Bad
Good

The teachers, principals and staff care about kids and are hard working. They encourage input and involvement from parents. The PTA is very active and well organized. Our family has had overall, a wonderful elementary school experience with our children at Back Elementary.

The principal and assistant principal celebrate every student. There is a culture of support and appreciation for the students and their hard work. The students know that the teachers and staff care about them. The teachers go above and beyond to ensure the overall success of the students. This is a great school that is dedicated to educating the upcoming generations!

This is my first year enrolling a child to any school. My son attends Pre-K at Back Elementary and he loves it. The teacher and parent interaction is very good. They let you know how your child is doing by meeting in person or over the phone. My son has learned a lot this year. I am thankful for his teacher Ms. Wilson very nice lady for helping my child learn and love to go to school. Drop off and pick up is very easy. The only draw down is that the school needs a touch up it looks very old. Other than that I love this school and it is my #1 choice for 2015-16 school year.

There is no school more willing to help kids learn! Teachers and staff members are dedicated to making all students successful. Parents are welcome at our school and encouraged to be a part of their child's education.

From the moment you enter this school, and encounter the Hall Troll you know what a hassle this is. From drop off, dealing with the rudest office staff, even trying to have lunch with your kid is way too hard. The teachers here are all ready to retire and have the attitude to back it up. Ok, there may be a small handful of good ones, but the others, bless their hearts- really need to step back. Being the Bulldogs, they routinely refer to the kids as Dogs. Pretty demeaning if you ask me. With GISD being an open enrollment, we chose to vote with our feet and tried another school and boy, are we glad we did. There are options and this one should be the last one.

I would give this school 5 stars because everything about the curriculum and teachers are awesome....but they almos need to build a bigger school with a better layout. The Layout at Dorsey makes pickup and drop off very easy and safe. It's very hard to drop off and pickup kids at Back and I've seen kids almost get hit by cars because there are so many cars in a tight space.

I have had three children in this school after leaving another school in the same district. I agree with another reviewer, one of the office workers is the rudest person I have ever met in my life and the principal doesn't seem to care. Another thing I don't like is I am at the school a lot and the principal never seems available and has never returned calls the couple of times I wanted to speak with her. I do like a lot of the teachers who have been there since the openings, but there are a few duds. Overall a good school and the PTA is really awesome at putting the money to good use.

I have had 2 children go through Back elementary and are currently in Highschool and middle school in all honors and doing great. I have another child in 1st grade and one fixing to start Kinder at Back. And my first grader has been on A honor roll all year. You get out of a school what you put in. This school has a TOP Notch PTA. And lots of stuff going on.

I have had 2 children attend Back Ele. and I love the teachers and the asst. principal. Everytime I come to the office the staff are always very nice and I see the asst. principal either on his way in or out of the office. I love that he knows my kids by name and tells me when the act up. Everyone is very supportive and I know that they care about my kids.

I am a grandparent of a 1st grader at Back Elementary School in Rowlett, Tx. This school is in immediate need of an overall. Teachers and the offc staff are very unprofessional with the children. My granddaughter's teacher relys on homework to get her cirriculum done. The office staff is rude to students and parents. They have mean dispositions and pass that onto the students. This school needs a very hard look from someone that can make a difference!

Last modified Back Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.