be more discerning. Half the families claim church membership but rarely attend. A lot do not attend at all. Many here are trying to avoid the public schools and have no interest in a walk with Christ. Chapels are weak and entertainment based. The elementary one is like a weekly VBS Pep Rally without any substantial guidance in the Word and no time for letting children peacefully reflect or think. Secondary chapel speakers tend to speak shallow moralistic messages and are from the church that rents the school its facilities. If your goal is just to achieve a quality education then Round Rock Christian Academy will meet your expectations. If your goal is a quality education partnering with dedicated Christian families to promote same values to your children then you will not be happy at this school.

I have family members that have attended Round Rock Christian Academy since kindergarten and know first-hand, the immense benefits of a private education at RRCA. The kids are at learning levels well above that of public schools and their teachers have all been outstanding. The classes are kept to a size that enables them to manage everything effectively. There is also a brilliant parent-teacher communication system set up, and utilized daily. Whether it is a learning challenge, conduct, homework or discipline, the problems are addressed immediately and parents partner with the school to achieve solutions for each specific child. In addition to general knowledge, I would say that RRCA also teaches and holds the students to high standards of ethical and moral principles. These codes of integrity can easily be recognized throughout the management, faculty and staff. And last but not least, in addition to being smart and well mannered, the kids are very happy and well adjusted. In no way would I ever diminish the noble parenting job that my sister and her husband are doing, but when you have a school like this backing you up the children can do nothing but benefit.

Last modified Round Rock Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12