Rowlett, TX
Students enrolled: 1,218

Posted June 03, 2015
WORST school ever!!!! My daughter's first and LAST year there. At the beginning of the year, my daughter was struggling with math. Met with Dr. Barrett to try to come up with solutions to help my daughter. Instead of helping, she stated to me, " Your daughter isn't the only kid struggling." and then proceeded to walk out of the meeting that I thought we were still having. I'm left standing there in disbelief because I'm not believing that this woman just walked out of our meeting.. and I definitely can't believe what she just said to me. RUDE!!!! And, my daughter has also been jumped on by two other girls there and nothing was really done about that situation. I encourage any and every parent, who has a well disciplined and smart kid, to RUN the other way and don't think twice about sending your kid to Coyle Middle School. Trust me, it will definitely be a waste of a good school year and you will be disappointed with the principal and some of the staff.

Posted March 25, 2015
Safety for students is not a priority at this school. The large group of out of control students and their parents run the school and the principals back those students and the parents. There is no discipline, consequences or concern for the challenging, difficult and disrespectful students. They are allowed to disrupt the classroom and it is the teachers that are questioned about how they handle the student, rather than understanding that it is the students that should be reprimanded. The students that are the good students feel threatened and bullied by the other students and watch helplessly as the other students continue to badger the teachers, disrupt the learning and get away with it. Many parents have pulled their child from this school and Many more should consider it.

Coyle Middle School 5

Posted August 09, 2013
This is the best school ever the students are very friendly and the teachers are very educated and the athletics are wonderful I definetly recommend this school to everyone!!!!

Posted August 22, 2012
The school administration needs work. They are extremely unorganized. They use an automated calling program to give messages to the parents. Sometimes I will get the same recorded call three times in one night, with three different school administrators having recorded the same or similar message that they did not bother to rehearse beforehand. The school was built in 1973, and it has taken 40 years for them to figure out that they have no structured pick up/drop off plan. Traffic there is a nightmare.

Coyle Middle School 5

Posted February 25, 2011
My son is going there for 6th grade. This is child #3 out of 4 so I have done the middle school thing before and have something to compare it to. My son likes this school and feels very comfortable. He spent the better part of 4th and 5th grade being bullied so I am relieved that he feel at home. I have mixed feelings about the band program. On one hand they keep you very informed, even including online concerts during class time. On the other hand, I feel very much like an outsider. Teachers so far a really good and some of them are super about e mailing and letting us know what the kids are supposed to be doing at home to be ready for class. Son did get a detention for not turning in an assignment but I am fine with that. I had so many issues with kid #1 and not turning things in that I am glad for a teacher that thinks it is important enough to do something about it. He has not missed an assignment yet. I hope that he continues to be happy there.

Posted April 27, 2010
I am a parent of a special education child, and my son had the worst years in Coyle that next year we will go to homeschooling. I will not recommend this school to anybody.

Posted November 27, 2009
I am a student at Coyle and just finished reading all of the comments with my Parents and we think that the comments from 3 of 4 were getting tough. I actually go to Coyle and know how everything runs. The thing that ticked me off the most was the first one on 4 of 4. Detentions, ae given out for diciplinary reasons. Your son probally told you that he just looked at another student but how do you know exactly? A teacher at Coyle would never give a detention out for no reason at all. Peace. /

Posted January 06, 2009
I'm a parent of a student who has attended Coyle for three years and I really love the school. Her teachers in 6th, 7th and now 8th grade really care what becomes of her. They hold her to the same standard I do and they expect nothing but the best from her. They encourage and give her an ear to vent with. Yes I've had some teacher issues, but they were really minor, just simple communication or misunderstanding. The teaching and office staff are awesome. If every given an opportunity to allow your child to attend this school you will not be disappointed.

Coyle Middle School 4

Posted August 27, 2008
Coyle is a wonderful middle school with a competent and caring staff. The Principals and Assistant Principals were always available. After years of excellence in management, there's a new Principal in town and several changes have been put in places.........as expected. Hopefully, the kids will continue to experience a fun, caring, learning environment unlike other MS in Rowlett. Proud Cougar Parent

Posted February 21, 2008

4500 Skyline Drive, Rowlett, TX  75088
Last modified Coyle Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coyle Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top