Rowlett Elementary School 5

Posted June 26, 2014
I absolutely love this school! When you walk in you get the sense that they love and care about the students. They have all kinds of great activities for the kids such as the Environmental Club, Fall and Spring picnic, Valentine Dance, and much more. The teachers work with all students and have high expectations. Compared to other schools around, they don't give a lot of homework and kids get a full 30 minutes of recess everyday! PTA is very involved and that just adds so much to a school. STAAR scores are awesome because teachers spend extra hours offering tutoring to kids that need it. Very friendly and fun school!

Posted July 23, 2013
The climate at Rowlett Elementary is friendly and professional. Ms. Alexander is a very fair and intelligent principal who strives to take EVERYONE'S needs into consideration, from the students, to the parents, to the teachers, the staff members, and even the custodians. This is a very delicate balance, and of course not every single person is going to be pleased 100% of the time, but her decisions are based on logic and what she truly believes is best for the school as a whole. My children have attended this school since kindergarten and have received an excellent education. We are very pleased and would highly recommend the school.

Rowlett Elementary School 3

Posted September 06, 2012
I use to love this school mainly because of the welcoming atmosphere. As a matter of fact it was one of the reasons we bought our house in this neighborhood. Each year though there have been 'new rules' that seem like they push the parents away from the school instead of welcoming them into the school. This year we were told you can't even walk your child to class in the mornings. So it has become a school that I'll be happy when she finishes because I don't enjoy the unwelcoming atmosphere anymore.

Rowlett Elementary School 5

Posted April 11, 2010
Great school on all catagories! The school leadership (principal, assistant principal, school nurse, teachers, office staff, and other employees) is exeptional! They discipline the children, stress safety, envolve parents in activities and recruit parent and grandparent volunteers.

Posted February 24, 2010
what happen to this school?? It has quickly gone downhill.

Posted September 16, 2009
They really love the kids there. My kids went there when they were in elementary and really had a great experience.

Posted August 16, 2009
This is an excellent school! The PTA is outstanding and is very involved. Rowlett Elem. offers many programs and activities that other schools do not: Environmental Club, movie nights, all-school field trip, 5th grade camp, spring picnic, Father/Daughter Valentine's Dance and Mother/Son BBQ to name a few. THe teachers do an excellent job of teaching with the resources they have for a 'regular' school. My daughter loves this school and her teachers! Can't say enough about this school!

Posted April 30, 2009
I Love Rowlett Elementary, more importantly my children love it. You can enter the school at anytime and never hear or see anything amiss. The teachers respect the children and make learning fun, in return the children all love being at school learning. I have noticed two areas that could use improvement, when the younger grades are out I do wish the aides would walk around and interact with children instead of sitting in a cluster to the point that they have no idea what is happening is several areas of the playground. Please get up!!! I also wish they had some acclerated classes and stop bussing other children in to conform to some so called 'makeup' of demographics! Parents in this neighborhood and immediate area should not have to worry about who is being bussed into our schools.

Posted December 22, 2008
Great School! I have no idea why it has gotten some bad reviews. Every parent I talk to who sends their child to Rowlett Elem loves it. The teachers my child has had have been very good. I know a lot of the teachers even send their own children to the school. Their is also a lot of parent involvement at the school. My son loves it their and has grown tremendously while enrolled at Rolwlett Elementary.

Posted September 30, 2008
Very small percentate of teachers are well educated to treat students.... rest of them are not. I do not think they are qualified to teach the children. They do not have the way to encourage the kids who have lots of clip changes..

Rowlett Elementary School
3315 Carla Drive, Rowlett, TX  75088
Last modified Rowlett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rowlett Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top