Round Rock, TX

Chandler Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted February 05, 2014
Chandler Oaks has high expectations of their staff, as well as students. Staff work hard to comply with RRISD curriculum, IB standards and parent requests. This is not an easy task! Students feel successful and feel a sense of purpose in their community. They learn to be caring, responsible citizens, as well as scholars. Parents have been quick to bad mouth teachers and school policies, without having much background knowledge on either one. In short, Chandler Oaks offers students a unique learning experience.

Posted January 23, 2014
RUN RUN RUN away from this school as fast as you can! We moved into the Stone Oak area over 13 years ago & anxiously anticipated the opening of our new elementary school. Our children attended from the school's start through the 2012-2013 school year. What you should know: PLEASE do your research on IB-PYP "curriculum". They sell it like it's an advanced education that will put your kid way above those in non IB schools. The truth is your kid will spend 7 hrs a day learning NOTHING! Your kids will not be taught basic fundamentals of math like multiplication charts for instance. Can you see your 5th grader drawing little pictures to represent numbers in an equation that he is working on (60 apples then circle groups of 10). Forget teaching spelling...."it will come with time". Except by Oct./Nov. grading period your kid gets pulled into a "special group" so that he can have help with spelling. Let's not teach then single out & make kid feel stupid!! IB is all about writing. Great, unless you expect the writing to follow any rules.A kid whose had to do so much writing should have decent sentence structure & paragraph form down. not to mention spelling! RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 06, 2014
As a former Chandler Oaks teacher & parent, I write this with great concern & caution. Here are the facts: The current principle(as of 2013 school year) was fired from her previous school in the Anderson Mill area for her lack of leadership, teacher & staff dissatisfaction which lead to multiple negative school board reviews, and teacher turnover due to problems with administration. More teachers have left Chandler Oaks since its inception in 2011 than any other school in the RRISD. Two children have been reported to have left the school property midday, walked home, & were not reported missing to the parents until hours later (I live very near by & know this to be factual). According to the RRISD school board teachers association & board reviews, more complaints have been filed on behalf of the teaching staff with regards to the lack of healthy leadership than any other elementary school in Round Rock. To cap it off, the current principle holds & practices extremely liberal views on marriage, education, & family. Please think twice before allowing this administration to shape your child.

Posted September 17, 2013
My school is great. It is located in my community. We are IB. My daughter is happy attending here. Great community as a whole.

Posted June 08, 2013
We live so close our child could walk to COE, but it'd snow in the Sahara before we would send a kid there again. This school views involved parents as issues to handle, not as the people who care most about their kids' education. Most of the kids here started at Cactus Ranch, and already there are clear indications they tested better there. COE's mostly new teachers (50% have 5 years experience or less) are coasting off CRE's good work. What made us leave? After weeks of silence, we finally raised concerns about a poor teacher. COE admin went into overdrive to defend her and attack us! They even went on a fishing expedition via an Orwellian dream called the 'Lunch Bunch,' which puts kids the admin wants to 'help' at a lunch table with a counselor, who then leads the kids to badmouth their parents. The admin then uses this against parents who don't respond as COE admin demands. After suffering through this, we found our neighbors had removed their child from COE because of the same poor teacher AND the same bullying admin. Even the parent group is clueless, more concerned about t-shirt and Kona Ice sales than their kids' educational results. We expected better from RRISD.

Posted April 01, 2013
We love this school! From the location, the safety, office staff, principal, teachers & parent involvement. We can't say enough positive things about the school. The IB Program is fantastic, it encourages children to be inquirers to think and to ask questions. Students don't have to sit on their chair for 8 hours & be bored, they get to do fun Science Projects in the "Village", they get to do Flashlight Reading, listen to Math Rap Songs and do all kinds of fun stuff while learning the traditional Curriculum and working on their IB Units, like "Who we are in the World", or "How we co-exist"....why wouldn't you want to go to this school???!! I wish my school would have had so many fun things to do. Yes, the first year the school was open it was a pretty tough year, but everybody basically just got their feet wet. The problems were taken care of immediately and we flew through the 2nd year with a breeze. We are 3rd year Cheetah's and unfortunately we have to move due to my husbands job and won't be back next year.

Posted April 01, 2013
Great school and great teachers. The IB program is excellent. My girls love the school and I volunteered time to time in the Watchdog program. Definitely recommend.

Chandler Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted November 21, 2012
The facilities are great. If your child has special needs, look elsewhere. Our child has Autism. The school was unwilling to take the recommendations of my wife, myself, nor our son's psychologist. My least favorite memory is when the principal said, " your child has no sense of community"...really? Our son was repeatedly punished days after inappropriate behavior occurred. He was not allowed to participate in Gym class due to behavior related to his disabilities. He was threatened with not participating on a field trip due to behavior relating to his disability even though my wife volunteered to go on it with him. I am certain there are some good teachers at Chandler Oaks but the leadership coming from the top down leaves much to be desired.

Posted March 28, 2012
I just moved here from out of state where I was a teacher, and while in the process of getting my Texas Credential I am subbing. I have subbed at this school several times and I must say that this school has it together! The staff is amazing, the students are learning leaps and bounds and I am very impressed at the feel of community and family in the school!

Chandler Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2011
I am a teacher at COE and admit it was a rough first year, but to be expected since it was our opening year and administration was out on medical leave for almost half of the year. In reviewing some of the "complaints" by parents, being on the "same page" for the whole school was an issue, but is something that has been resolved after our first year. As teachers and staff, we were disappointed in the lack of flexibility from a small group of parents who wanted it their way or the highway. Requests and demands were made that were sometimes denied by administration in order to protect teachers and the learning environment. Please remember that as teachers our job is to educate, not people please. Policies can be put in place for reasons that parents are not aware of, but concern incidents that have occured and warrant a change in policy.

Chandler Oaks Elementary School
3800 Stone Oak Drive, Round Rock, TX  78681
Last modified Chandler Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chandler Oaks Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top