Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The school, teachers, and administration are friendly, helpful, and amazing. The teachers go out of their way to help their students. For example, my daughter missed school because she was sick and the teacher came to our home after school to deliver her school work and some of the treats students brought to school for a celebration.

The teachers and admin staff are very warm and welcoming. I feel they really care for my child.

Do not attend this school! The campus was way better years ago. Administration and teacher (Mr.Organ) does not protect your kids. They do not promote the "IB characteristics" instead administration allows Mr.Organ to promote suicide by watching YouTube videos with suicide content. Please be careful before sending your child here! Also, parents are very cliquish! My child has never hated school until attending this campus. Fortunately we were able to move from the neighborhood and my child attends another school and abosolutely loves going to school at another campus.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Because chandler oaks is an IB primary school, character building is part of the frame work for learning.

Wonderful teachers that care about their students! My daughter has been treated with nothing but respect and kindness. When she needed individual attention and encouragement, they have responded to her with genuine care and concern. In addition, the principal is respectful and professional. She also seems to care about the students and success of the school. I have nothing but great things to say about this school!

Although we are new to the area and the school, and though the school year has just begun, my husband and I have been impressed with this school since registration. Our third-grade daughter loves her teacher (who has over 12 years of experience) and we are thoroughly impressed with the curriculum as well as all of the amazing after-school & enrichment programs offered. I feel like the parents are involved and both parents and students are prideful of the beautiful school. I can't wait to see what the next three years bring!

COE is a young IB school, but is already full of pride. The community is really involved in COE events and operations, and I am surprised at the level of volunteers that participate and give their time to help the school, including myself! My daughter attends 3rd grade here, as she did first and second grade. She loves this school, the teachers, the staff, and the unique opportunities that an IB school can provide. I suppose IB is not for everyone, but for my daughter it is a great fit so far. I like the "one world" feel in which all cultures are recognized and respected... I for one think it is important to foster open-mindedness in our children, in this crazy world of ours. There are alot of new teachers here at COE, but I think that's normal at the elementary level. COE just got a new principal this year, so we'll see how that goes as well. Anyway, we love Chandler Oaks Elementary, a school destined for greatness!

Love this school! Staff and teachers work very hard to offer the best learning environment to students. Parents need more involvement in school to really know what is happening inside and not to start giving bad feedback based on one experience.

Chandler Oaks has high expectations of their staff, as well as students. Staff work hard to comply with RRISD curriculum, IB standards and parent requests. This is not an easy task! Students feel successful and feel a sense of purpose in their community. They learn to be caring, responsible citizens, as well as scholars. Parents have been quick to bad mouth teachers and school policies, without having much background knowledge on either one. In short, Chandler Oaks offers students a unique learning experience.

RUN RUN RUN away from this school as fast as you can! We moved into the Stone Oak area over 13 years ago & anxiously anticipated the opening of our new elementary school. Our children attended from the school's start through the 2012-2013 school year. What you should know: PLEASE do your research on IB-PYP "curriculum". They sell it like it's an advanced education that will put your kid way above those in non IB schools. The truth is your kid will spend 7 hrs a day learning NOTHING! Your kids will not be taught basic fundamentals of math like multiplication charts for instance. Can you see your 5th grader drawing little pictures to represent numbers in an equation that he is working on (60 apples then circle groups of 10). Forget teaching spelling...."it will come with time". Except by Oct./Nov. grading period your kid gets pulled into a "special group" so that he can have help with spelling. Let's not teach then single out & make kid feel stupid!! IB is all about writing. Great, unless you expect the writing to follow any rules.A kid whose had to do so much writing should have decent sentence structure & paragraph form down. not to mention spelling! RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Last modified Chandler Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.