Round Rock, TX

Posted August 16, 2014
This is a wonderful Christian school with strong academics and caring teachers. My daughter had been attending rrca for three years now and has thrived in this environment. She has helped to tutor some of her other friends who attend a local charter school near here. With every school, you get out of it what you are willing to put into it. Our family takes academics seriously and rrca provides the opportunity to excel in academics while also providing a Christ centered and caring environment. The children here are respectful and I have not heard or seen any issues of bullying or violence. I also really like that she will be able to take college classes once she's in high school at rrca. This will allow her to be ahead if the curve before evening starting college.

Round Rock Christian Academy 2

Posted May 28, 2014
Mediocre, at best. All my kids have attended RRCA at some point in the last 10 years, so I feel like I can give an accurate review. While we loved early childhood and early elementary, it wasn't until they transferred to other schools that we realized the mediocrity once you get past 4th or 5th grade. My kids are behind in English, math, and science and had to get caught up, even retaking a few classes. RRCA's quality clearly has gone down in the last few years. High faculty and student turnover, evident friction among staff, and constantly griping and unhappy parents leads me to believe there is a problem with leadership. I do believe that nice, well-meaning people are in charge, but quality and professionalism is lacking. I would characterize the school as an alternative to home schooling, not necessarily a strong college prep school, as claimed. Just because you pay for education doesn't mean it is higher quality than public school.

Posted April 21, 2014
Our children have attended this school for the last 7 years and we continue to be impressed with the challenging curriculum, the Christ-centered education and the sense of community. They actually welcome parental involvement (unheard of at some schools). We completely recommend this school!!

Posted March 03, 2014
This was our first year at RRCA and we really love it! My daughter is in the first grade and Has really thrived at this school! She is making great friends too!!! Can't say enough good things!

Round Rock Christian Academy 4

Posted August 26, 2013
My daughter is going into her second year at RRCA. She started PreK last year, and I was astonished to see such a rapid growth in her. By mid-year she already began to read and could do simple math problems. It's easy to see the difference between my child's development and my friends children (who attend public schools) by the end of the school year. Cost is very affordable and the staff and teachers are easy to talk to and communication is always open. If i could change one thing it would be the lunches provided and lunch time allowed for such young children (too short). Lunch doesn't offer very healthy food, but this is always fixable with a lunch taken.

Round Rock Christian Academy 4

Posted August 17, 2013
Our son has attended RRCA since prek. He is going into 1st grade this year. He had fabulous teachers every year and we are prayful for same this year with a brand new teacher. It hasebeen great academically and spiritually. I do have to agree with another review commenting on lack of parent involvement. Wish school would do more to encourage that for both those working in and outside the home. We encourage any who are able to consider this school.

Round Rock Christian Academy 3

Posted June 11, 2013
Academically the school is very good with competent Christian teachers who are concerned with student success. But, if you are looking for common Christian goals in parenting with other families you will find this lacking. This is not an important goal for RRCA or their interview process would be more discerning. Half the families claim church membership but rarely attend. A lot do not attend at all. Many here are trying to avoid the public schools and have no interest in a walk with Christ. Chapels are weak and entertainment based. The elementary one is like a weekly VBS Pep Rally without any substantial guidance in the Word and no time for letting children peacefully reflect or think. Secondary chapel speakers tend to speak shallow moralistic messages and are from the church that rents the school its facilities. If your goal is just to achieve a quality education then Round Rock Christian Academy will meet your expectations. If your goal is a quality education partnering with dedicated Christian families to promote same values to your children then you will not be happy at this school.

Posted April 10, 2013
I have family members that have attended Round Rock Christian Academy since kindergarten and know first-hand, the immense benefits of a private education at RRCA. The kids are at learning levels well above that of public schools and their teachers have all been outstanding. The classes are kept to a size that enables them to manage everything effectively. There is also a brilliant parent-teacher communication system set up, and utilized daily. Whether it is a learning challenge, conduct, homework or discipline, the problems are addressed immediately and parents partner with the school to achieve solutions for each specific child. In addition to general knowledge, I would say that RRCA also teaches and holds the students to high standards of ethical and moral principles. These codes of integrity can easily be recognized throughout the management, faculty and staff. And last but not least, in addition to being smart and well mannered, the kids are very happy and well adjusted. In no way would I ever diminish the noble parenting job that my sister and her husband are doing, but when you have a school like this backing you up the children can do nothing but benefit.

Posted April 04, 2013
So thankful for Round Rock Christian Academy and very happy to give a great review. My children have benefitted greatly from the personal attention by their teachers year after year. The teachers are very committed to spiritual and education growth of the students and are eager to partner with parents. Solid college prep curriculum with an emphasis on ethics and Christian worldview. Very affordable. Tuition is much lower than comparable schools in the area. We are thankful for RRCA!

Posted March 07, 2012
We have been involved with RRCA since 1995. Both of my children graduated from RRCA and got into great colleges. Our experience there was amazing from start to finish. We loved the special attention that the teachers gave to our children. The spiritual emphasis was consistent and much appreciated. The tuition was reasonable (look at the prices of other private schools in the area!). The administrative staff maintains an open-door policy. Parents are always welcome. Everything from the hot lunch program to the chapel programs are handled with excellence. We've made life long friends with parents, students and teachers who were part of this "village" that helped raise our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. I have nothing but praise for a place that I've had a 17 year relationship with. They have the credibility of 36 years of being a leader in Christian education in the central Texas area.

Round Rock Christian Academy
301 North Lake Creek Drive, Round Rock, TX  78681
Last modified Round Rock Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Round Rock Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top