PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Supports LD students: Agree

Our children have experienced pull-out, inclusion and TAG teaching/groups.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The Principals are effective and the Head of School is amazing! They don't "sweep things under the carpet". They hold students accountable!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students are taught the right way to treat others, the morale way to behave and to dress. It supports what we, at home, have been training up our children to be.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers give clear instruction and are supportive. All teachers have Help Class twice a week if students feel they need it.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homeroom volume is reasonable and has allowed time for our children to still attend church and be active in school sports.

Round Rock Christian Academy has been an excellent school for our family! Our children have attended RRCA for 10 years and they are THRIVING. It is truly college-prep, affordable (we have compared it to 5 other Austin area schools), and there have been so many opportunities for my husband and I to be involved (sports, field trips, homeroom parent, PTA, etc.).

Our kids have attended RRCA since early childhood and are now in the secondary program. The academic expectations are strong and we like that our kids have been challenged and not held back. They have always been ahead of their peers in the public schools as we've learned through interactions with friends. The teachers and staff have been wonderful through the years and have addressed any concerns we may have had quickly and respectfully. Like any school, it isn't perfect because it is made up of people. We don't use the school as our church and the school doesn't want to take the place of a church but it does appear some of the families take this view. Thankfully we have seen this trend changing through the years with more dedicated families finding RRCA and utilizing its ability to be a support to them in their Christian walk as a family. I highly recommend this school if you want a quality academic education based on a biblical worldview.

I consider the students & staff at round rock christian academy to be my family. round rock christian academy has created a safe environment where I feel I can be myself & have been for the last four years. I couldn't be more proud to call it my school.

This is a wonderful Christian school with strong academics and caring teachers. My daughter had been attending rrca for three years now and has thrived in this environment. She has helped to tutor some of her other friends who attend a local charter school near here. With every school, you get out of it what you are willing to put into it. Our family takes academics seriously and rrca provides the opportunity to excel in academics while also providing a Christ centered and caring environment. The children here are respectful and I have not heard or seen any issues of bullying or violence. I also really like that she will be able to take college classes once she's in high school at rrca. This will allow her to be ahead if the curve before evening starting college.

Mediocre, at best. All my kids have attended RRCA at some point in the last 10 years, so I feel like I can give an accurate review. While we loved early childhood and early elementary, it wasn't until they transferred to other schools that we realized the mediocrity once you get past 4th or 5th grade. My kids are behind in English, math, and science and had to get caught up, even retaking a few classes. RRCA's quality clearly has gone down in the last few years. High faculty and student turnover, evident friction among staff, and constantly griping and unhappy parents leads me to believe there is a problem with leadership. I do believe that nice, well-meaning people are in charge, but quality and professionalism is lacking. I would characterize the school as an alternative to home schooling, not necessarily a strong college prep school, as claimed. Just because you pay for education doesn't mean it is higher quality than public school.

Last modified Round Rock Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12