Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Chandler Oaks Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 17, 2016
Because chandler oaks is an IB primary school, character building is part of the frame work for learning.

Posted August 17, 2016
Wonderful teachers that care about their students! My daughter has been treated with nothing but respect and kindness. When she needed individual attention and encouragement, they have responded to her with genuine care and concern. In addition, the principal is respectful and professional. She also seems to care about the students and success of the school. I have nothing but great things to say about this school!

Posted September 10, 2015
Although we are new to the area and the school, and though the school year has just begun, my husband and I have been impressed with this school since registration. Our third-grade daughter loves her teacher (who has over 12 years of experience) and we are thoroughly impressed with the curriculum as well as all of the amazing after-school & enrichment programs offered. I feel like the parents are involved and both parents and students are prideful of the beautiful school. I can't wait to see what the next three years bring!

Posted September 08, 2015
COE is a young IB school, but is already full of pride. The community is really involved in COE events and operations, and I am surprised at the level of volunteers that participate and give their time to help the school, including myself! My daughter attends 3rd grade here, as she did first and second grade. She loves this school, the teachers, the staff, and the unique opportunities that an IB school can provide. I suppose IB is not for everyone, but for my daughter it is a great fit so far. I like the "one world" feel in which all cultures are recognized and respected... I for one think it is important to foster open-mindedness in our children, in this crazy world of ours. There are alot of new teachers here at COE, but I think that's normal at the elementary level. COE just got a new principal this year, so we'll see how that goes as well. Anyway, we love Chandler Oaks Elementary, a school destined for greatness!

Posted June 03, 2015
Love this school! Staff and teachers work very hard to offer the best learning environment to students. Parents need more involvement in school to really know what is happening inside and not to start giving bad feedback based on one experience.

Chandler Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted February 05, 2014
Chandler Oaks has high expectations of their staff, as well as students. Staff work hard to comply with RRISD curriculum, IB standards and parent requests. This is not an easy task! Students feel successful and feel a sense of purpose in their community. They learn to be caring, responsible citizens, as well as scholars. Parents have been quick to bad mouth teachers and school policies, without having much background knowledge on either one. In short, Chandler Oaks offers students a unique learning experience.

Chandler Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2014
RUN RUN RUN away from this school as fast as you can! We moved into the Stone Oak area over 13 years ago & anxiously anticipated the opening of our new elementary school. Our children attended from the school's start through the 2012-2013 school year. What you should know: PLEASE do your research on IB-PYP "curriculum". They sell it like it's an advanced education that will put your kid way above those in non IB schools. The truth is your kid will spend 7 hrs a day learning NOTHING! Your kids will not be taught basic fundamentals of math like multiplication charts for instance. Can you see your 5th grader drawing little pictures to represent numbers in an equation that he is working on (60 apples then circle groups of 10). Forget teaching spelling...."it will come with time". Except by Oct./Nov. grading period your kid gets pulled into a "special group" so that he can have help with spelling. Let's not teach then single out & make kid feel stupid!! IB is all about writing. Great, unless you expect the writing to follow any rules.A kid whose had to do so much writing should have decent sentence structure & paragraph form down. not to mention spelling! RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Chandler Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted January 06, 2014
As a former Chandler Oaks teacher & parent, I write this with great concern & caution. Here are the facts: The current principle(as of 2013 school year) was fired from her previous school in the Anderson Mill area for her lack of leadership, teacher & staff dissatisfaction which lead to multiple negative school board reviews, and teacher turnover due to problems with administration. More teachers have left Chandler Oaks since its inception in 2011 than any other school in the RRISD. Two children have been reported to have left the school property midday, walked home, & were not reported missing to the parents until hours later (I live very near by & know this to be factual). According to the RRISD school board teachers association & board reviews, more complaints have been filed on behalf of the teaching staff with regards to the lack of healthy leadership than any other elementary school in Round Rock. To cap it off, the current principle holds & practices extremely liberal views on marriage, education, & family. Please think twice before allowing this administration to shape your child.

Chandler Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted October 21, 2013
Provides education for Mayfield and Stone Oaks subdivision which is great! I use to live in San Marcos and you would have a nice subdivision, new school but other lower income subdivisions would go to the school. It isnt the childrens fault, but the parents there were rude and acted uneducated. I love that Chandler Oaks only serves our subdivisions. The homework directions can be a bit extensive but I understand the importance of homework time with the kiddos. I gave 3's for the teacher since this is my childs 2nd year and the two teachers I have known (yes I am very involved) are okay. One seemed to be a bit aggressive in her approaches with parents but wasnt that horrible. The other teacher has taught 3 years and is okay but overkills on the assignments. To improve the school I would work on the car pick up lanes. A bit disorderly. Mornings freak me out since kids are used to open doors I have seen these kids step out a bit early and its scary they could get hit. There is a teacher on site but there are like 10 kids to one teacher observing. Better signage would help other parents understand how the pick up/drop off car lane works. Overall not bad school!

Posted September 17, 2013
My school is great. It is located in my community. We are IB. My daughter is happy attending here. Great community as a whole.

Chandler Oaks Elementary School
3800 Stone Oak Drive, Round Rock, TX  78681
Last modified Chandler Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.