K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

This is my son's 3rd year at Providence Academy. PA offers the perfect blend of home school and college prep. It is so rewarding to watch my son rise to the level of the curriculum used at PA. More importantly from an academic perspective, he is learning how to learn (something I found lacking in the public school system). Christian values and lessons are woven throughout the curriculum and activities. The students learn where their faith meets history, science, literature, leadership, and sports. And they learn how they can have an impact through their faith on the world they live in. The sports program is led by Jeff O-Shields and offers students of all athletic levels the opportunity to compete. These athletes learn about playing sports but more importantly they learn about sportsmanship, leadership and Christian values. It has provided my son the opportunity to play sports he likely would have never tried elsewhere. Coach O'Shields teaches the athletes what it means to work hard and compete but how to do so with a Christ-centered mind set. The staff and teachers sincerely care about the children and families who attend PA. The teachers are excellent and have exceeded all my expectations. There are many opportunities for families to participate in extra-curricular activities a well.

I am thankful for Prividence Academy. I completely trust the administrators' vision for the education of my child in this classical, Christian setting. The curriculum encourages students to view the world through the lens of the Word. The collaboration between the teacher and parents makes it possible for students to receive individualized instruction with accountability and structure. The curriculum pieces are wisely/purposefully chosen. Lots of time and emphasis is spent on prayer, and students, from a young age, have challenging memory work in the Word. We love Providence.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are excellent. They work together very well. We love Providence teachers and their commitment to the kids. They all have students in the school.

Amount of homework: Agree

Work, prepared by the teacher, is a fair amount for what should be expected in satellite days. Students do not have homework to complete on school days.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Through the character education program, students are encouraged to demonstrate godly character traits. Parents are made aware on a daily or weekly basis of traits that students are exhibiting.

This is our families 5th year at Providence and we couldn't be happier! Our daughters have loved all their teachers and look forward to going to school. The teachers are organized, caring, and one of a kind. They obviously LOVE what they do and it shows through their teaching and dealings with their students. The curriculum is definitely challenging and not for the faint of heart but I feel that our kids will be very prepared for the future and are receiving an excellent education. The teachers and school have high standards for behavior as Christ is their center. We look forward to future years at Providence!

My family has been so blessed by this school! The class sizes are small, the teachers make learning fun and the administration has exceeded my expectations!

I have nothing but great things to say about this school. My son goes here and it has been magnificent. Be ready for a challenging curriculum since it is a college prep school. If you want your children to truly learn this is the place to send them. I have had my kids in public, private and nothing compares to this school and all that my son has learned. In public he learned nothing but the STARR test and basically that is not teaching. Private was mediocre but here at Providence is taking the ACT and SAT test and is doing very well. I know by high school he will be ready for his college SAT and ACT. Wonderful teachers with the patience of Job. We are blessed to attend this school. We also have homeschooled and this is the best of both worlds.

On paper the school looked good but once our child got there we realized how disorganized and inexperienced the school was. We had to urgently remove our child from the school because it was an unhealthy environment due to the schools inexperience. My child's teacher seemed very stressed out at all times and was unable to cope with kids in her classroom. If you have a valid concern; they will act like they listen but will do nothing and they will not follow up to see if things are better. They will just keep on acting like it's the first time of hearing about it, even though there is email proof that they were aware of the problem from the beginning. When we withdrew our child they were more concerned about the money and the schools reputation than investigating the problem or the welfare of our child.

Last modified Providence Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8